The Franchise
CBarca
neuro11
barcaholic
windkick
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Not Worthy of a Thread - Barca/Non Barca discussion  Empty Not Worthy of a Thread - Barca/Non Barca discussion

Post by windkick Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:15 am

I figured we would start our own version of "Not Worthy of a thread", Cule style

Not Worthy of a Thread - Barca/Non Barca discussion  Tumblr_mr6qao0Y041rj08n9o5_500

Last edited by windkick on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Not Worthy of a Thread - Barca/Non Barca discussion  Empty Re: Not Worthy of a Thread - Barca/Non Barca discussion

Post by windkick Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:16 am

Rossel is ruining our season before it starts..

Interesting article from ESPNFC regarding our pre season

"Lionel Messi has played down increasing disquiet over Barcelona's pre-season schedule, saying: "It is what it is."

Messi has said the pre-season programme 'is what it is'.
Having made a "peace tour" to Israel and the West Bank last weekend, the Barcelona players flew to Bangkok for two days, playing a match against the Thailand national team, and then to Kuala Lumpur, where they will face a Malaysia XI on Saturday before returning to Barcelona on Sunday.

Meanwhile, players and coaches have been attending a series of events, including meeting the Thai royal family and regular press conferences, while also fitting in the daily training sessions intended to prepare for the new season.

The tightness of the schedule was highlighted on Thursday when a refuelling problem left the players' plane sitting on the runway in Bangkok for 90 minutes, affecting plans for the rest of the day.

Gerard Pique showed his frustration by tweeting from his Kuala Lumpur hotel: “Waking up from the siesta. Don't know either where you are or what time it is! Lost in translation.. #KualaLumpur”.

This followed a tweet from Wednesday which suggested that the schedule was affecting his sleep patterns.

In a sign that the club were aware of the issues, boss Gerardo Martino unexpectedly held Thursday's evening training session behind closed doors and then cancelled Friday morning's session to give his players time to either rest or go sightseeing in Kuala Lumpur.

Messi, who according to reporters present was visibly tired during Thursday's official club pre-training press conference, hinted that fitting training sessions around other non-football duties was not ideal.

“I do not know if this is the best way to prepare a pre-season or not, but it is what it is,” the Argentina captain said. "We are doing very good work. There are lots of events, lots of travel and we train when we can."

Questions have also been asked about the low standard of opposition Barcelona are facing. On Tuesday, when they strolled past the Thais 7-1, La Liga rivals Real Madrid had to work much harder to beat Chelsea 3-1 in the more testing International Champions Cup.

Messi said Barca nonetheless viewed each friendly as a serious opportunity to get their rhythm back ahead of the new season. "We are taking the games very seriously," he explained. "They give us rhythm and are good preparation."

Barca begin the new campaign at home to Levante on August 18 and play the Spanish Supercopa first leg at Atletico Madrid three days later.

Martino's preparation for these games will not be helped by next week's international friendlies, especially as his Spain contingent face two more long-haul flights as they take on Ecuador in Guayaquil on Wednesday."

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1517673/concern-hectic-barcelona-pre-season-schedule?cc=5901
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Not Worthy of a Thread - Barca/Non Barca discussion  Empty Re: Not Worthy of a Thread - Barca/Non Barca discussion

Post by windkick Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:19 am

Tello applauded by his teammates after getting the news of his first Spain NT call up

Not Worthy of a Thread - Barca/Non Barca discussion  2013-08-09_ENTRENO_MALASIA_07.v1376061747
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:31 pm

Quick question - What teams were relegated out of and promoted into la Segunda?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by barcaholic Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:43 pm

Relegated from: Guadalajara, Racing Santander, Huesca, Xerez.

Promoted to: Eibar, Real Jaén, Alavés, Tenerife
barcaholic
barcaholic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:51 pm

Basque county with two more teams.

I was hoping Gimnàstic would of worked there way back in
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:50 am

is Simeone tactically the most sound Argentine coach at the moment??? How about him taking the charge of Argentina??
Argentina had recently been suffering defensively, as they dont have gifted players to that region. Though Sabella is doing a fine job and it seems Argentina is less error prone in defense at the moment.Still wondering whether with Simeone in charge Argentina would have better chance of winning next world cup....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:20 am

Tata says hello Wink 
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:46 pm

ya, but Tata is in a Biealsa group while Sineone is completely different. Thats why i did not mention bielsa as well.. I am saying considering the present squad, probably Simeone's tactic would be more effective than tata/bielsa.....
All i am saying though based on Simeone's recent success....its ofcourse special to defeat 3 big teams in a row one of them to be Mou's in a final and other two in two big competitions with a team like Athletico madrid

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Oh I wasn't completely serious, Tata has a long way to go with Barca before I can really judge him, but he looks good. At the moment I do think Simeone is the best, although I don't know anything about Sabella to be honest.

This would be a good question for BC to answer.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:10 am

Things would get interesting if Atletico manage to get Eriksen and Alderweild

Shocked they didn't get Diego this summer tbh, he did so well when he was there. I read they plan on getting him next summer when he will be free
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:41 pm

"I've done everything individually and with the team," the former Olympique de Marseille man said.

"The goal I scored was extraordinary."

"Messi & Ronaldo scored more, but I won the treble' - Ribery

I am getting sick of all the comments from Ribery lately....How much can a guy sell to media for winning a award. he is just making him silly....
I completely agree that he deserves to win the award this time and he has better chances than both Cr and Messi. But what he is doing is classless.....constantly commenting on this for last 2 months....and no doubt His comments look more annoying to me than Cr's.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:56 pm

Eriksen to Atleti just dont feel right to me, for some reason. Just not sure he fits what they are trying to do.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Thiago is out 7 weeks btw
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:00 pm

yeah.....thats a terrible blow....he will find it difficult to get his place in such a squad after being out for so long....bad for the kid

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:45 pm

I think Thiago is VERY different to the kind of midfielders they have, add in Pep is his coach, I am sure he will find a place when he gets back.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:19 pm

‏@barcastuff

There has been another fire at Barcelona's training ground, the third one in a couple of weeks time. There are no victims. [via ara]

hmm 
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:54 pm

gondov wrote: ‏@barcastuff

There has been another fire at Barcelona's training ground, the third one in a couple of weeks time. There are no victims. [via ara]

hmm 
I knew Rosell was trying to burn the Club down, but I never thought he was doing it literally. Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:13 am

So this season we will use a yet to be released third kit? wth..

I got an email from the official website asking me if I wanted to pre-order the yet to be released third barca kit for this season

Odd considering we are already a month in the season..
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:57 am

I assumed it would be the same as last season, the black jersey.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:14 am

Btw, was that Pique and Shakira's baby or something b4 the game? So cute! Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:11 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I assumed it would be the same as last season, the black jersey.
Me too. Until I got that message

It's always the last years away kit, so it would be the tequila sunrise drink which is already very similar to this seasons away kit
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Another match on the bench fpr Gerard deulofeu. the game was tight though but considering his talent i thought he would have earned the starter by now...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:15 pm

Besides Messi's injury, today was a great day. Barca won, Bartra got to play, Arsenal won and is topping PL table, and RM lost home from Atleti after 14 years Very Happy

Almost perfect day
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:18 pm

eelir wrote:Bartra got to play,
Not only he played, but was awesome.

Bartrane :bow:
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next