McAgger
Fahim89
Helmer
iftikhar
Nishankly
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Preseason Match #2 | Indonesia XI vs Liverpool FC | 20th July | - Page 3 Empty Re: Preseason Match #2 | Indonesia XI vs Liverpool FC | 20th July |

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Just to clear it up, my previous comments on friendlies were a joke and satire to RAWK. If anything, losing would do us good.

I'm with you Art, but friendlies are an exciting measure of how players can be integrated within our squad, along with their subsequent abilities.

I do wish like the Italians or mid-table English clubs, that we'd face-off v relevant teams as these Asian tour spiels are very boring.
Of course it was. I never took as anything different (hence the smiley). However, we've all seen the LFC supporters whose views reflect your comments, but subtract the satire.

I enjoy friendlies to the extent that I get a good look at a mix of youth, new players, and the established squad. In situations like we are (new manager last year, and several squad additions this season), firendlies are a great way to get a feel for those players you don't know yet and see how they will fit within the squad. Of course, it's not the be-all end-all of tactical analysis, but it temporarily satisfies those of us who are jonesing for a football fix.

Moreover, friendlies and tours like this one are a huge boon to the clubs financial and commercial interests. Did you see the support in Jakarta?! These supporters came out in droves to see the Reds. From the romantic point of view, this tour gives them the opportunity to see their heroes and replicate the atmosphere and experience most of them have only dreamed of. The more cynical view states that it's a market starved of attention, just waiting for a reason to pour money into the coffers. Either way, it's a great idea for the club to explore these markets.

Nishank wrote:The Reds team in full is: Mignolet, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Toure, Lucas, Gerrard, Alberto, Downing, Coutinho, Aspas.

Subs: Jones, Assaidi, Henderson, Spearing, Allen, Borini, Sterling, Kelly, Skrtel, Flanagan, Wisdom, Robinson, Ibe.

Strong team.
Hmm... that starting lineup seems darned close to our best available squad.

I wonder if it will be:
Aspas
Cou------------Downing
Alberto
Lucas--Gerrard
Enrique------------Johnson
Agger Toure
Mignolet
or
Aspas
Alberto--Cou--Downing
Lucas--Gerrard
Enrique------------Johnson
Agger---Toure
Mignolet

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Preseason Match #2 | Indonesia XI vs Liverpool FC | 20th July | - Page 3 Empty Re: Preseason Match #2 | Indonesia XI vs Liverpool FC | 20th July |

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:06 pm

Okay, I'm permanently banned on RAWK so if someone could provide a stream, that would be great. :X
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:30 pm

GTFI STARTED
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:40 pm

COUTINHO GOAL
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:02 pm

MIGNOLET what a save :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:13 pm

YOu can't possibly tell me Downing is our best corner taker. Delivery has been atrocious.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:18 pm

Coutinho has scored in 3 LFC games in a row now.

QPR, Preston, and now Indonesia.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:22 pm

Glad we came here, Players cant handle the temperature with humidity. Great fitness enhancing game. Next 11 please.

Pitch is horrible, Would have expected it to be better tbh.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:28 pm

Get Borini, Ibe and Sterling in there. I feel their energy and speed will cause some havoc.

Would like to see Skrtel-Agger paratnership. And also Allen-Lucas in the middle. Hendo as the AM.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:29 pm

Parrotnership, Swagger :bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:29 pm

btw Forgot to mention but Alberto hit a beatiful shot that hit the bar.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:30 pm

Nishank wrote:Parrotnership, Swagger :bow:

Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:35 pm

hahah Poor commentator can't say Ivanovic's name. Tried it like a times and then he just gave up Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:38 pm

AGGER WITH THE ARMBAND WITH GERRARD GOING OFF cheers

And yes Lucas is still on the pitch. So Dagger is preferred to Lucas Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:47 pm

MY WORD that is an awful miss by Aspas. It took a bubble but still that was pretty bad Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:50 pm

ooooooo Coutinho just misses. Good break
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:51 pm

oooooo first time I've seen Robinson shoot. Not a bad shot
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:04 pm

STERLING HITS THE BAR
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:13 pm

RAHEEM what a waste of a chance. Should've squared it to Borini
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:19 pm

RAHEEEEM 2-0

IBE CREATED THAT :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:25 pm

FT 2-0
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:32 pm

Ibe and Sterling, Wow. Two great players in the making. Sterling needs to keep his head up though or else he'll become another Lennon.

Nothing more to say from this game, It left something to be desired but its pre season. Next match will be more challenging. Good to keep another clean sheet with no defensive errors.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:35 pm

Agree with most that's said, i think the conditions and the thrashing by arsenal played a big part as to why the scoreline was only 2-0. It's just pre-season game so can't take it to serious. Looks like our streak of hiting the post from the year before might start again haha, 2 crackers hitting the top bar today.

In other good news only 3 more sleeps till i'm in the aussie kop belting a YNWA.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:20 pm

For this game above all i would like to really appreciate the Indonesian fans the atmosphere was outrageous. Just proved again & again that we are . . . LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB. YNWA :bow: :bow: 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:29 am

Fahim89 wrote:For this game above all i would like to really appreciate the Indonesian fans the atmosphere was outrageous. Just proved again & again that we are . . . LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB. YNWA :bow: :bow: 
seriously they were fantastic, honestly saying sometimes felt like even more than anfield.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:34 am

Guys I am thinking, wisdom is really becoming solid n solid, i remember him at least winning 5 aerial duels today and he played good. I am not sure about the defender situation in next season, but we can keep him. I know its too early, so i wish to see how he does in the next few games.
Toure showed the experience today, with his proper positioning and overall defending.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next