West Bromwich Albion 1 - 1 Arsenal: Bendtner runs into a post, Bendtner kicks ball at ball boy, and something about a penalty shootout

+13
mzamani
Sina
RealGunner
Wilson37
Raptorgunner
beatrixasdfghjk.
DuringTheWar
urbaNRoots
REWB
Lex
Eman
aleumdance
Jay29
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

West Bromwich Albion 1 - 1 Arsenal: Bendtner runs into a post, Bendtner kicks ball at ball boy, and something about a penalty shootout - Page 2 Empty Re: West Bromwich Albion 1 - 1 Arsenal: Bendtner runs into a post, Bendtner kicks ball at ball boy, and something about a penalty shootout

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:03 am

Def. I want him to have a good season so badly lol

He seems like a changed person. I'm rooting for him

VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

West Bromwich Albion 1 - 1 Arsenal: Bendtner runs into a post, Bendtner kicks ball at ball boy, and something about a penalty shootout - Page 2 Empty Re: West Bromwich Albion 1 - 1 Arsenal: Bendtner runs into a post, Bendtner kicks ball at ball boy, and something about a penalty shootout

Post by Lex Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:52 am

Did we watch the same game, guys? Bendy was terrible Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:04 am

Lex wrote:Did we watch the same game, guys? Bendy was terrible Laughing
he looked decent considering he hasnt played football for the last 2 years...

Thumbs up - good touches and hold up play.. decent passing.. good assist.. cool penalty..
hmm - lost most of the aerial duels.. wasted the most simple chance of the game.. tired and gave up completely after 90 mins..
Razz - ran into the post and injured himself.. kicked the ball straight at the ballboys..

so really eventful outing for Bendtner.. Smile
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:12 am

Lex wrote:Did we watch the same game, guys? Bendy was terrible Laughing
Yeah, but he was terrible in a promising way Laughing

He seems to actually want to contribute and help the team win rather than just play for himself now
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:39 am

Nice work as always Jay.

Think I might have to watch some of the game back on Arsenal Player as my stream was quite dreadful at times.

From what I could make out, our back 5 were superb whilst the midfield and attack did ok but struggled at times.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:34 am

Bendtner was anything but terrible. His link-up play was very good, assisted our only goal and scored his penalty pretty comfortably. It was clear he was lacking fitness though, he got tired pretty quickly in the 2nd half and remaining of the match, which made him miss that one-on-one.

I can't predict how he's going to do this season, but one thing is for sure... he's going to work his ass off. We all know he loves a big contract so he'll be working hard to get one (obviously not at Arsenal). Bendtner simply can't afford to play poorly and not give 100% every game. I'll be supporting him and hoping he has one final good season with us.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by getdarker Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:17 pm

Especially with internationals coming up . Bendtner has to put in the effort like giroud. Running his ass off ,closing down players, and asking for the ball. If he can replicate giroud hes good to go
getdarker
getdarker
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:03 am

I think Bendtner had a good game given that my expectations were incredibly low. Had decent holdup play, decent with his feet and did his best to make something of that ragtag frontline he had around him. That one on one miss was incredibly stupid but decent is a much more fitting word than 'terrible'.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:37 am

Bendtner - Fans made my return emotional

"It was just the feeling I had, being back in the shirt and playing," Bendtner told Arsenal Player. "The fans giving [me] that reception, I didn't expect that. It made me very emotional. I think that's the only way really to explain it.

"I'm not a guy who feels a lot of things and talks about my feelings and stuff like that but I felt something when that happened and that's very unusual for me. I felt I needed to say it.

"It makes a huge difference [having the fans' support]. It's something I would have thought about because in the whole transfer window situation, no one denied the fact that I was trying to leave. The boss also said that they were happy to let me go.

"Then a lot of things happened, a lot of things got turned upside down. In football you can never say never. I ended up being here.

"I'm a professional player. My job is to do the best for the Club. Even if I wanted to leave, I've still got a lot of feelings for the Club. It's not a difficult thing for me to come back."

Bendtner accepts that he was prepared to leave Arsenal during the summer. In the end, he stayed and now the 25-year-old is keen to prove himself again in north London.

"One minute you're going and the next you're staying," he said. "It's part of life and you know that this situation could happen. Then again, this is my job - to play for Arsenal.

"Even though I wanted to leave, now that I'm here, I don't feel bad about it. I'm quite happy still and I still have a lot of good friends in the team.

"I know the Club inside out so the transition period is not going to be huge because I know the way we play and the way everyone thinks.

"To get back into the team is just a matter of fitness and playing 120 minutes, which I did on Wednesday and didn't expect after being out for a while. I was very pleased with that.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/bendtner-fans-made-my-return-emotional?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:34 am

Mourinho: 'We play Man City on Sunday before cup game v Arsenal on Tues, so our Under-21 side will probably have a great experience.' wrote:
hmm :fishing: 
WAIT AND SEE
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2