Firenze
McAgger
47 posters

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

True Detective || HBO - Page 31 Empty Re: True Detective || HBO

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:42 pm

Okay so my theory up to this point:
Lucy had sexual relations with Mr. Hoyt in order to get more money or just get something out of him whatever it is, Julie is an offspring of them too. Hoyt is a very powerful man so he devised a whole plan to take Julie away from Lucy and Tom.

This can be backed up by Lucy's immense guilt in the last episode, she definitely knows more than what she has told the detectives thus far.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:07 am

new episode is already out apparently @Robespierre

due to Superbowl being Sunday
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:07 am

Myesyats wrote:
Firenze wrote: it's easily a top 5 show ever

Laughing

Easily fam. I've seen every highly ranked serious show from the last like 19 years. Don't @ me.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:52 am

Just watched the new episode that was released early. Stephen Dorff with perhaps some of his strongest acting ever. Some amazing dialogue in this episode with Mahershala. Both of these guys will be up for all kinds of awards, that much is clear.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:26 am

Firenze wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Firenze wrote: it's easily a top 5 show ever

Laughing

Easily fam. I've seen every highly ranked serious show from the last like 19 years. Don't @ me.
Not even anywhere close IMO. It's an alright show but rather dull. The characters are over-acting in terms of their misery. The bulk of dialogue puts me to sleep, the writing is great but it's still boring. I'd say it's somewhere in the top 30 though. That's something.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:58 pm

McLewis wrote:Just watched the new episode that was released early. Stephen Dorff with perhaps some of his strongest acting ever. Some amazing dialogue in this episode with Mahershala. Both of these guys will be up for all kinds of awards, that much is clear.

That lengthy final scene was great. Dorff completely holding his own with Mahershala so far.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:32 pm

Firenze wrote:
McLewis wrote:Just watched the new episode that was released early. Stephen Dorff with perhaps some of his strongest acting ever. Some amazing dialogue in this episode with Mahershala. Both of these guys will be up for all kinds of awards, that much is clear.

That lengthy final scene was great. Dorff completely holding his own with Mahershala so far.

I don't even like eggs and the ones he cooked for his dog looked pretty damn good Laughing

I just loved the rawness of that scene with Ali. The push and pull dynamic of that argument and then reconciliation was superb.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:40 pm

Firenze wrote:new episode is already out apparently @Robespierre

due to Superbowl being Sunday

In Italy right now . Just finished to watch
More and more better :bow: What a series :now:
I have to quote myself about what I had written a week ago

Last edited by Robespierre on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:41 pm

Robespierre wrote:Excellent is proper word (and thank you TD3 for introducing me to Sarah Gadon .)
TD1 was raised especially from interpretations by Rust and Marthy , but this TD3 might be even better about the plot.
My insane prediction : killer can be the sister and she runs with his adult friend n fear that she'll be in trouble for killing her brother
Okay I ' ve read this prediction on web , it sounds weird but it's in my mind now.

Ehm ehm ehm
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:08 pm

What about Elisa Montgomery , the blond reporter ?
My strange theory : She Is not just a minor character , she has to do with Julie Percell, perhaps the daughter ....

El Gunner wrote:Okay so my theory up to this point:
Lucy had sexual relations with Mr. Hoyt in order to get more money or just get something out of him whatever it is, Julie is an offspring of them too. Hoyt is a very powerful man so he devised a whole plan to take Julie away from Lucy and Tom.

This can be backed up by Lucy's immense guilt in the last episode, she definitely knows more than what she has told the detectives thus far.

I am keeping a cold head on how much I' ve seen and I am going to believe Amelia Is the murder lol
It 'd be the most shocking scenario, not typical of Pizzolato, but there are some things that make me think...(ah I think she had really sexual relations with Hoyt, at hospital Hays asked her about that smell.. Clearly she wanted to know more and more about these investigations... But It was just for curiosity?)
Is there anyone to have these impressions ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:31 pm

OOOOOOOOO another great episode

Well , it sounds as the clarifying episode of the series

The weird theories are going to die after it. Again Pizzolato realism prevails on everything.

Probably it's going to be a soft final now, similar to TD1, no "drama" but I repeat again that's Pizzollatto

He takes you a story extremely credible but still great quality around this job

It is the clarifying episode of series imo but at same time it was the deepest episode.
Some intense scenes, as the last ... I had understood it was the moment before of father to say "Julie?" ... I mean, The Pink Room
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:33 am

Damn....that last few minutes. Really sat up and paid attention when we got into the pink room and I saw who was behind him. That dude looked and sounded sketchy right from the off when they originally interviewed him.

Great episode.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:20 am

My Hoyt theory is still running alive and well.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:11 pm

I wonder when will they telecast it in Bangladesh *sigh*
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:07 pm

This season is a lot more straightforward and less mysterious than the first, for sure. The acting is very strong and the cinematography is good though, True Detective is well and truly back. It's not S1 tier, but it's great.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:37 pm

Atmosphere, Direction, Photography and Actors at the  Top, about writing I await the end   ( just music was disappointing compared to other TDs but who cares indeed ).
6th episode was superb for everything I've written above
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:31 am

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with that finale, but I loved it honestly. It was a neat wrap up to the story. Perhaps too neat for a show like this. Especially loved that very last scene. Haunting and quite poignant.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:40 pm

I liked it, not disappointed at all. Great season.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:48 pm

I liked this season. It was HARD carried by the acting performances of the two leads, though. Without the stellar performances, IDK..it felt pretty safe and by the book. Hasn't left me feeling that it's an instant classic like S1 did.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:15 pm

I agree with Firenze. The acting carried the season. I thought the story was mediocre.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:41 am

I'd give 7.5 /10 to this TD3
Not better than TD1 but good

Pizzolatto Pizzolatted it tbh

Direction, photography, atmosphere, editing, actors, thematic depth at top level. Hype around 5th episodes. Story "turns off " in last 2-3 episodes.(enough) Expected final with no plot twists. Who remembers those theories written during episodes by us ? It was also for TD1. But it doesn't never happen. ( i was convinced till to the end that Sarah Montgomery was Julie Purcell but no lol )

Tbf I didn't expect the reason of the "kidnapping" was this before last episode  and of course also about the death of the brother. Or the mother to know the truth of everything...

Pizzolato gives you a realistic trama though.
And I appreciate. I don't feel the need of effect shots, you should  look for somewhere else. It is TV of almost authorial quality, with its unique style.

yes last episode was quite weak and predictable, but it closes the various stories satisfactorily.

imo it was good the resolution of the case, I mean Hays resolves him but without awareness and Julie can still be anonymous (I appreciated that detail of her daughter Lucy - name of the grandmother- at the convent, which anticipates the ending implicitly).

the last two scenes that circulate the story are strong: the two nephews who move away bikes such as Will and Julie did it, and Hays who lost himself in " the Vietnam of his memory",  where he had never really returned probably
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:19 pm

https://amp.cinemablend.com/television/2467667/true-detective-creator-answered-most-of-the-season-3-finales-biggest-questions
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:45 pm

I don't think the ending disappointed. I got what Piz was trying to do and say - fuck the conspiracy theorists and society's constant analysing into things, when sometimes bad shit just happens. And he had such a good take on how such a thing can affect people throughout the season, and that turned out to be the main focus of this season.

I would have liked Amelia's story to have been covered more in the finale though, maybe not so much something about her past, but just how she died. She was portrayed as this stoic, impenetrable woman throughout the season, and I don't know whether to think that was just a ploy character to fit into Wayne's life and character, or if it just fucked up my conventional expectations of a female character.

I liked the mirroring between Wayne and Julie, at the end of all of this, both faced memory issues - they don't even know each other, but from an eagle eye point of view, their life stories interconnected.
After everything, I kinda now believe that Wayne somewhere somehow figured out the case before 2015, he just forgot - and he only agreed to the documentarian with Eliza to help him remember. When he arrived at Julie's street it was as if a wave of something just flushed over him "making him forget again", but there also seemed to be an air of familiarity that he had to the place, the glances that he gave the surrounding environment and to Julie and little Lucy - as if he has done this visit before, maybe not just once, but multiple times before. (Also how little Lucy didn't mention that was the man dad and I ran into the convent yesterday! I think everyone knows that he solved the case, Julie knows, Henry knows, so they just act along and play along whenever he looks lost and reinvestigates... too far-fetched?) This unseeable, unconscious wave makes him forget, because he constantly needs to remember and revisit and reinvestigate this story which was such an integral part of his lifestory.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:20 pm

El Gunner wrote:I don't think the ending disappointed. I got what Piz was trying to do and say - fuck the conspiracy theorists and society's constant analysing into things, when sometimes bad shit just happens. And he had such a good take on how such a thing can affect people throughout the season, and that turned out to be the main focus of this season.

I would have liked Amelia's story to have been covered more in the finale though, maybe not so much something about her past, but just how she died. She was portrayed as this stoic, impenetrable woman throughout the season, and I don't know whether to think that was just a ploy character to fit into Wayne's life and character, or if it just fucked up my conventional expectations of a female character.

I liked the mirroring between Wayne and Julie, at the end of all of this, both faced memory issues - they don't even know each other, but from an eagle eye point of view, their life stories interconnected.
After everything, I kinda now believe that Wayne somewhere somehow figured out the case before 2015, he just forgot - and he only agreed to the documentarian with Eliza to help him remember. When he arrived at Julie's street it was as if a wave of something just flushed over him "making him forget again", but there also seemed to be an air of familiarity that he had to the place, the glances that he gave the surrounding environment and to Julie and little Lucy - as if he has done this visit before, maybe not just once, but multiple times before. (Also how little Lucy didn't mention that was the man dad and I ran into the convent yesterday! I think everyone knows that he solved the case, Julie knows, Henry knows, so they just act along and play along whenever he looks lost and reinvestigates... too far-fetched?) This unseeable, unconscious wave makes him forget, because he constantly needs to remember and revisit and reinvestigate this story which was such an integral part of his lifestory.

I agree with almost everything, especially with the statement in bold. This is what I predicted after episode 2, that Wayne actually knew something but he was too fked up to remember it properly. Like I said, I enjoyed this season and I consider it a great one. Much better than the 2nd, which was also quite good in spite of the heavy criticism it got.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:06 pm

Binged. Smile Agreed with yo all, really. Liked it.

Acting was brilliant overall. The problem for was that they tried to over-complicate certain things just for the sake of it, and sometimes felt they were trying to recreate another season 1. Al though one couldnt fault them after 2nd season for that lol. (that Cohle and Hart photo cameo Laughing ).
Although the 3 timeline thing was the highlight of the season, felt as those were way too disconnecting and confusing. Like when something important is going to go down and just like that they switch the timeline, which for me personally was annoying slightly.

Anyway as I said, its really good, overall. Not to the level of S1 obviously, but still pretty solid. And yea final episode and the way they ended I thought was brilliant, very neat and honest. They tied it up nicely. Matter of fact I liked ending of S3 more than ending of S1.
But yea criticism (and low rating) is expected.  Often we wait for these out of the box conspiracy shits and twists in a climax, that when we get a sensible, honest end to a story, sometimes, people will cry foul. I mean its sad. But that's the way it is.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:20 pm

So I finally watched it after getting HBO Now for GOT.

It was really good. Not as good as season 1 but really fucking good. I agree it was kinda carried by the acting. Ali, Dorff, and McNairy were phenomenal. Give them all the Emmys. I liked the simple ending and how it did not delve into conspiracies, cults, and bad rich people. Also it was really refreshing to have partners that are genuine friends and not at each other's throats 24/7 and have them be genuine normal complex character with some issues than being intensely fucked psychologically. Season 2 in that regard felt like the show parodying itself.

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31