iNFINITY9910
Kick
fatman123
DeletedUser#1
Shed
15 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool Empty Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool

Post by Shed Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:51 am

Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool Tumblr_myg0t2Q7dJ1ruhh4yo1_1280

Chelsea will host Liverpool at Stamford Bridge for Premier League Matchday 19 on Sunday,
December 29th

Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool Chelsea-Liverpool-Super-Sunday-Live-Panel_2858242

___

-

Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool Tumblr_myfir6WoYS1ruhh4yo1_1280

The match-up between the two sides has become something of a classic over the last decade or so. From the 'history' vs 'new kid on the block' angle, to the contentious, and sometimes controversial, Champions League ties of yesteryear, to the José Mourinho-Rafa Benitez archrivalry that continues to this day, to Fernando Torres, to the Suarez-Ivanovic Bite-gate of last season, there is certainly no love lost between these two teams and their fans.

Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool 829473013 Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool 829473402

Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool 8175766517_7638a91c63_o

The corresponding fixture last season between the two took place over a year ago, on November 11th. Roberto Di Matteo's Blues took the lead on 20 minutes through a trademark John Terry header - his 50th goal for the Blues - and Luis Suarez equalised for the visiting Reds a little over 15 minutes from time, seeing the game end in an agreeably fair 1-1 draw.

Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool 829888950 Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool 829889102

___

-

Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool 829902807

The two sides obtained differing results in their Boxing Day fixtures mid-week. Chelsea eeked out an old-fashioned José Mourinho-style 1-0 win at home to Swansea City via a brilliant solo effort from Eden Hazard, while Liverpool were beaten 2-1 by Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium courtesy of a slightly fortuitous goal from Alvaro Negredo seconds before the interval, following Phillipe Coutinho's opener that put the Reds initially ahead and Vincent Kompany's equaliser on half an hour.

Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool Tumblr_myfll3UFfo1ruhh4yo1_1280

Various personnel have represented both of these 2 sides; among them, Nigel Spackman, David Speedie, and of course Fernando Torres, among others - while on the management side, Liverpool icon Rafa Benitez and Blues legend Steve Clarke have in the past represented both Red and Blue.

Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool Tumblr_mybjy6pUbE1ruhh4yo1_1280

Current Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, of course, himself spent a significant amount of his early coaching career at Chelsea. After an uneventful playing career due to a knee condition that kept him from playing in anything other than non-League matches, he moved to Chelsea to become head youth coach in 2004 under new manager José Mourinho. He was eventually promoted to reserve team manager, before ultimately leaving to become manager of Championship side Watford in 2008. After a dour spell at Reading and a highly successful one at Swansea, he was appointed Liverpool manager in May 2012 following the departure of Reds deity Kenny Dalglish.

This, like several others before him this season, will be the first time Rodgers comes up against his former boss and mentor - and will, also like the others, doubtless be eyeing a successful first showing.

Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool Tumblr_myg08869Q21ruhh4yo1_1280

Out for the visitors are English duo Steven Gerrard and Daniel Sturridge, with youngster Jon Flanagan also ruled out for "a number of weeks", according to manager Brendan Rodgers, with a hamstring injury. The Blues have zero injuries save for fringe left-back Ryan Bertrand, but José Mourinho will be without personal midfield favourite Ramires after the Brazilian incurred his 5th yellow card of the season in the Blues' 1-0 win over Swansea on Thursday, earning him a one-match suspension to be served this weekend.

Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool Tumblr_myfgm0YcnA1ruhh4yo1_1280

The match kicks off at 1600 GMT

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool Empty Re: Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:39 am

I love Shed's previews Proud

I think John Terry/Ivanovic are nailed on to score from a corner/set piece....but I think Ramires is big big big loss for you. He's by far your most dynamic and energetic midfielder...and Mikel is very suspect when pressured and our midfield without Gerrard, presses a lot.

Can't see Mata starting, but interesting to see if Mourinho sits back, or takes the initiative.

I'll be gutted if we lose.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool Empty Re: Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool

Post by Shed Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:10 am

Thank you Seps :wub:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:49 am

Interesting to see who Mou picks to start with Hazard in this game Laughing

Essien would be a long shot at starting but probably be Lampard and mikel behind hazard, Oscar and shurley with Torres up top. Expecting similar tactics to the arsenal game tbh
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:06 pm

Chelsea vs Liverpool offers contrasting styles, says former Blues boss Avram Grant:
Avram Grant believes Sunday's game between Chelsea and Liverpool will offer an intriguing difference of styles between two title contenders
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9090786/premier-league-chelsea-v-liverpool-offers-contrasting-styles-says-avram-grant

"Both teams have different styles of play but I think it will be a good game."

"Brendan likes to see the bigger picture, whereas Jose likes to see the details. It is great that Brendan learned from him because he is a great manager."
"(Rodgers) is a very intelligent guy. He would do a lot of research about football, reading a lot of books and was interested in different aspects of the game."

"He will learn lessons and as you see now, he is a guy who sees the bigger picture. I think it is good for football that people like him are doing well."
"Chelsea are not playing great football at the moment but they have a very good squad. They have almost too many creative players but in my time, there was not even one creative player."

"Sometimes Chelsea depend too much in big games on the counter-attack. The days when it was a major part of the game has finished."

"Chelsea need to use their creative players - there are enough of them - and I am sure Jose is thinking about this."
"I think both sides will stay (in contention) until the end of the season. I think they will fight for the title as both teams have a good base."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:31 pm

Counter attacking still relevant in the game, but otherwise I agree with Grant
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:22 pm

I am sadly not going to be able to watch this one live but will catch a replay.

Honestly think we should try and knock Pool while they're down but I feel we'll play a cautious game.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:25 pm

I don't agree that they're all that 'down' at all. They did very well versus City who are imperious at home and were unlucky not only to not get a result, but indeed win.

Our recent record against them gives anything but confidence, and this will be one of the biggest threats to our home record under José we've seen, I reckon.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:35 pm

Certainly, I never like playing Liverpool, at all.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:38 pm

Liverpool are practically on holiday: José Mourinho says Reds title challenge being helped considerably by 'unbelievable advantage' of easy fixture schedule:
Jose Mourinho claims Liverpool are serious title contenders this season because their gentle fixture schedule, with no European competition, is like being ‘on holidays’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2530142/Liverpool-holidays-Mourinho-backs-best-friend-Rodgers-title-chance.html

"One week to prepare a match, play the match and one more week to prepare the next match. It is an unbelievable advantage."
"I think they can (win the title). Because they are good, because Brendan is good. Because they have time to prepare the team tactically, because they are not involved in the heat of the knock-out situation in the Champions League or even the Europa League. These players are going to play 60 matches at Chelsea. Liverpool will play 40 matches. It’s a big difference."

"Quality, plus ambition, plus this advantage, so yes."
"Brendan is doing fantastically but he is training every week in a calm way, every day, maybe twice a day, which is a big, big advantage. He needs to work well but he has a big advantage in the way you build your team."

"You know how much tactical work I have done since pre-season? Not much. It is easy for a team who do that every week. Not to be involved in European competition gives them a big advantage."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:13 pm

Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool Bck-_WcCQAAEbuJ

From Jan 2011, Torres vs Suarez....

Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool Pvqfn

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:48 pm

Nearly 3mil/goal :facepalm: nobodies gonna take this scrub from us
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:25 pm

Torres has more minutes per goal that Suarez! LEGEND!  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: 
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Premier League: Brendan Rodgers believes he owes his career to Jose Mourinho

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers believes he owes his career to the man he is trying to outsmart this weekend - Jose Mourinho.

Rodgers worked as a youth-team coach at Chelsea during Mourinho's first spell in charge at the London club.

He went on to become a manager in his own right and arrived at Anfield last year after spells at Watford, Reading and Swansea.

Mourinho left Chelsea in 2007 but returned this year after working at European giants Inter Milan and Real Madrid, and is now set to face his former protege for the first time.

Rodgers has impressed during his time on Merseyside and his team are just a point behind Chelsea in the Barclays Premier League ahead of Sunday's meeting at Stamford Bridge.

He said: "I probably wouldn't be sat here today if it wasn't for him. He played a huge part.

"He gave me the self-esteem and confidence that has prepared me greatly for the role I am in today.

"I have been fortunate enough to work with a lot of good people in football and learnt a lot from many people, but the one thing I got from Jose was the details.

"I described him at the time as the best day-to-day organiser in world football.

"I was very fortunate to work with someone of that calibre for just over three years. I really learned from him.

"He was brilliant for me. He really took me under his wing. I was a 30-year-old nobody who worked in youth development, who was assigned to come in and work there with him.

"From the first day of meeting him, he gave me the confidence and responsibility and accountability to work at that level. There are not many managers that would have done that.

"I was in pole position to learn and I wasn't going to miss that opportunity, hoping that one day I could follow in his footsteps at a leading club.

"Thankfully for me, my career has progressed to one of the best institutions in the world.

"It seems a long time ago now, but it was all part of my journey and my story."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9091397/premier-league-brendan-rodgers-believes-he-owes-his-career-to-jose-mourinho
interesting interview
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:00 am

Branislav Ivanovic will shake Luis Suarez's hand, says José Mourinho:
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho insists Branislav Ivanovic will shake hands with Luis Suarez when they take on Liverpool on Sunday
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9091427/premier-league-chelsea-defender-branislav-ivanovic-to-shake-luis-suarezs-hand

"This was a big thing, but Iva thinks it's something from the past."

"Everyone moves on - he's moved on."

"I think Iva is a big guy. When I say 'big guy', I mean big, strong heart, big strong personality. "

"He's not a Mickey Mouse player who complains at little things."

Hadn't even thought about this Laughing

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:07 am

Neither had I. I can't imagine Ivan wouldn't move on.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:09 am

If Petr Cech keeps a clean sheet tonight, He'll equal Bonetti's record for most clean sheets by a Chelsea player.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:12 am

Mou: for Chelsea to win we must score more goals from less chances

Expect another bore-fest
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:37 am

So, you guys ready to lose? :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:56 am

Jog on m8

Plus judging by what Mou said, we're clearly ready to draw Proud
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:28 pm

The only thing you'll be drawing today is the short straw :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:35 pm

Premier League - Chelsea vs Liverpool Bcp_uB_IEAAyBTK

Chart verifying that Suarez is a flat track bully and a big game flop :coffee:

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:22 pm

You have gone and jinxed it now, he will smash us.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:25 pm

If only I held such power Mad
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next