RedOranje
Red Alert
Helmer
DeletedUser#1
McAgger
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Everton vs. Liverpool || Battle for Mersey - Page 4 Empty Re: Everton vs. Liverpool || Battle for Mersey

Post by Helmer Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:43 am

why he looked good for 12m against Arsenal

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Everton vs. Liverpool || Battle for Mersey - Page 4 Empty Re: Everton vs. Liverpool || Battle for Mersey

Post by Red Alert Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:39 pm

El Jefe wrote:Midfield was painful to watch. The amount of times they got clear runs on our back 4 was a joke.
Lucas and Allen (before that miss) were probably the most solid players on the pitch after Suarez today.

No idea why they both came off, lucky we escaped with a draw after that. :facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:41 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote: I really hope Suso does provide that depth when he comes next season.
Only way Suso will make it here is if he plays the "David Silva" role and plays on the right hand side cutting in. Can't see him having a future in the middle. A lot like Coutinho in my eyes.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm very frustrated with the result simply because we would have kept Arsenal and other biggies in check if we had won. I don't think we played badly though (aside certain blunders). But I think kudos belongs to Martinez and Everton. Never seen either putting up such a spirited and aggressive display.

It's a big blow and certainly not the knock-out punch.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:35 pm

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:17 am

Gerrard on Flanno wrote:"You look at our team and our star man, for me, was Jon Flanagan by a country mile," Gerrard told the club's official website.

"He doesn't get many headlines but, as captain of the team, he was the player I am most proud of. I thought he was unbelievable.

"He's been fighting hard in training just to get in the 18, never mind the starting XI, but the manager threw him in at the deep end against a top-class player like Kevin Mirallas and I thought he was sensational.

"It was one of the best derby performances I have seen for many years. He reminds me of Jamie Carragher in a lot of ways. I don't think you would judge Jon in terms of ability or skill, but he is all about heart, desire, determination and fighting for the cause.

"He's a Liverpool fan like myself, so I know what it meant to him to come into a derby and finish as our man of the match by a mile.

"He reminds me of Jamie Carragher in a lot of ways. I don't think you would judge Jon in terms of ability or skill, but he is all about heart, desire, determination and fighting for the cause."

Steven Gerrard on Jon Flanagan

"I didn't have to say anything to Jon before the game. He's a local lad and you don't need to tell them what the derby means. He's known what to expect from an early age.

"Jon was on the front foot, he was aggressive. He did exactly what the manager told him to do before kick-off. He asked him to be positive and anticipate the danger. He was brilliant.

"All of the players gave him a round of applause when he came in the dressing room afterwards."

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:28 am

I guess Flanno answered some of ours of question regarding why BR chose him over Kelly?

Doesn't it? hmm 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:29 am

Red Alert wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote: I really hope Suso does provide that depth when he comes next season.
Only way Suso will make it here is if he plays the "David Silva" role and plays on the right hand side cutting in. Can't see him having a future in the middle. A lot like Coutinho in my eyes.
No, I can see him anywhere in midfield in the long term. In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if he even played as a deep lying playmaker.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:30 am

Flanagan has been very solid defensively, but he really didn't contribute much to attack, outside of giving the ball to Gerrard on one fast counter attack.

It'll hurt us against shittier teams I feel.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:34 am

McAgger wrote:
Red Alert wrote:
No, I can see him anywhere in midfield in the long term. In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if he even played as a deep lying playmaker.
Not sure he can regularly play that position regularly but I think he surely has capability to do that and he doesnt get physically bullied so easily. I have some hopes for him in the future. Just more to see how the entire season goes for him in LaLiga. I think he should be eased back in our line up slowly when he comes back without putting too much pressure on him. He will be perfect swuad depth young player which our academy is supposed to provide, at least for next season

Last edited by HEIL MEIN REDS on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:36 am

I think only problem with Flano is, he cant be a natural starter while once opposition knows it they will try to exploit that particular wing and attack us from there.
But Flano did try just 2-3 good passes in the front too except only in midfield. I say, the lad surely deserve at least one more start before Enrique comes back

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:43 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
McAgger wrote:
Red Alert wrote:Only way Suso will make it here is if he plays the "David Silva" role and plays on the right hand side cutting in. Can't see him having a future in the middle. A lot like Coutinho in my eyes.
Not sure he can regularly play that position but I think he surely has capability to do that and he doesnt get physically bullied so easily. I have some hopes for him in the future. Just more to see how the entire season goes for him in LaLiga. I think he should be eased back in our line up slowly when he comes back without putting too much pressure on him. He will be perfect swuad depth young player which our academy is supposed to provide, at least for next season
Whenever he's played at CM or even deep lying playmaker for Spain U21 or even our reserves. He's been exceptional. I think he can naturally play that position just as well as the AM role. I don't think long term the wide attacking midfield position will be his best role though.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:48 am

edited the post, i just meant regularly and immediately next season. In long term he can surely play that , yes i have seen him playing for U21 for Spain NT as CM and he was brilliant there

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:53 am

I'm actually hoping he gets a chance at the first team right away. He's improved a lot and I think next step for him is to be trusted to play an important role. I think he will be fantastic in a Rodgers system that wants to recycle possession.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:03 am

I must have been watching a different game because to me our left-back was poor.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:16 am

Art Morte wrote:I must have been watching a different game because to me our left-back was poor.
Defensively he was very solid. There was a couple of times when Mirallas completely destroyed Flanno and went past him as if he wasn't there but Flanno did perform valiantly and with balls. More than can be said for our captain or Joe Allen or Glen Johnson this game. But offensively he was very poor for me. The team didn't even trust him enough on offense so that was one of the reasons.

----------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT Months later:

Everton vs. Liverpool || Battle for Mersey - Page 4 Couts

Everton vs. Liverpool || Battle for Mersey - Page 4 Uasaurreez

Everton vs. Liverpool || Battle for Mersey - Page 4 3-3

Their goals
Spoiler:

Last edited by McAgger on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:54 am

Art Morte wrote:I must have been watching a different game because to me our left-back was poor.
You sure you weren't seeing it through a mirror reflection?? Cause that would make sense!!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:46 am

How will play Rodgers with Suarez,Sturridge and Coutinho together now?
4-3-3 , or 3-4-1-2 or other?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:12 am

Transitional 4-3-3 probably, A flat behind the halfway line 4-2-3-1 while defending and a 4-2-2-2 while attacking. That's what i noticed against Fulham.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:29 pm

McAgger wrote:
Red Alert wrote:
No chance. He's too lightweight in the PL to play as the DLP. And he can't defend.

McAgger wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
McAgger wrote:No, I can see him anywhere in midfield in the long term. In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if he even played as a deep lying playmaker.
Not sure he can regularly play that position but I think he surely has capability to do that and he doesnt get physically bullied so easily. I have some hopes for him in the future. Just more to see how the entire season goes for him in LaLiga. I think he should be eased back in our line up slowly when he comes back without putting too much pressure on him. He will be perfect swuad depth young player which our academy is supposed to provide, at least for next season
Whenever he's played at CM or even deep lying playmaker for Spain U21 or even our reserves. He's been exceptional. I think he can naturally play that position just as well as the AM role. I don't think long term the wide attacking midfield position will be his best role though.
Huge difference between playing for the reserves and for the first team. It's a lot more physical demanding, not only because there are older athletes but because of the tempo of the league.

He may have a chance as a CAM, but I can only see him playing on the right (again, David Silva role) for Liverpool.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:17 am

McAgger wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
McAgger wrote:No, I can see him anywhere in midfield in the long term. In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if he even played as a deep lying playmaker.
I think we should try to convert either Alberto or Suso to play as a DLP. No way all of them can reach their potential as AMs if their not getting game time because of each other.

I also think Suso should have been loaned to England or Germany, we already know he can play in a Spanish style, he needs to get used to playing in a faster, more physical league.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4