Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
rwo power
Sina
urbaNRoots
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - Borussia Dortmund #17 - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - Borussia Dortmund #17

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:10 pm

Bolt is in the pack in the first 20 meters or so... he only gets into top speed once his long strides get going. Takes a little bit to get there since he's so tall.

The shorter runners typically start the quickest because they can get their legs pumping sooner.

Carl Lewis was very much like Bolt. Very similar.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - Borussia Dortmund #17 - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - Borussia Dortmund #17

Post by julias Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:40 pm

free_cat wrote:
MaestroFavre wrote:
julias wrote:How can his acceleration be average when he normally starts worse that most of the rest and still smashes everyone into oblivion?

I'm sorry but you cannot have average acceleration when you do 100m in 9.5 whatever, he comfortably COMFORTABLY races sub 9.8. It's not possible to have average acceleration and clock stupid times over such a short distance...

I agree Julias. I really don't understand what he's talking about either, unless he means his acceleration in the initial acceleration phase but even so, I've seen analyses and graphs that show that his acceleration is actually at its zenith when he leaves the gates which means he's only really slow when's he's close to the finish line or when he knows he's about to win.  ( Which is most of the time)

OT -  What a dream debut  PEA had, I'm really pleased with his performance , while it was good to see his pace , I really liked his runs that gave him his goals; I felt the match against Augsburg  was more a showcase of his dangerous movement than his speed ! I hope to see much more like this from him over the whole season . Smile
Bolt's first phase of sprinting (ie, his first 20 meters) are average compared to other TOP sprinters. He is usually not the fastest in those first 20 meters, but not the slowest.

What I was trying to say is that Bolt's acceleration is fantastic compared to anyone else in the world outside those elite group of TOP sprinters. That's why I'm saying PEA feat of being faster than Bolt in 30 metres is incredible.
No its not though lol Acceleration is more than just being in front in the first 20m and 90% of the time he is not behind anyone 20m into a race.

Acceleration is acceleration whether its through the first 20 or 20 - 50. Being ahead in the 20m doesn't necessarily equate to great acceleration anyway because someone could just easily be 1. a better reactor or 2. stronger when pushing them self out of the block.

All the other top sprinter can't live with Bolt after 30m and their acceleration is way below his, the only thing holding Bolt back is his start which is largely the only reason most top sprinters are still with him after 20.
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:57 am

Well, maybe, I'm no expert. All I was trying to say is that PEA's feat of being faster than Bolt it's great unlike what giggity suggested.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Decent piece about Aubameyang from Raphael Honigstein.

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/08/14/aubameyangs-german-chapter-is-not-just-about-football/

Some good quotes from Aubameyang and Klopp among others too.

I definitely agree that he will have to adapt to teams defending deeper and not all teams will give him as much as space as Augsburg.... being effective without space is something he will have to learn.

No better coach to learn from though and despite saying that with Reus, Gundogan, Lewandowski and even Mkhitaryan he is around players who also demand attention thus potentially giving him space.

Very dangerous team Dortmund have.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:21 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Decent piece about Aubameyang from Raphael Honigstein.

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/08/14/aubameyangs-german-chapter-is-not-just-about-football/

I definitely agree that he will have to adapt to teams defending deeper and not all teams will give him as much as space as Augsburg.... being effective without space is something he will have to learn.

No better coach to learn from though and despite saying that with Reus, Gundogan, Lewandowski and even Mkhitaryan he is around players who also demand attention thus potentially giving him space.

If I'm honest I think Dortmund are better than Bayern currently and are the best team in Europe. They were a shade behind them last season and Bayern have regressed while they have strengthened. Favorites for the BuLi for me.

inb4 hate
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:38 pm

jibers wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Decent piece about Aubameyang from Raphael Honigstein.

If I'm honest I think Dortmund are better than Bayern currently and are the best team in Europe. They were a shade behind them last season and Bayern have regressed while they have strengthened. Favorites for the BuLi for me.

inb4 hate
Were'nt Bayern your favourite for back to back CL a while back https://i.servimg.com/u/f43/16/93/79/64/37329810.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:44 pm

jibers wrote:inb4 hate
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:16 pm

M99 wrote:
jibers wrote:

inb4 hate
Were'nt Bayern your favourite for back to back CL a while back https://i.servimg.com/u/f43/16/93/79/64/37329810.gif
They were till Guardiola decided to become mentally ill and promote Cruyffian ethics to a to a team that reached 2 Cl finals. BRB playing Bastian as a holder, brb MArtinez the best destroyer in europe relegated to the bench... brb playing a retarded 4141/4123 formation that doesnt suit the players. Bayern were more open against Gladbach than Kim Kardashian after a glass of wine ffs...a good team would have put 4 past them...o wait Dortmund already did that.... VAGI
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:32 pm

jibers wrote:inb4 hate
No hate for Dortmund in the Dortmund section :coffee:

But I agree, I'm impressed at how well Dortmund's scouting machine worked again.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:42 pm

Tbh i don't want to say who's favourites at this stage its far far too early.

Dortmund do look impressive but that can all change very quickly and i do think the talk of Bayern's demise is extremely premature.

Having said that i do believe the gap will be closer this year, i also expect Schalke and Leverkusen to get closer.

Bayern were never going to replicate the godly season of last year, it was just perfection from the first minute to the last you don't replicate that.

Plus teams will be hungrier to beat them than ever before, its very rare you see two seasons like that back to back.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - Borussia Dortmund #17 - Page 3 Empty Aubameyang

Post by Pes91 Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:03 pm

I think Kloop try to do as he did with Lewandowski, he bought a player that have similar features as Lewandowski features, he teach his philosopy for an year and he teach at Aubameyang how do what Lewandowski do now, and at the end of the year, when Lewandowski go to Bayern, Kloop will have the next phenomenon in his attack..isn't it?

Pes91
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:33 am

@Pes91

Exactly. As of now I'm not even sure Lewandowski will really go to Bayern, by the way. I'm not sure Pep will really need him there, so who knows? Maybe he gets stuck at Dortmund ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pes91 Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:34 am

Instead I think Pep love a player as Lewandowski, Robert is a complete striker, and he's really good with either feet, he's similar at "falso nueve" that Pep used when he's Barca's coach, but perhaps I'm wrong. However I think Lewandowski will go away last season, maybe to Bayern or to Chelsea..and Borussia will have the next great striker homemade as Aubameyang..but we haven't to forget Mkhitaryan..I think its a good player Wink

Pes91
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:32 am

Another hattrick incoming? hmm

No pressure Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:19 pm

Well, the opponent today is Eintracht Braunschweig. If Dortmund do everything right, why not another hattrick for PEA? Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Maybe someone else can get a hatrick ?

Sharing is caring after all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:30 pm

In the PEA thread there is hoping the PEA gets a hattrick Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3