What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14?

+27
Nivash
Crimson
halamadrid2
hrealmadrid
Khaled
The Sanchez
Le Samourai
Zealous
Ruud Gullit
Realmadridchris1
free_cat
Red Alert
Valkyrja
Grooverider
lszanto
Clandestino
ExtremistEnigma
Uncanny
Lupi
McAgger
LeVersacci
juventus101
jibers
Onyx
sportsczy
djfawnz
BarcaLearning
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14? - Page 3 Empty Re: What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14?

Post by hrealmadrid Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:24 pm

Carvajal hasn't looked too sharp in the preseason. Sad thing is that he's still better than Arbeloa.

hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14? - Page 3 Empty Re: What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14?

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:45 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:Carvajal hasn't looked too sharp in the preseason. Sad thing is that he's still better than Arbeloa.

defensively he hasn't let anyone past in any of the games. offensively he has gotten himself into great positions but his passes have been rather poor honestly. With time this will improve. it was the same in his first couple of games with leverkusen. nothing to worry about imo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:50 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:Carvajal hasn't looked too sharp in the preseason. Sad thing is that he's still better than Arbeloa.

Tell that to Ibra lmao
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Biggest question for me is whether Diego Lopez starts or Casillas... as much as i love Iker, Lopez has done nothing to lose his job and Iker has been on an extended vacation. In a perfect world, you'd want Iker to show that he's better in the preseason so that there's no controversy.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:Biggest question for me is whether Diego Lopez starts or Casillas... as much as i love Iker, Lopez has done nothing to lose his job and Iker has been on an extended vacation. In a perfect world, you'd want Iker to show that he's better in the preseason so that there's no controversy.

I agree

Lopez has looked really good this preseason. He hasn't done anything to deserve to be benched

Also I love how ikers former agent said ikers "substitute" has done really good rofl as it stands now iker is the substitute not Lopez
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:54 pm

Personally, Lopez doesn't appeal to me. Granted I haven't been able to watch Madrid as much as I would like to, but in the few games I have seen, Lopez has been at fault for a lot of what we had conceded, or when he's distributed the ball, he always chose the wrong option. The only thing he has on Iker is height, apart from that, Lopez is lightyears behind Iker.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:42 am

Crimson wrote:

Tell that to Ibra lmao

I thought he had a great game vs PSG, but has been average apart from that. I haven't watched him play much in Germany but have read lots of positive things and am hoping he will make the RB spot his own as we move forward.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:38 pm

Iker in goal against Everton = Every set piece for Everton is a super dangerous attack lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:32 pm

But Diego conceded a goal Razz . I feel we could play Diego in Copa games and even in some league games just to make Iker work hard. Truth is, he don't take them seriously anymore. Come winning time I want Iker.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Zealous wrote:Iker in goal against Everton = Every set piece for Everton is a super dangerous attack lol

Its not like Diego claimed any of the corners either..he shouldve saved that goal btw..showed poor reflex.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:16 pm

Where will bale fit? on the ML in 4-2-3-1?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:35 pm

Le Samourai wrote:But Diego conceded a goal Razz . I feel we could play Diego in Copa games and even in some league games just to make Iker work hard. Truth is, he don't take them seriously anymore. Come winning time I want Iker.

Yeah I agree with you.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:40 pm

Come winning time I want the keeper that's in top form. Not the one with the more recognizable name.

Whether it be Casillas or Lopez. And if we're to be fair and ease Casillas back in as starting keeper, he should be the one playing cup games.

Especially after the performances Lopez put out last season.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:55 pm

When we playing Levante and the likes, whomever can keep. It ain't really matter lol.

We differ there, come winning time I want winners, Cesar Sanchez and Diego are good, but the type of things I seen Iker do when it matters most, things that no other keeper in history have done, I value those things.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:00 pm

Meh, I value current form than (legendary) past form for goal keepers. On current form, Lopez is the man though Iker should get it back by November...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:08 pm

Everyone knows Casillas is a GOAT. But past merits shouldn't influence the current situation.

If that were the case, Ronaldinho would still be playing at a top club in Europe and starting for Brazil. But because he's done amazing things in past doesn't make a difference. Same with Kaka for example.

Now given, it's not like Iker is all of a sudden bad. But he's lost his starting spot and needs to get it back (which I'm sure he will)
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3