Lynx100
Patrick Bateman
rwo power
Juveman17
DeviAngel
27 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

- Superman | Gianluigi Buffon #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: - Superman | Gianluigi Buffon #1

Post by S Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:46 am

Buffon sixth in all-time list

Only five goalkeepers have remained unbeaten in Serie A for longer than Gigi Buffon after the Juventus man finally conceded following 745 minutes.

The custodian had kept eight clean sheets in a row until Maxi Moralez scored past him in Juventus’ 4-1 win at Atalanta.

Another clean sheet in Bergamo would have seen him jump up to third in the all-time list, but he now joins Luca Marchegiani in sixth.

1. Rossi (Milan) 929 minutes 1993-94
2. Zoff (Juve) 903 minutes 1972-73
3. Da Pozzo (Genoa) 791 minutes 1963-64
4. Pelizzoli (Roma) 774 minutes 2003-2004
5. Pinato (Atalanta) 757 minutes 1996-97
6. Marchegiani (Lazio) 745 minutes 1997-98
6. Buffon (Juve) 745 minutes 2013-2014
8. De Sanctis (Roma) 744 minutes 2013-2014
9. Reginato (Cagliari) 712 minutes 1966-67
10. Handanovic (Udinese) 704 minutes 2010-2011

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

- Superman | Gianluigi Buffon #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: - Superman | Gianluigi Buffon #1

Post by Cassius Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:05 am

Just wondering where all the trolls and knee-jerkers are hiding now Gigi is out of that bad patch of form?

Still one of the top 3 in the world, if not the best.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Buffon on racist chants & gay players

Gianluigi Buffon has offered his opinion on the recent spate of ‘territorial discriminatory’ chants that have blighted Serie A.

Several sides, including Juventus, have seen sections of their stadium closed this season due to chants against southern clubs.

But the goalkeeper has insisted that fans are not acting in hatred, but just urging to be heard.

“Racism is an important issue,” he told Gazzetta dello Sport. “I believe that human beings strive to find the difference between themselves and another race.

“Or, if in Italy, themselves and a citizen of another region. I think that the comparison can help us fight it though.

“I don’t think the fans are acting out of hatred – I just think the goal is to be heard and emphasize the dissent.

“I know the spirit in which they are made. I used to be one of those fans.

“I think it’s fair to severely punish for some forms of intolerance. I do not presume to fully understand the kind of abuse some players get.

“I can’t have the same sensitivity to those who are affected by the attacks, but punishment is important for the image of Italian football.”

Buffon concluded by commented on the issue of gay players – or lack thereof.

“I don’t think I have ever played with a homosexual player. But if Juve bought one, my only wish is that he’d win us games.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:35 pm

Italy legend Dino Zoff believes Mattia Perin “will be the heir” to Gigi Buffon, who remains “the best goalkeeper in the world.”

The 1982 World Cup winner cast his eye over the current shot-stopper situation in the Azzurri camp.

“Buffon is the best goalkeeper in Italy, in Europe and also in the world,” Zoff told the Corriere dello Sport.

“Andrea Consigli and Antonio Mirante are also very talented, but they are no longer particularly young.

“If I have to choose an heir to Gigi in the Nazionale, I’d pick Perin of Genoa. The future belongs to him.”

Perin turned 21 last month, but has been consistently ignored by the Italy Under-21 side in favour of Livorno’s Francesco Bard
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:55 am

Was voted second best keeper by IFFHS for the year 2013.Neuer was chosen the best for this year.

1) Neuer (211)
2) Buffon (78)
3) Cech (64)
4) Courtois (54)
5) Valdes (53)
6) Casillas (23)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:52 am

How many games is he suspended for? Also, do you think we could appeal his red card?
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:39 am

Happy Birthday Buffon
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:44 am

Happy birthday gigi ♥
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:51 pm

Buffon agent unsure about future

Gianluigi Buffon’s agent has admitted that he doesn’t know what the future holds for his client.

The Juventus goalkeeper has a contract with the club until 2015, but his representative has conceded that beyond then, he is unclear what the future may entail.

“Gigi does not feel his age,” Silvano Martina told CalcioMercato. “He’s always been number one - I think the history proves that.

“Gig is the captain of the national team, plays for a great club and is always decisive in matches.

“He has a contract with Juve and it’s easy to associate his name with the Bianconeri.

“But at the moment, I can’t say for certain what’s going to happen. Maybe he’ll retire, maybe he’ll leave, maybe he’ll stay.

“I just don’t know what’s going to happen at the moment.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:25 pm

Buffon: 'We take Europa seriously'

Gianluigi Buffon insisted Juventus are “taking the Europa League seriously” and condemned Superga banners.

The Bianconeri won the first leg against Trabzonspor 2-0 and play in Turkey on Thursday evening.

“Of course we are taking the Europa League serious. We can achieve some important things and at the end of the day you can never win too much,” said the goalkeeper in his Press conference.

“If we go forward, it would also allow us to gain confidence and guarantees that at times we have been lacking at this level.

“Trabzonspor goalkeeper Onur Kivrak often puts in a series of great performances and shows how brave he can be when coming out, while he also starts moves from the back. He is one of their main strengths.

“Our fans showed in the first leg how much they cared about this trophy with a response that sometimes we haven’t even had in certain Champions League games.

“That means the same winning mentality the Coach has drilled into us also now belongs to the fans. It needs a little more humility to get back into Europe’s football elite and the supporters showed us they are standing right behind us even if we’re not in the Champions League.”

However, Buffon had harsh words for those ultras who held up banners mocking the Superga tragedy during the Turin Derby.

“Respect must be total. It’s ‘rest in peace,’ so let’s try at least not to annoy the dead. If we are to improve the sporting spirit in Italy, then we’ve got to get respect into people’s heads.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:16 am

This weekend’s big clash between Milan and Juventus involves quite an intriguing subtext for one Juve player. Way back in 1995 a nervous 17-year-old Gianluigi Buffon, fresh from the Primavera side, made his Parma debut against the then-mighty Rossoneri. The champions elect were top of the table, yet despite legendary strikers Roberto Baggio and George Weah were held to a 0-0 draw, following the young ‘keeper’s superb performance. This Sunday Buffon plays them again but this time he is captain of Juventus, topping the table, super confident and it’s his team that are champions elect.

A lot has happened since that memorable November day when Buffon started his path to becoming arguably Italy’s best ever goalkeeper. Yet the fact remains that he isn’t getting any younger and at 36 his future with Juve seems up in the air, according to his agent.

“At the moment, I can’t say for certain what’s going to happen,” said Silvano Martina recently. “Maybe he’ll retire this summer, maybe he’ll leave, maybe he’ll stay, I just don’t know.” There are some who feel if Buffon thinks like this that he should retire sooner rather than later. A captain’s mood can determine the disposition of the whole team and to be so unsure of his future may just undermine the whole winning ethos Buffon for one has worked so hard to maintain.

There are also claims that in the Champions League, especially against top class opposition like Bayern Munich last year, his performances are not up to scratch. Then there are his injuries, especially to his back, which have been so serious that on a couple of occasions almost ended his career.

Nevertheless, his time isn’t quite up yet, he is still signed until June 2015 and undoubtedly still has the quality to lift a third consecutive Scudetto. However, according to some, including former Juve Coach Fabio Capello, that’s not too difficult as Serie A standards have dropped compared to previous seasons. “Juve are good in Italy and bad out of it,” he said. “There is no competition for them in Serie A, and therefore, no proper workouts.”

With this in mind and the fact that Juve have an undoubtedly strong defence, perhaps now is the time they should think about introducing a newcomer for next season. Reports suggest that they are already looking at Eintracht Frankfurt goalkeeper Kevin Trapp as Gigi’s long term replacement this summer. They could also bring back a couple of young on loan ‘keepers. If that is the case, perhaps Buffon could be more valuable by staying on the sidelines. From there he could instruct them and always be ready to step in if things don’t go according to plan.

The values of leadership can sometimes be underestimated in football and Buffon could be a real asset to make his replacement believe he has what it takes to play for Juve. He can also explain to less experienced players what is needed, how best to represent Juve and be the shining light youngsters can aspire to.

Certainly Juve have a class of talent that can look up to him with no less than 10 ‘keepers on their books. These include the highly thought of youngsters on loan in Serie B, like Nicola Leali at Spezia and Laurentiu Branescu at Lanciano. Away from Turin is Genoa’s Mattia Perin, who at 20 has already played for the Azzurri and has, according to Dino Zoff, the potential and the ability to become Buffon’s heir.

Juve also possess much strength in their youth system with 18-year-olds Sergio Citti and Gianmarco Vannucchi impressing with every passing game. Yet, perhaps the one with the most potential is 17-year-old Audero Emil, who has already played in the Primavera and is an Azzurri U-18 starlet.

Despite this potential, none are quite ready to step up to the top level just yet. It is all down to Buffon because he is still the best and the arguments and discussions can go on interminably about who can take his place if he retires.

And whether that is this summer or not, the only thing we do know for sure is that one day it will happen. So, while we wait lets just enjoy Gigi for what he has brought to Italian football since that stunning debut almost two decades ago.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:33 pm

GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:50 am

Buffon sole Italian in rich list

http://football-italia.net/46267/buffon-sole-italian-rich-list

(table content )
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:47 am

Whens the perfect time for buffon to retire? Who shall be his replacement? I hope that we put some importance on this issue.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:56 am

When he's no longer being called up for the national team Gigi said he will retire. When that is kind you, I don't know. Within the next 3 years is my guess.

In them 3 years we should assess talents such as Leali, Scuffet etc and make our decision smartly.

I personally hope we buy scuffet, I'm boarding the hype train and the fact he's Italian is a huge boost aswell.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:37 am

Yep, we need someone young. I guess Buffon can be a GK coach in juve to help our GKS to develop
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:58 pm

Lol, Salmano, why do you want Buffon to retire so badly? Don't you think he's been playing well recently? Also, I think we should sign Scuffet and keep loaning him to Udinese for playing time, kind of like what Chelsea are doing with Courtois.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:03 pm

@Gigi: Lol Laughing cuz tbh, I don't like to have old players in my team Smile and i want us to depend more youths Smile
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:21 am

But old goalies isn't that bad, plus in my opinion he's been playing well this season.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:39 am

Yes, he's been our savior in our most recent games ex. Napoli despite the loss...
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Sat May 24, 2014 2:38 pm

Buffon>Casillas.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sun May 25, 2014 4:01 pm

Official: Buffon is the next top ST of Juventus!!!!
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH... I swear, he's a beast in FIFA in ST, we scored a hatrick with him lol
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Sun May 25, 2014 6:28 pm

salmano9 wrote:Official: Buffon is the next top ST of Juventus!!!!
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH... I swear, he's a beast in FIFA in ST, we scored a hatrick with him lol

Very Happy 
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:53 am

Buffon: Allegri one of the group

Gianluigi Buffon sees Massimiliano Allegri as ‘one of the group’ at Juventus, whilst he reflects again on heartache suffered with Italy.

The goalkeeper is working under new management this pre-season following Antonio Conte’s surprise summer exit and has considered the changes so far noticed.

“Everyone has their own character. There is no formula that guarantees victory, otherwise it would have been patented,” Buffon has considered in today’s edition of La Stampa.

“There is the sergeant like Louis van Gaal and then there’s those like Carlo Ancelotti, who look for direct contact, and they both know how to achieve success.

“Which style do I prefer? I was pleased with both approaches because I received an education that helped me to respect authority.

“It is up to the players to figure out how to interact with the Coach so as to give their best. Ancelotti said that the Coach must be one of the group, not above it. Allegri is like this and it is a quality that I like.

“If the player is able to give something more, then they do so in certain situations.

“There have been several changes, but after a fantastic journey with the same men in command, a change can also be physiological.

“Concerns over Allegri’s relationship with Andrea Pirlo? I have never understood these - even if there were problems, between men these are resolved in a few words, it’s just a joke.”

Discussion remains on Juve’s ambitions heading into the new season, particularly in the Champions League.

“Investments play their part, but in the last two years Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid have reached the final.

“Surprises do happen, although it is strange to define Juventus like this.”

Roma are seen as Juve’s key competitors for the Scudetto, alongside Napoli.

“Roma? After last year they begin with enthusiasm and awareness of being competitive and having strengthened. At the start they are our equals.”

Meanwhile, Conte has been linked with taking on the vacancy with the national team.

“He would have to change the way he works because he would not have time to be so manic, but it would be quite a challenge.”

Buffon also had his say on the controversy surrounding prospective FIGC President Carlo Tavecchio, who in the run-up to this month’s election has faced pressure over racist and sexist comments released.

“The ‘banana’ phrase was and remains unfortunate, then it has been manipulated, but it will not be decisive. The future of the game depends on radical change, on programmes that are much more precise.

“Just for the fact there is an atmosphere like this makes it a half-defeat, let’s see if before August 11 [when the presidential election is held] it becomes a full one.

“If nothing changes from here to the 11th then we all have to feel part of the blame - players, journalists and anyone who gravitates around football. To remove some from their positions and change certain relations of power that are now exhausted cannot be so complicated.

“In politics they are trying and in sport they can too. The new President of CONI has ideas and presents himself as a reformist. Whoever is elected should have the same effect in conveying a sense of responsibility to those who insist on fighting for its interest.”

Tavecchio and Demetrio Albertini are standing for President as part of the fallout from the World Cup campaign, which saw Giancarlo Abete and Cesare Prandelli resign their positions.

“I am not one to drench my shirt in tears, I drench it in my soul. In Brazil, we lost everything, we had the opportunity to make our country proud during a difficult moment and we were eliminated in a manner so unseemly.

“I do not know the reasons for a debacle like this but I agree with De Rossi - you win with men and not with figurines.

“My words were not referring to an individual. We do not need a scapegoat. What bothers me is the conditioning of certain media - they exalt the youngster before they have done something concrete in their career.

“Pirlo is the greatest in the world and he should have to stay at home? The fanfare around some names, perhaps it is to drive up their price tag.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:23 am

Great video :bow:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:59 am

colosimo99 always with the best videos
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next