narbeZ
Patrick Bateman
Albiceleste
Lupi
9 posters

Go down

Grazie Osvaldo Empty Grazie Osvaldo

Post by Lupi Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:33 pm

now that the transfer is almost done , i think he will be missed , there was moments that i wanted to cut his throat but then there was times that he helped Roma , Grazie Osvaldo hope he find his true place because he is criminally underrated

Grazie Osvaldo 9365_10152799167720611_613001235_n
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Grazie Osvaldo Empty Re: Grazie Osvaldo

Post by Albiceleste Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:01 pm

Great thread mate

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:12 pm

Good riddance !

Grazie Osvaldo IEECX1q

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:37 am

Southampton is just what he deserves. He's got a huge ego, had a row with our fans and probably half our team/trainers/managers. Never disliked a player as much since Adriano.

Here's to seeing this guy become absolutely irrelevant.
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:42 am

Roma is certainly not the loser here, they will find someone better.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:19 am

Great player underrated but his character is simply cassano like....
I wanted him in Juve as I think he would have been beast of a ST for us but than again Conte would have killed him lol.

I want to say grazie for all he has done for serie a and Italy.

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:38 am

Would you buy someone!!! There is very little time left of this window and I feel we wouldn't have sold if he wasn't deemed as surplus.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:40 pm

And as a goodbye gift, he says that a portion of the fans [at least he didn't generalize] had a big lack of respect for him without him having done nothing to warrant it. If he doesn't know what he did to deserve that, then good riddance. He scored a couple of important goals, but he isn't a world class player and not even close to it, so his attitude is enough to let him go.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:37 pm

His goals will be missed but his attitude won't
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:51 pm

Good thing is that now we probably wont see him for Italy in a while Smile
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:45 pm

ErPupone wrote:And as a goodbye gift, he says that a portion of the fans [at least he didn't generalize] had a big lack of respect for him without him having done nothing to warrant it. If he doesn't know what he did to deserve that, then good riddance. He scored a couple of important goals, but he isn't a world class player and not even close to it, so his attitude is enough to let him go.
I rate him above Gilardino,destro , Borriello , Matri .quag , denis , and so many other serie A strikers . He can even put world class performances on his day ,and lets be honest the club cant get any better than him now . seeing Borriello and destro as our only players up front is like a nightmare , cant get worst than that , and then Gervinho ? was he even that necessary . we sorta replaced osvaldo with gervinho that's a loss to me . what did he do to deserve all these fans crap and wasn't the ultras the ones that stab two ternana fans? they are getting to be like laziale fans , i understand the frustration but these actions are shambolic
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:51 pm

Go about half way through this thread so you'll see what Osvaldo did, I'm tired of repeating: http://www.goallegacy.net/t30722-osvaldo

So you rate him above other average strikers, great. He's slightly better than some of the ones you mentioned, but he's not worth all the headaches. There's too much drama with players like this and Rome doesn't need more drama. I don't want another ticking time bomb on this team, Cassano was enough.

We'll see what Destro could do once he gets back in form. But if you think Gervinho is a direct replacement for Osvaldo, I'm sorry but you're mistaken. I'm liking this signing more and more, because our team severely lacked pace, as I've also mentioned before. The transfer market is not over and I believe we have a more direct replacement for Osvaldo coming in the form of Abdel Hernandez. And if we don't sign someone else and start without a pure striker, who cares? Some of our best years in the past decade came without using a striker and just Totti up front with fast players around him. Here's to hoping that Gervinho, Florenzi and Lamela become our Taddei, Perrotta and Mancini of 2007.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:30 pm

ErPupone wrote:Go about half way through this thread so you'll see what Osvaldo did, I'm tired of repeating: http://www.goallegacy.net/t30722-osvaldo

So you rate him above other average strikers, great. He's slightly better than some of the ones you mentioned, but he's not worth all the headaches. There's too much drama with players like this and Rome doesn't need more drama. I don't want another ticking time bomb on this team, Cassano was enough.

We'll see what Destro could do once he gets back in form. But if you think Gervinho is a direct replacement for Osvaldo, I'm sorry but you're mistaken. I'm liking this signing more and more, because our team severely lacked pace, as I've also mentioned before. The transfer market is not over and I believe we have a more direct replacement for Osvaldo coming in the form of Abdel Hernandez. And if we don't sign someone else and start without a pure striker, who cares? Some of our best years in the past decade came without using a striker and just Totti up front with fast players around him. Here's to hoping that Gervinho, Florenzi and Lamela become our Taddei, Perrotta and Mancini of 2007.
No offense but i found Ur argument  irrational there and even now , I do not remember seeing Totti as central forward in any friendly game so i cant agree with your 2007 team model either . If that was the case at least i would take that as their plan or hell even if garcia were about to use ferrante upfront id be happy . I do not want a happily team in the dressing room that cannot score . Osvaldo with good behavior or bad , managed to put the ball in the net 28 times in 2 year ,and with his role under L.E as rather wide striker considering gervinho as his replacement is not that far from truth .this whole conversation reminds me of the one i had about two years ago on vucinic , Roma fans thought he was incompetent and he went saying fans never appreciated him and wasn't he the best Juventus forward in the last two years? he was in my book!

I wanted him to stay and with Totti letting him to take the penalty in the friendly game makes me think that im not the only one
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:32 am

Which argument exactly was irrational? I make many.

Totti was used as a central forward at times, often rotating with Lamela and/ore Borriello throughout matches. He spent the second half against the Allstars in the middle.

Garcia has used the 4-2-3-1 as well, but at one point he did use Taddei as a regista so it was kind of a strange experiment, but we won anyhow.

And it's not only a question of a happy dressing room, it's about a happy city. The fans turned on him the moment he showed that he didn't care about our jersey. It's different than Vucinic who had a nightmare final season with us and who is now disliked by many Juventini as well. Osvaldo has no emotional regulation and is too egoistic. That, at times, could fly by if the player repays with brilliant performances, but Osvaldo has not done that consistently enough. You can throw the stats around of about a goal every two games, but with Zeman he should have scored a lot more. And a hat-trick against Siena is great, but please follow that up with a good performance in an important match. He wasn't consistent enough and that could have also been accepted if he wasn't such a hot case. Basically we could have dealt with one or the other (consistency or arrogance), but not both.

Gervinho is there strictly to provide pace and to put the ball on the feet of someone who could finish, i.e. Totti.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:06 am

win games and city will be happy , lose to Nazio in Final and problem creeps in
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:25 am

At least this is do or die for Destro. Completely vanished after the hype he got before joining Roma, now is the time to get it back!
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:43 pm

IL Gladiatore wrote:win games and city will be happy , lose to Nazio in Final and problem creeps in
No, the problem didn't creep in after May 26th, it escalated to another level that day. They could have rescued the season that day, but they decided not to show up.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:01 pm

one of the main problems in Roma is the fact that people are so quick to find someone to blame for everything , first L.E then zeman , then Osvaldo and who is the next target? they should observe and address the problem instead of Pointing at anyone specific and call it a day .I actually had hopes for new season with arrival of Strootman and Maicon has been good at friendlies so far , so i can say they managed to do some positive but then again they decided to break something to cover up for it .That mental pattern might make future the replica of the past .
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down