Does anyone know how to get a job in a football club?

+3
McAgger
free_cat
unicorn_fang
7 posters

Go down

Does anyone know how to get a job in a football club?  Empty Does anyone know how to get a job in a football club?

Post by unicorn_fang Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:48 am

What kind of work are you doing? but I believe if you show up here, you must be crazy about football. I'm 30 years old, operating my digital media company,everything goes well, good income, and much free times. Football is my biggest hobby, I watch every watch I can on TV or to the field, I play all the computer games related to football, football manager,FIFA,PES. of course I play football every weekend with my fellas.
I believe if I can have a job relate to football I will be very happy all the days. I'm not just wandering here, I'm seriously considering it, but I'm not sure what's role is good for me. coach? scout? Player agent? or common club management? I have company operating and marketing experiences, and I can go back to college to learn football profession and foundation theories knowledge. Does anyone know which college has the most famous football major in Europe? or has experiences in any football club? give some advices. Thanks.
unicorn_fang
unicorn_fang
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know how to get a job in a football club?  Empty Re: Does anyone know how to get a job in a football club?

Post by free_cat Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:38 am

Hi, In barcelona there's the Johan Cruyff institute for Sport's institution management:

http://cruyffinstitute.org/es/master-internacional-en-gestion-deportiva/

However, if what you like is an on field job, I would recommend you to get a coaching license. I don't know in the US, but in my country there are 3 levels of football license (every level is one year of classes). Even if what you want to be is a scout, it helps to get the license. After getting the license, you can try applying to all football clubs in the USA as an assistant coach, scout, whatever, start from the bottom.

Considering how famous Barça is right now, maybe you could come to Spain to get your coaching license (3 years) and try to get some kind of internship at a Barça youth team or just go to Barça sports city every day during some weeks and learn about how they train. Afterwards, you can put that in your CV and it might help getting you a job in the US.

Cheers.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know how to get a job in a football club?  Empty Re: Does anyone know how to get a job in a football club?

Post by unicorn_fang Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:44 am

Thank you free_cat, I think Europe is the centre of football, and I'd like to move to Europe. Smile
unicorn_fang
unicorn_fang
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:46 am

To be a player agent, one must be a lawyer, no?

That's how it is in the US at least
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn_fang Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:48 am

I totally have no idea about that tongue 
unicorn_fang
unicorn_fang
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:04 am

I hink you just need to get your FIFA license of agent.

To become an agent, I would tell you to apply for a job in an agency to get experience, or try your luck becoming an agent of your own trying to recruit some young players, but it will be difficult that the players want you to be their agent if you have no reputation unless they have some kind of relationship with you.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn_fang Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:07 am

Yeah, agent is hardest role to achieve, unless I have experiences in some agency
unicorn_fang
unicorn_fang
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn_fang Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:29 am

have you ever thought working in a famous football club? and live on your biggest hobby?
unicorn_fang
unicorn_fang
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rodri Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:57 am

There are many many many jobs around football. I think you have to choose some kind of job, which is similar to things, which you know and can do.

So, if you know things about digital media, what about for example football club TV? Most of Europeans big clubs have got own TV. Or you should do something like that in US.

rodri
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:55 pm

McAgger wrote:To be a player agent, one must be a lawyer, no?

i highly doubt mino raiola is a lawyer hell the guy acts like he dropped out of high school. but looking at his wiki page it says he went to law school so u must be on to something there.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:04 pm

To be a player agent, you have to be either a lawyer, hold a certain UEFA license or be a relative of the player in question. So ifyou are not a relative and don't feel like getting a law degree, you might consider obtaining said UEFA license.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn_fang Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:27 pm

em....., according to your information, I have to give up player agent. But @rodri 's idea is interesting.
unicorn_fang
unicorn_fang
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn_fang Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:31 pm

spanky wrote:

i highly doubt mino raiola is a lawyer hell the guy acts like he dropped out of high school. but looking at his wiki page it says he went to law school so u must be on to something there.
the legend of player agent, must have some unusual talent and experiences. hard to copy that. Razz
unicorn_fang
unicorn_fang
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:40 am

Not the way it is in the US, trust me, I'm a lawyer.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum