RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Chumlum
Nishankly
Jay29
55 posters

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:51 pm

Sevilla midfielder Kondogbia, linked with Arsenal, is close to joining Monaco. (ESPN)"
Laughing Laughing rofl
Watch arsene wenger will put in a £10mil bid for Kondogbia, once Monaco have signed him!!

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Highburied Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:53 pm

If anyone wants to ruin his day, see this thread.

Such a sad situation we are in.

Id love to ignore Arsenal for a few years but I find it easier to divorce with my wife than Arsenal. Huh, thank God my wife keeps me happy all the time. Smile

Arsenal. Sad
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:02 pm

JGUNZ wrote:Although its quite clear that we've hit the panic button, the one thing that has not change is our valuation of players. TBH, that bid for Cabaye is insulting and shows that arsene is a joke and arsenal cannot be taken seriously. With the increase of tv revenues and so many financial opportunities surrounding the EPL, everyone is investing in their squad to strengthen their league position.  This year more than ever, not adding to the squad is just as bad as losing a key player because every team around you are looking better than you at least on paper.... I loathe spurs and it kills me to see them teaching us a lesson, they went out and spent the bale money efficiently to become a better team. This we should have done with fab, nasri money..   With the possible addition of Willian and Lamela, I don't see how we can expect to finish above them in the league this year.....
Its fair that you think that Cabaye is not the marquee signing that we were all expecting BUT I think you seriously under rate his ability.He will seamlessly slot right in. Plus, we should not be concerned who Spurs sign. I think our squad is more than capable of pulling through. We have lost one game due to series of dodgy calls and people are ready to count us out ffs. We have put in bids for the likes of Suarez and Rooney ... who says that this will not be a continuing trend? Will one "failed" summer transfer activity suggest that we will not spend our money in the upcoming transfer windows?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:04 pm

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain" Arsene Wenger.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:04 pm

Matteo Bonetti ‏@TheMilanGuy wrote:

-Arsenal might try to top Tottenham's bid for Erik Lamela. It's between those two clubs for the #Roma winger
-Erik Lamela reminds me a bit of Cristiano Ronaldo, a tall winger with exceptional dribbling, improving his finishing every season
-Psst, secret for Arsenal: If budget is a concern, go for this guy: Adem Ljajic
:wub:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:10 pm

on far less interesting news

Sevilla in English ‏@SevillaFC_en wrote:Sevilla confirm contract discussions have opened with Kondogbia and a €15m bid from an unnamed club has been rejected.
Sleep
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:12 pm

Sina wrote:on far less interesting news

Sevilla in English ‏@SevillaFC_en wrote:Sevilla confirm contract discussions have opened with Kondogbia and a €15m bid from an unnamed club has been rejected.
Sleep
I believe it was Monaco, cant be us. We start our bids with 10m.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:13 pm

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:19 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Sina wrote:on far less interesting news

Sleep
I believe it was Monaco, cant be us. We start our bids with 10m.
It was Monaco. His release clause is interesting. Apparently, Sevilla only get 30% of his fee so that the 6 mil they were talking about is really 20 mil if you count the 3rd parties.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:25 pm

sports any alternatives to Sakho?how good is Abdenour?
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:29 pm

[quote="Arsenalfaithfull"]
JGUNZ wrote:Although its quite clear that we've hit the panic button, the one thing that has not change is our valuation of players. TBH, that bid for Cabaye is insulting and shows that arsene is a joke and arsenal cannot be taken seriously. With the increase of tv revenues and so many financial opportunities surrounding the EPL, everyone is investing in their squad to strengthen their league position.  This year more than ever, not adding to the squad is just as bad as losing a key player because every team around you are looking better than you at least on paper.... I loathe spurs and it kills me to see them teaching us a lesson, they went out and spent the bale money efficiently to become a better team. This we should have done with fab, nasri money..   With the possible addition of Willian and Lamela, I don't see how we can expect to finish above them in the league this year.....
Its fair that you think that Cabaye is not the marquee signing that we we all expecting  BUT  I think you seriously  under rate his ability.He will seamlessly slot right in. Plus, we should not be concerned who Spurs sign. I think our squad is more than capable of pulling through. We have lost one game due to  series of dodgy calls and people are ready to count us out ffs. We have put in bids for the likes of Suarez and Rooney  ... who says that this will not be a continuing trend? Will one "failed" summer transfer activity suggest that we will not spend  our money in the upcoming transfer windows?[/quote

I do rate Cabaye, what I meant is that only bidding 10M for him is a joke, Villa beat us period. The ref was horrible , so what get over it. I also Delph bossing our midfield. Bro, we are not good enough... Last year we got lucky and played nobody toward the end of the season and made it by the skin of our teeth. But our record against the top six was a dismal. Wengers job is to put together a team that will challenge for the league, the CL and all domestic cups and we don't have that. I for one am tired of lowering my standards year after year.

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:31 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:
Its fair that you think that Cabaye is not the marquee signing that we we all expecting  BUT  I think you seriously  under rate his ability.He will seamlessly slot right in. Plus, we should not be concerned who Spurs sign. I think our squad is more than capable of pulling through. We have lost one game due to  series of dodgy calls and people are ready to count us out ffs. We have put in bids for the likes of Suarez and Rooney  ... who says that this will not be a continuing trend? Will one "failed" summer transfer activity suggest that we will not spend  our money in the upcoming transfer windows?[/quote

I do rate Cabaye, what I meant is that only bidding 10M for him is a joke,  Villa beat us period. The ref was horrible , so what get over it.  I also Delph bossing our midfield.  Bro, we are not good enough... Last year we got lucky and played nobody toward the end of the season and made it by the skin of our teeth. But our record against the top six was a dismal.  Wengers job is to put together a team that will challenge for the league, the CL and all domestic cups and we don't have that.  I for one am tired of lowering my standards year after year.

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:46 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Another good article from the Telegraph on Wenger. Talks about the need for Wenger to have help in the transfer market and our apparent lack of planning:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10253548/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-must-get-tough-in-the-transfer-market-or-else-admit-that-he-needs-assistance.html

Some highlights:

Wenger has earned respect. He has earned the right for discussions about his future to be conducted with intelligence not pitch-forks. He can still prepare a team well. He still represents a great club with decorum.

Clear-eyed, rather than blood-shot focus on the Wenger situation reveals that this is a manager who needs help in the transfer market. It is sad but true: the man who built the Invincibles has become a ditherer when it comes to signings, has become far too hesitant at closing a deal. He prevaricates when scouts come to him with targets. He hates overspending even if it is the only solution. If Wenger looked to bring in a new tea-lady, he would be torn over one sugar or two.

Player representatives, whether agents or lawyers, confide frustration at being kept waiting for Wenger to make a decision when they have got other clubs not only on speed-dial but on hold, seeking to conclude negotiations.

--

Rather than dithering themselves, Arsenal’s board need to address the situation, understanding first why Wenger has lost his touch in the player-recruitment business and secondly installing a proper structure for spending and seeing deals to fruition. The reasons for Wenger’s stagnation are varied. He clearly misses the nudging presence of his friend David Dein. He takes his famous perfectionism in doing background checks on potential signings to extremes, an understandable stance but ignoring the reality that other managers move more swiftly.

He has a near-pathological unwillingness to pay a few million over the odds to guarantee the player. The contrast with Spurs this summer is notable; they have moved quicker, making attractive offers to get the deals done. Etienne Capoue? Wenger looked, lingered and pondered. Andre Villas-Boas and his technical director, Franco Baldini, acted. If Wenger was more decisive he could have strengthened Arsenal at both ends and would not be travelling so nervously to Istanbul on Tuesday.

--

Take Yohan Cabaye. Why a bid this late in the window? It hints at a lack of planning, arguably a lack of real regard for the player. Do your business early. Manchester City did. And go in hard and strong. Arsenal have offered £10 million, which Newcastle United rightly deem “derisory”. Paris St-Germain are lurking. Wenger needed to act more assertively.

--

The real flaw at the heart of Arsenal is Wenger’s working relationship with the chief executive, Ivan Gazidis. Wenger was involved in the appointment of Gazidis, effectively anointing the man who would be his boss. That inevitably skews the balance of power. Gazidis is nice but not particularly tough; a bit like the team.
Wenger needs someone above him who is not in awe of him, who does not, subconsciously or otherwise, feel indebted to him for the job. Officials at the Emirates Stadium must stop tip-toeing around Wenger.

He needs to be challenged for the team’s benefit and his own benefit.

It does not need to be done aggressively. That is not the Arsenal way. But it does require Gazidis or Stan Kroenke to re-think and re-shape their whole buying strategy, appointing a football man to work in tandem with Wenger. The club missed the chance to bring Patrick Vieira in, to bring Brian Marwood in, Arsenal people now helping Manchester City.
I really couldn't care less how much help Wenger needs, to be honest; theres no point in these journalists speculating about Wenger needing help.

Wenger has so much weight at Arsenal that if he did in fact need help, he could probably demand that Dein be reinstated in a non-executive capacity. Or, he could simply say to Gazidis that he would like he, himself, to go out and compile a list of Sporting or Football Director. It's not hard.

With Wenger's £6m contract or how ever much it is, he should take a pay cut of £2.5m and redirect that sh!t to the aforementioned Director. He made his bed, now sleep in it.

Last edited by SUPERCARTTS on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:35 pm

I need to see pic of Dick Law to know he is a real person and not fictional company figurehead like Ronnie McDonald.Mad Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:58 pm

But there are pictures of Ronald McDonald, so Dick Law must be even more fictional than him hmm.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:05 pm

no doubt that he is really sleeping and taking his wages.. Clubber 
(if ever he exists) Razz
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:10 pm

What you guys make of this? got it from a another site.

”Heard last night before I went to sleep that Jack maybe disciplined by the club after becoming vocal towards Wenger Not sure what has taken place or what lead up to it, But I’m told Jack had stern words with Wenger in training ground changing rooms and that also some wrote Wenger out on a white board” apparently a guy called darren mckenzie said this

I know its sounds bullshit and Jack loves Wenger but if there is one player who would stand up for Arsenal is Jack.

I know the Wenger out part is a joke. 99% its fake i know.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:46 pm

I find Green Day's Wake Me Up eerily appropriate right now, with a few changes:

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
wake me up when Mercato ends

like my father's come to pass
Eight years have gone so fast

here comes the rain again
falling from the stars
drenched in my pain again
becoming who we are

as my memory rests
but never forgets how much we lost

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Meanwhile, the frakkin spurs sell bale and buy:

- Soldado
- Chadli
- Capoue
- Paulinho
- Coentrao
- Wilian
- Lamela

When it's all said and done, Spurs just passed Arsenal easily in terms of talent.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:16 pm

sportsczy wrote:Meanwhile, the frakkin spurs sell bale and buy:

-  Soldado
-  Chadli
-  Capoue
-  Paulinho
-  Coentrao
-  Wilian
-  Lamela

When it's all said and done, Spurs just passed Arsenal easily in terms of talent.

Because they have ambitions, since we sold Ashley Cole, we've been downgrading to younger cheaper alternatives. I seriously hope after we crash out of CL and get slaughtered by spuds, it will be the end of the Wenger era. Spurs went out and hired Baldini, a proper football director with great reputation and network all around and we are stuck with this dictator.

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:22 pm

As long as stan kroenke and ivan gazidis are at Arsenal, we will not show any ambition. Weneger has lost his mind and there no going back there.
New manager may change few things but we will never show that kind of ambition.

I will never wish we crash out any competition, we cant not bring our self to the Board members level.

I know once Wenger leaves, Satan will have enouph profit to leave also. The new Owner will fire Donkey Gazidis right away.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:43 pm

Radio Marca Valencia report that Arsenal and Valencia met this afternoon and couldn't reach an agreement for Guaita. Valencia said they'll only let him if his release clause is activated, which is believed to be 30mil euros.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:49 pm

Good, now sign J. Cesar pls.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:52 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Liverpool sign Julio Cesar on a 2 year deal
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:53 pm

I were just thinking about how optimistic people were here, "it will be different this time" Laughing  so far this has without doubt been wengers worst transfer window since he's been here
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:46 pm

@bbcsport_david: Spoken to reps of PSG CB Sakho - say Barca, Milan, Arsenal & Tottenham have contacted to express interest. €12m fee, €6m salary #bbcfootball

Do it, Wenger.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next