Tomwin Lannister
Juventude
DeviAngel
juve_gigi
9 posters

Go down

Roma... Empty Roma...

Post by juve_gigi Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 3:15

Looks to be our biggest competition this year. They look good, have a good coach and they don't have any European football to play this year so they're sole focus will be winning the scudetto.

Napoli of course is a stronger team in my opinion but they have to play in CL, so I would say we need to look out for Roma this year. I think it's gonna be a tight battle right until the end. If we are doing well in Europe then we may need to sacrifice the scudetto this year. It's gonna be tough. If we make it to quarter finals of CL then that will take a great toll on our team and Roma will swoop in for the kill.

The question now is do we go for broke with CL and take a risk on losing our 30th scudetto this year or do we play to win the scudetto first and whatever happens in Europe happens?

I would like to win that 30th scudetto this year more than anything as it would signify something very special. Of course I would like us to win the Champions League as well. I think we have the team to go all the way. I'm hoping though that Marotta re-inforces us in January so we can make a double swoop. Another midfielder like Nainggolan would help solidify the middle especially in case of injury. Perhaps another defender as well as Caceras hasn't played all year and Chiellini is good for one injury a year plus Barzagli is looking a bit tired out there.

If the Lion King steps up and contributes then we should be good at forward. If he flops then another striker will be needed. Another player I was thinking of was Giaccherini. With Di Canio canned Sunderland may look to unload some of their Serie A players. Depending on what happens with Pepe, Giaccherini would be a great sub off the bench and he can play multiple positions.

Let's see what happens the next couple of months. Hopefully we pull away from Roma but I think they are gonna hang around at the top all year...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Roma... Empty Re: Roma...

Post by DeviAngel Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 3:29

What competition beside Lazio who are shitty this season they haven't played against strong team...
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 15:12

Yeah, I'll worry about Roma when they play someone decent other than Lazio.  A schedule of Livorno,  Hellas, Parma, Lazio, Samp, and Bologna isn't very challenging.  It's a good start and you're right that the lack of European football will benefit them, but they need to play someone.  

Right now, I'm just concentrating on our team and we haven't impressed against some pretty low competiton.

Last edited by Juventude on Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 15:32; edited 1 time in total
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 15:13

I'm worried about our displays tbh

We lack the intensity and the chemistry we've become used to.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 15:42

we are just temping our form

I'll quote myself from the game thread :

DeviAngel wrote:We are just timing and temping our form as can be seen at the beginning against Lazio when our schedule wasn't so tight we owned, calm down you can see when we lose or we need a goal we put second speed and destroy opponents with our pressing its simple tight schedule = timing and temping our form. Don't talk like that if we play with our full strength by New Year our players will die lol and we don't have subs for all of them you know
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 15:49

It kinda seems like a repeat of last season where we started out very slowly.Anyways,this year we have greater competition and some really tough opponents in the CL group.I'll judge this team properly after another month or two of games go by.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 15:52

I agree with the midfielder part btw.Padoin as 1st/2nd choice midfield sub sounds awful.
Nainggolan would be some swoop.I hope we do everything we can to snap him up.This guy is a top player.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 17:21

We will be a lot better than this, while Roma, Napoli and Inter won't get any better. No point wasting all our energy while we manage to get results with minimal effort (excluding Copenhagen obviouly)

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 17:58

Actually, Roma are running a brand new system that is tough to learn... surprised they're doing so well, so early. Believe it or not, they will get better as the system becomes more refined.

It is interesting to see how that, so far, nobody has been able to handle Garcia's method since it's completely anti-Serie A tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun 6 Oct 2013 - 1:25

I told you guys. Now do you believe me??

Always listen to Papa...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun 6 Oct 2013 - 3:31

Let's wait and see
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sun 6 Oct 2013 - 5:06

wait and see what? i talked about this in the general section, Roma is on the way to the scudetto, and they dont have other competitions to participate, Roma can achieve top 3, the team is playin BEAUTIFUL football
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sun 6 Oct 2013 - 5:25

If they keep performing like this until January they will win it.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down