How Highly do you rate Fernandinho?

+3
RealGunner
The Franchise
Kick
7 posters

Go down

How Highly do you rate Fernandinho? Empty How Highly do you rate Fernandinho?

Post by Kick Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:51 pm

He's played a few games for City now and from what I have seen, he's been nothing special and certainly not worth the money they paid for him, have I just seen bad games or did City make a mistake buying him?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

How Highly do you rate Fernandinho? Empty Re: How Highly do you rate Fernandinho?

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:03 pm

He is not and never was worth 40, cut that in half at least.

I do think he is a good player though, he just isnt a holding midfielder and next to Yaya that isnt an idea fit.

If he was bought for cheap, played with a Carrick or a Sandro and was given more time I think he would end up a player people come to respect in due time.

But that isnt the reality and you worry about his possibilities to do well.

Still early though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

How Highly do you rate Fernandinho? Empty Re: How Highly do you rate Fernandinho?

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:07 pm

I think he is played in a wrong position as a wrong type of player. Pellegrini has actually used him more of a holding player and Yaya as a B2B. Fernandinho was never a holding player at Shakhtar. His strength was to run with the ball from deep. Something what ramires or Paulinho do for Chelsea and Spurs.

Neville mentioned this yesterday how Fernandinho looked better when Javi Garcia played as a DM in the 2nd half.

He was never a 40m player. Good player but he was a Mancini signing rather than Pellegrini. He still has a lot of time to adapt but would be wasted as a DM.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Not sure why they went after him with Yaya Toure already there. I'm always thinking they should have got a technical playmaker CM.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:26 pm

Yaya is their playmaker CM. They needed a solid DM to sit alongside him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:32 pm

If Yaya actually upped his work rate it would actually be a good idea to sign a Gundogan type or some sort of playmaker CM.

But seeing that Yaya is fat and lazy they need someone like Javi Martinez for example.

Anyway its already been said Fernandinho is a very good B2B midfielder who is being horrible misused.... was he worth 40m(although they didn't actually pay that much Laughing)? no but is he better than the likes of Ramires and Paulinho? IMO when used properly he is.

I actually like the partnership of Negredo and Aguero upfront but City really need a good partner for Silva and a good partner for Yaya neither have really happened so far and that's been the case for a long time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:39 pm

I think City are flawed, as much as I love Yaya, he is part of the reason.

I think both Mole and MT are right.

I agree with MT, they need a passer from deep. But I agree with Mole, because of Yaya's declining work rate (he still gets through a lot of work numerically but the eye test shows otherwise) you want a holding midfielder next to him.

I think City suffer because Yaya is a dribbler and slalom runner from deep and a passer second. He can pass no question, but no midfield is like "we need to shut down Yaya, he is cutting us open with our passing". So nobody is afraid of closing the lines off, to playing higher to close him down early.

If you had a dangerous passer next to him to plays deeper killer passes,  you cant give that guy space and that either opens the lines or forces the lines higher up and gives space behind to the runs of Agero/runs from Yaya/pace of Navas.

But again, cant do that because you will likely fail to name an incredible deep passer who is defensively capable enough to play next to Yaya.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:40 pm

So basically, they should have splashed that money on DDR?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:44 pm

Kick wrote:So basically, they should have splashed that money on DDR?
Basically yeah..... whether he would have left though i still have huge question marks over that.

I know there's been lots of reports but i have never got the impression he really wanted to leave.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:44 pm

If he still has it in him to be the force he was, I dont know if he does or not. The rare times I have seen him, he doesnt look the same.

But I dont watch Roma much at all.

Though I should be quite ashamed of that considering how they have started the season.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:56 pm

good thing City are clueless then Thumbs up

how does he compare to Paulinho, Gustavo and the other CM's who are likely to be playing in the WC for Brazil?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:00 am

On current form he is nowhere near the national team. Paulinho, Hernanes, Gustavo, Ramires and Lucas are all ahead of him in the playing order. Quite sad since he moved to City so that he had a better chance to play the World Cup. He is actually a very good player who is being horribly misused as a holding midfielder. When he plays with a DM like Garcia/Barry and not Yaya, expect him to give much better performances. Yaya is an undisputed starter at Man City, bad career choice for Ferandinho moving there. A lot of clubs could do with him but then again I don't think anyone other than an City would be willing to meet Shakhtar's demands.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:07 am

Not as high as Leiva
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down