The Nature Boy
rwo power
Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
McAgger
201 posters

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Go down

Introduce yourself to the community - Topic 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce yourself to the community - Topic 2

Post by Suarez99 Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:03 pm

welcome (back)! always glad to see another liverpool fan, especially during such trying times. especially with such a name :bow:

I'm actually more of a fanatic now more than ever, there is something more special about supporting the team when its not going well because there are no annoying bandwagon jumpers now. Only the proper fans left!

Suarez99
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself to the community - Topic 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce yourself to the community - Topic 2

Post by TheRedStag Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:15 pm

Suarez99 wrote:Hi guys i'm new to this forum.

I did post on the old goal forum until it quit, cant remember my username!

Anyway, at that time EPL sides were pretty dominate and the trolling going on was fcuking hilarious and there were some wonderfully intelligent posters.

I hope it is all still as good as ever.

I watch EPL, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga but take an interest in all football tbh. And being from Ireland where it is EPL obsessed (or GAA) it will be good to talk about something other than Rooney or Suarez

Liverpool fan, and Irish..... Heart Proud
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Wytefang Sat May 11, 2013 4:57 am

Newcomer to the site. Have played the beautiful game my entire life, practically (since discovering it here in the USA back in 1974/75 at age 7). Huge fan of everything about the sport. Love watching the World Cup (I watch nearly every match and have been watching it since 1986). Also a huge, huge fan of our US Men's National team's progress on the world stage. Smile

Haven't really ever settled or picked a foreign-based (or even MLS-based) footie team - not really sure why. If my home state of Minnesota ever acquires a MLS franchise, then I'd become a huge fan of them, I imagine. I do follow Tottenham a bit since I'm a big Clint Dempsey fan, though. I'm also fond of Everton because they were cool to Donovan. Finally, I can't much stand any of the big EPL clubes (ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal, or Liverpool) because it's like rooting for the NY Yankees (they're always in or near the top which I find a bit boring after a while).

I'm much more interested in discussing the actual playing of the sport at my local amateur level since I still play the world's best sport at my age, even. I played briefly in England (semi-pro level, one of the lower divisions back in the day, when I was stationed in Cornwall for the US Navy down in Newquay) and have reached a fairly high level of skill over my years of playing (I'd like to think). I play forward/striker only. I live to score goals - it's honestly all I love to do. I enjoy outdoors the most but I also love Indoor Soccer (US style - with the boards and full-size hockey field and artificial turf, all that stuff).

I'm ancient (in soccer terms) at 44 years old (almost 45 in a couple of months here). But I recently started a killer workout/weight-loss regimen and have since lost 30 lbs and am continuing to lose weight towards my target goal of 185. I'm feeling great right now other than some niggling injuries and I'm excited about playing again soon (I'm training for a big fall tournament back home in Minnesota - right now I'm stuck down in Tampa, Florida for my job though with no teams to play for at the moment).

I look forward to interacting with you all as I've heard good things about this site.

Wytefang
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 11, 2013 5:03 am

I'm American hmm

I follow Tottenham hmm

I love Clint Dempsey hmm

I live in Wisconsin, right next to Minnesota, and my dad lives in Minnesota hmm

I've heard good things about this site hmm

Welcome dude! Hopefully check out the Tottenham section and discuss some stuff with us. We could use more Spurs followers around here Very Happy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Wytefang Sat May 11, 2013 5:49 am

Well I should clarify that I'm not really a huge Spurs follower but I do want them and especially Clint, to do well. Smile I'm mostly keen on talking football tactics and stuff related to actual games and performance in those games. Smile

Wytefang
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 11, 2013 5:56 am

Oh I understand that, but I'm just advertising for a Spurs section that could use some blood and life other than just...moto and I Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Wytefang Sat May 11, 2013 11:27 am

Ah, okay! I'll try to get better versed in the team so that I can come in and add to the discussion. Smile Thank you for the welcome, again!

Wytefang
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 11, 2013 11:32 am

Calling all MODs, calling all MODs! CBarca has multi-accounts Razz
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 11, 2013 11:34 am

Welcome Wytefang. Good to have 'Murican in the forum Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 11, 2013 11:36 am

Moonie wrote:Hi, I'm the Moon Man and I come from the Land Down Under. I'm new to Football but that's okay, I can learn from the veterans here right?

Anyway, at that time EPL sides were pretty dominate and the trolling going on was fcuking hilarious and there were some wonderfully intelligent posters.

I watch EPL, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga but take an interest in all football tbh. And being from Ireland where it is EPL obsessed (or GAA) it will be good to talk about something other than Rooney or Suarez

Welcome both of you. Great to have more LFC fanatics. We've got one of the best sections in the forum with the best people Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 11, 2013 11:44 am

^^^He's lying

Arsenal section :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat May 11, 2013 11:52 am

El Gunner wrote:^^^He's lying

Milan section :bow:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat May 11, 2013 3:25 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:

Dortmund and Reggina fans agree, Milan section is the best.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat May 11, 2013 3:30 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Moonie wrote:Hi, I'm the Moon Man and I come from the Land Down Under. I'm new to Football but that's okay, I can learn from the veterans here right?

Welcome both of you. Great to have more LFC fanatics. We've got the second best section on the forum since Juve has the best one with the best people Proud
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat May 11, 2013 3:31 pm

Forza wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:

No
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat May 11, 2013 4:04 pm

juveman17 wrote:
Forza wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:

No
Reggina just won again j-man!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat May 11, 2013 4:44 pm

Forza wrote:
juveman17 wrote:
Forza wrote:

No
Reggina just won again j-man!
Dat Di Michele freekick Proud
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Moi100 Mon May 20, 2013 1:46 am

Hey guys.
Decided to make an account... Even though I've been coming to this website for a few months now just to read some of the things you guys have to say and the transfer rumor threads you have are pretty good. :coffee:

Hmmm, about me... I'm a big Bayern fan, they've been my favorite team since, well forever really. And I'm from Chicago. Can't really think of anything else to say. Look forward to actually posting here and what not.
Moi100
Moi100
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 20, 2013 1:49 am

Welcome to the forum Smile
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon May 20, 2013 1:50 am

its the end of the season and now you decide to join? lol well welcome to the forum haha
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon May 20, 2013 2:23 am

Well, it is just in time for the CL final and DFB Pokal final, so why not?

Welcome to the forum!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon May 20, 2013 9:52 am

Moi100 wrote:Hey guys.
Decided to make an account... Even though I've been coming to this website for a few months now just to read some of the things you guys have to say and the transfer rumor threads you have are pretty good. :coffee:

Hmmm, about me... I'm a big Bayern fan, they've been my favorite team since, well forever really. And I'm from Chicago. Can't really think of anything else to say. Look forward to actually posting here and what not.

Welcome, while there are not many Bayern fans here, they're a good bunch. Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by 6960000 Tue May 21, 2013 6:45 am

Hello, new here. I'm a glory-hunter, no club loyalty. pale But I do watch most of the clubs out there. Looking forward to the CL final next week!
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue May 21, 2013 7:41 am

Welcome GL! And rofl for introducing yourself as "glory hunter". What about starting out just as "neutral observer"?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by 6960000 Tue May 21, 2013 8:07 am

rwo power wrote:Welcome GL! And rofl for introducing yourself as "glory hunter". What about starting out just as "neutral observer"?

Thank you, rwo power. Very Happy I'm definitely an observer, but never neutral. Always banana and enthusiastic.
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue May 21, 2013 8:11 am

Well, enthusiasm is of course great! I hope Dortmund and Bayern will not disappoint in the CL final, but then, these teams rarely disappoint (only Dortmund on Saturday when they could have sent Hoffenheim to the 2nd division and miserably failed to do so...)

(And I just noticed I missed a "to" in "Welcome to GL". Sigh. Me and my typos)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next