neuro11
MaraVilla
55 posters

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:16 am

AS claiming Gerardo Martino is the man tapped up for the job

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/07/20/primera/1374279360_618771.html?id_externo_promo=canchallena-dsp-as

It cites Rosell saying "No doctor has told us Tito can't coach" a mere 3 days ago, which goes to prove that we probably. are not going to present someone with an existing contract.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:38 am

Me too not expecting some big names.....But Gerardo still seems big one. He has a very nice career with Newells and experience with Paraguay National team and was selected the best South American Coach once while probably Bielsa was also there with Chile

Last edited by neuro11 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:39 am

alexjanosik wrote:CB
Any chance of getting AVB if we tried?

Doubtful.

AVB is a very ambitious manager so there is always a chance. But for me the chance is slim. Reason being is that AVB is finally getting the support he wanted when he first joined the club. When he first joined he was a controversial figure known for a torrid time at Chelsea and many thought he would fail. On top of that he never got the proper support in the transfer market he wanted, with Levy waiting until the last day to make many deals happen, and the players he publicly wanted were never brought in but rather worse players for better fees (see: Dembele instead of Moutinho) on deadline day.

Fast forward a year, Tottenham loves him, Tottenham fans love him, he got the DoF he wanted (Baldini) since day one of his appointment. The club is willing to spend money to get the players he wants (Paulinho, a record signing and a lot of effort to bring in our own David Villa). He is settled into Tottenham and more than anything he is absolutely motivated not only to succeed in the EPL with Tottenham but he seems committed to a project and he has the full backing of everybody at Tottenham.

For me the thing that I think keeps him away from Barca is his stay with Chelsea. AVB had a surprisingly fast rise in football, first saving a Portuguese team from relegation, moving after just one year, then managing a nearly "unbeatable" team in Porto for a year. It only took a year though, and then he moved to Chelsea where he did not see out a year. He's been a one year man for a while and after his time at Chelsea he spoke of a lot that he's learned. You could see it in him, too.

AVB has learned a lot and I think something he's learned is that he cant keep being a one year man. This is evident in the interest shown this summer from PSG. PSG desperately tried to get AVB and as I recall, met the buyout clause, but AVB said no. I believe for 2 reasons: He has only spent a year at Tottenham and he would only get a year at PSG (one thing they were certain about as they want Wenger next year).

Who's to say that if we bought out his contract he wouldn't do the same to us? The only advantage here over PSG is that we aren't looking to recruit him for just a year. THAT is the reason why I say there is always a chance.

But right now I don't see it. AVB is settled, he loves the club and the club loves him and after finishing fifth last season there is no doubt in my mind that AVB wants to do much better next year. He wants to challenge for the EPL and at least make top 4. He's got the backing that he wanted last year and the club is looking to do whatever they can to help him succeed.

I personally believe the answer is simply that AVB is settled at Tottenham and has no reason to leave at this point in time, and that that's the way he'll choose to go. What I believe is he'll stay with Tottenham at this point and he'll do well and probably move next year. But this year I don't see it. There is always a slim chance though.

There is one way he will move for sure though. If Tottenham sell Bale, and Barca come calling, I think Andre Villas Boas will leave.

As for if I want him and if I think he will be a success here...yes and yes. AVB is one of the astounding managers of today. He has unlimited potential as far as I'm concerned. I hope Barcelona at least try to get him.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:42 am

The Franchise wrote:I wasnt really over tossing Abidal out like used garbage despite him still being very much useful I feel when we sold Villa...the selling Villa part I understand..but we sold him to a team who could cause us problems and take points from us..and we did that at a discount price...how could we be so stupid?

Oh, and let's not forget that the discount price is significant...Tottenham were willing to spend 8.6-10 million pounds to bring him in. Just about double what we sold him for. Not only that but he would go to a team we won't see.

The Franchise wrote:However, all in all, I came to the conclusion that the window doesnt even matter so much...no matter who we sign or dont sign, sell or dont sell..if we dont fix ourselves on a tactical level we are going nowhere fast. I was looking forward to seeing if Tito was up for recognising our flaws and making the needed adjustments..I guess that will not happen now, but whoever comes in will be in that same position.

Absolutely completely agree with everything said here.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:29 am

This is looking bleak, im a bit depressed :facepalm: 

We should do all we can to go out and actually get those top maangers who r under contract or so if u know what I mean, like how Real went to get Ancelotti from PGS.... Barca need a top manager.... if we promote Roura I would be distraught.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by kabarca Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:10 am

neuro11 wrote:
kabarca wrote:
Donuts wrote:Cruyff is old an senile.
I have a feeling we're going to get the Chin Roura.
we also hired a head coach from liga adalante? I Forget his name.. he was meant to serve as a second assistant for Tito in the upcoming season.
So i see Roura in charge with that guy as assistant.

Cruyff is impossible for sooo many reasons,the coach we hired is Rubi he was Girona's manager he led them to their best ever seson last season if anyone from the current staff is going to take the job its him,although I really want De boer,Laudrup or AVB even though all of those are comitted to cubs and it is almost impossible for them to leave. If we hire Roura I am boycutting next season and will not watch a singe barca game.

You want De Boer?? The guy even does not have confidence that neymar and messi can work together as he mentioned in the press recently...

He said that??...Im surprised. Anyway now that I think of it I really really want Jupp,he would be perfect he has experience in La Liga,he is successful in the champons league and I think tactically he will improve the team a lot.
kabarca
kabarca
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Barcelona have chosen Celta coach and former Barcelona player Luis Enrique (43) as successor of Vilanova. He has a 3M buyout fee. [tv3]
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Hopefully not. Luis Enrique's Roma didn't impress me at all, even after an entire season he could not get his players to start pressing, and in spite of having the backing of the players and board he quit on them because the fans didn't support him. Seems to me that if he could not cope with the pressure of being a Roma coach being a Barca coach will be much harder for him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:01 pm

The Franchise wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:Welcome back dani.
Your thoughts on our transfer window so far?

TY.

A train wreck, so many things to complain about.

I wasnt really over tossing Abidal out like used garbage despite him still being very much useful I feel when we sold Villa...the selling Villa part I understand..but we sold him to a team who could cause us problems and take points from us..and we did that at a discount price...how could we be so stupid?

I dont even want to speak about Thiago....I am still going through the five stages of grief, im just onto acceptance I guess.

Our lack of defender is still annoying me but I do believe we will sign someone. I was worried we would sign some kid (like Marquinhos) only for Tito to bench him for Mascherano and we end up with the same problems as the kid never gets comfortable and fails. That seems like it wont happen but depending on who we sign I could still get upset about that.

Add some smaller things I dont think I like, I wouldnt of loaned Deulofeu...I think he is about ready for a role in the squad. Indeed, if we wasnt going to be given it then a loan is better..but I think he should be in...same I would apply to Bartra, who I fear may go the same way. I also think we shouldnt of sat still with Valdes..though im not surprised we have. Similarly leftback....and even less expected but still a wish of course is Cesc.

Im good with Neymar, there was 1-2 other options I maybe would of been equally happy about but I do count myself as one of the believers in his talent at the very least. But what I feel is important is what we actually plan on doing with him and what sort of tactical limitations and freedom he will be allowed.

However, all in all, I came to the conclusion that the window doesnt even matter so much...no matter who we sign or dont sign, sell or dont sell..if we dont fix ourselves on a tactical level we are going nowhere fast. I was looking forward to seeing if Tito was up for recognising our flaws and making the needed adjustments..I guess that will not happen now, but whoever comes in will be in that same position.

But the window itself...im very down on to say the least.

I agree we shouldn't have loaned Deulofeu.He seems an elite talent and we should have given him a role this season.Should have sold one of Pedro or Alexis and let Deulofeu fight it out with the remaining player.
One has to keep in mind that both Alexis/Pedro would be playing on the right and neither have impressed thr. Alexis has impressed but it has mostly been on the right or center. The kid couldn't have been worse than them.

On Cesc,assuming we sell him,who do you want as a replacement?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:11 pm

danyjr wrote:PSG sign Marquinhos for €35 million.

Can't see any team competing for players with these nouveau riche *bleep*.

PSG is annoying me. Won't give us Thiago Silva. Took Marquinhos, one of our main targets. If all that was not enough they are rumored to be chasing Dani Alves.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:19 pm

The Franchise wrote:We should sell Cesc. Irrelevant of Thiago leaving, that shouldnt impact anything.

The question should be is Cesc the guy we want? For me, clearly not.

The guy is not a midfielder for us, he isnt that guy.

Ship his ass out and we would be forced into signing an actual midfielder (something we somehow need all of a sudden)....not Sergi Roberto who is a decent talent but little more I fear and that fraud Cesc.

dani, my argument here is your saying we would be forced to sign a midfielder. Does this board ever seem like it has been forced? Any other board in ours place would have bought a CB one or maybe even two summers ago. Yet we haven't bought one to date and its possible will end the summer without buying one. If we get into the same situation for a midfielder then our troubles would be reaching exponential levels. Since no one in the world has the power to go to the past and change it I say we keep Cesc at least for one season and this summer concentrate only on signing a decent CB somehow. Every other decision should be deferred to the future since we are in too much trouble right now. In fact we even need to hire a coach. So just let things be as far as possible.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:22 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
danyjr wrote:PSG sign Marquinhos for €35 million.

Can't see any team competing for players with these nouveau riche *bleep*.

PSG is annoying me. Won't give us Thiago Silva. Took Marquinhos, one of our main targets. If all that was not enough they are rumored to be chasing Dani Alves.

Very Happy

Why would they just give you Thiago Silva? He's one of the best defenders around, under contract and they don't need to sell.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:31 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:Welcome back dani.
Your thoughts on our transfer window so far?

TY.

A train wreck, so many things to complain about.

I wasnt really over tossing Abidal out like used garbage despite him still being very much useful I feel when we sold Villa...the selling Villa part I understand..but we sold him to a team who could cause us problems and take points from us..and we did that at a discount price...how could we be so stupid?

I dont even want to speak about Thiago....I am still going through the five stages of grief, im just onto acceptance I guess.

Our lack of defender is still annoying me but I do believe we will sign someone. I was worried we would sign some kid (like Marquinhos) only for Tito to bench him for Mascherano and we end up with the same problems as the kid never gets comfortable and fails. That seems like it wont happen but depending on who we sign I could still get upset about that.

Add some smaller things I dont think I like, I wouldnt of loaned Deulofeu...I think he is about ready for a role in the squad. Indeed, if we wasnt going to be given it then a loan is better..but I think he should be in...same I would apply to Bartra, who I fear may go the same way. I also think we shouldnt of sat still with Valdes..though im not surprised we have. Similarly leftback....and even less expected but still a wish of course is Cesc.

Im good with Neymar, there was 1-2 other options I maybe would of been equally happy about but I do count myself as one of the believers in his talent at the very least. But what I feel is important is what we actually plan on doing with him and what sort of tactical limitations and freedom he will be allowed.

However, all in all, I came to the conclusion that the window doesnt even matter so much...no matter who we sign or dont sign, sell or dont sell..if we dont fix ourselves on a tactical level we are going nowhere fast. I was looking forward to seeing if Tito was up for recognising our flaws and making the needed adjustments..I guess that will not happen now, but whoever comes in will be in that same position.

But the window itself...im very down on to say the least.

I agree we shouldn't have loaned Deulofeu.He seems an elite talent and we should have given him a role this season.Should have sold one of Pedro or Alexis and let Deulofeu fight it out with the remaining player.
One has to keep in mind that both Alexis/Pedro would be playing on the right and neither have impressed thr. Alexis has impressed but it has mostly been on the right or center. The kid couldn't have been worse than them.

On Cesc,assuming we sell him,who do you want as a replacement?

Agree. I think Deulofeu will get time at Everton so im not so upset, but I dont understand loaning a player like him unless you simply have too much talent in the way. And I dont know who watching Barca last season would of come to the conclusion we have too much talent on the right side of attack.

And a replacement for Cesc....I would have said a dynamic, athletic midfielder presser...but without Thiago, our midfield would be (and is) devoid of someone who stays in midfield and connects. So, it would have to be someone with the requiste ball skills, be it Kroos, Gundogan, Ever Banaga or someone of that kind. In that situation, hopefully Sergi Roberto could be the more dynamic presser...a role in which I have a sense he is best suited to.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:00 pm

Dani ffs check ur inbox!
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:04 pm

Im thinking at this point we are going to end up with Sakho. No other real option we can possibly get at this point left on the market.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:14 pm

windkick wrote:Im thinking at this point we are going to end up with Sakho. No other real option we can possibly get at this point left on the market.

There's loads of options. You're panicking because all Barca's deals weren't done within one week of the window opening and the sense of dismay is further compounded by Tito's resignation.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:41 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Hopefully not. Luis Enrique's Roma didn't impress me at all, even after an entire season he could not get his players to start pressing, and in spite of having the backing of the players and board he quit on them because the fans didn't support him. Seems to me that if he could not cope with the pressure of being a Roma coach being a Barca coach will be much harder for him.

True dat. Needs a couple of seasons at top flight before he can be deemed worthy of taking over a world class club.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:50 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:We should sell Cesc. Irrelevant of Thiago leaving, that shouldnt impact anything.

The question should be is Cesc the guy we want? For me, clearly not.

The guy is not a midfielder for us, he isnt that guy.

Ship his ass out and we would be forced into signing an actual midfielder (something we somehow need all of a sudden)....not Sergi Roberto who is a decent talent but little more I fear and that fraud Cesc.

dani, my argument here is your saying we would be forced to sign a midfielder. Does this board ever seem like it has been forced? Any other board in ours place would have bought a CB one or maybe even two summers ago. Yet we haven't bought one to date and its possible will end the summer without buying one. If we get into the same situation for a midfielder then our troubles would be reaching exponential levels. Since no one in the world has the power to go to the past and change it I say we keep Cesc at least for one season and this summer concentrate only on signing a decent CB somehow. Every other decision should be deferred to the future since we are in too much trouble right now. In fact we even need to hire a coach. So just let things be as far as possible.

True JD. But it wouldnt be by force so much as it would be no other option. Song, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Sergi Roberto and JDS just wont get it done.

The centerback situation is different in that numerically the players are there and have a reputation..guys like Mascherano at CB, while every bit as inept (more so) than JDS would be in midfield at least have their names to cover their inept skills.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:54 pm

danyjr wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Hopefully not. Luis Enrique's Roma didn't impress me at all, even after an entire season he could not get his players to start pressing, and in spite of having the backing of the players and board he quit on them because the fans didn't support him. Seems to me that if he could not cope with the pressure of being a Roma coach being a Barca coach will be much harder for him.

True dat. Needs a couple of seasons at top flight before he can be deemed worthy of taking over a world class club.
Yeah, he only has 1 season more experience at top flight than Pep and Tito had.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:31 pm

Luis Enrique Roma was fine. That team sucked and he managed a better position that his successors.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:19 pm

free_cat wrote:Luis Enrique Roma was fine. That team sucked and he managed a better position that his successors.

Erm, no he didn't. He finished 7th, it was Roma's worst season since the utter fiasco that was 2004/05.

He flopped, there's no doubt about that at all.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:34 am

Not really. His Roma seemed to have possession for the sake of possession, looked lost about what to do with it or how to defend using it. His team was no worse than many pf the teams that finished on top of him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:37 am

Barcelona prepare a 14.5M bid for Liverpool centre back Daniel Agger (28). Liverpool plan to reject the offer for the Danish defender. [sun]
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:38 am

Is it true that PSG wants Varane? They offered 40M?

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:10 am

Idk PSG seem to love defenders as of late.
also they threatened to buy messi if we buy TS xD
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:20 am

Probably have to pay more than 14 mil for Agger. Need to spend at least 25 mil to get them interested...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next