Rossoneri Ninja
DRK
dostoevsky
BiasedMilanFan3
red&blacklegion
Cotes
12 posters

Go down

Milan should get back Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Empty Milan should get back Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post by Cotes Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:07 am

The man is pure class...
I watched Gabon vs Brazil today & he was pretty impressive...
He has skill,control,pace & passing...
Milan should get him back & play El Shaarawy as well...
Milan shouldn't waste money on Amauri or Maxi Lopez
I'm a Juve Fan but to be honest, Amauri probably be even more lousy now than last season because I know he ain't training as often or as effective to get back his Palmero or earlier Juventus years Form...
Here are 2 goals from him!

Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Milan should get back Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Empty Re: Milan should get back Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post by red&blacklegion Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:14 am

Naaaaah! hes been sold !Maxi is a good player ,a loan deal would be good,cassano will be back for next yearanyways!Amauri speculations are just BS!
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Milan should get back Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Empty Re: Milan should get back Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post by Cotes Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:52 am

red&blacklegion wrote:Naaaaah! hes been sold !Maxi is a good player ,a loan deal would be good,cassano will be back for next yearanyways!Amauri speculations are just BS!

Actually he been loaned...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:56 am

One good game won't make up for years of not impressing Milan and having to go on loan
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:17 am

Suspect

Pato's not good enough but Aumabeyang is...

I think I'll pass thanks.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:37 am

Considering who we have out on loan/co-ownerships, the likes of Verdi, Beretta, Paloschi, Zigoni, Odu plus the ones who play on our primavera like Ganz, Kingsley Boateng, Comi all have had more time with the first team in friendlies that this guy. So my guess is not a chance but they were nice goals
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:12 am

He only has pace, hardly impressed at his various loan spells, wouldn't even make the primavera squad.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:22 am

Considering his competition in El Shaarawy (and Merkel and Strasser to a lesser extent), he's got no chance.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:18 am

Cotes with dat eye for talent.

Yea I'm rehashing this thread for my own personal lelz, dwi

Entertaining how people react to late bloomers.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:22 am

dostoevsky wrote: Suspect

Pato's not good enough but Aumabeyang is...

I think I'll pass thanks.
Oh man crazy how time proves us all wrong. I was wrong about the lad as well.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:47 pm

People talk about how Dortmund might be even stronger with Aubameyang, which makes me wonder where Milan was in all this when we not only had him at Milan, but thought long and hard abouth im and decided to let him go... so he is good enough for a CL finalist, but not Milan, and we instead buy Matri for 11 million?

I really hope Aubameyang is nothing more than pace, cant stand another let down by our management.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Nice bump right there

Auba never had his chance in Milan really. We were always full up front . Players like him , or Paloschi , will always have gigantic obstacles to overcome in Milan because a Milan side without at least two top players in attack was always inconceivable and it still is actualy . There's no room for given youngsters in attack and players like Pato and El Sharaawy are simply the exception that proves this rule.In addition , we paid a lot of money for them , so in a way , we had to make them important .

Auba is a fine player (thought in front of goal he's a bit reckless sometimes) and it was quite obvious during the end of last season that he would be moving on. During the summer himself said he'd like a return to Milan , even though i am sure Dortmund hadn't moved in for him yet.

It's quite possible we weren't interested because of his price tag but that's not the case here : Aubameyang is a fine example of the mistakes Milan did the last decade with the youth players. Thankfully , we are way past that today , even though i still regret letting go of players like Merkel , Gourcuff , Paloschi , even Astori when nobody gave a fk when he left Milan. This goes back even more , with players like Donadel , Donati , Matri , Antonini , Miccoli and i am sure i forget enough of them.

You could rightfully say , these players weren't that special anyway . But we will never know , will we ? We never really gave them a chance to progress with the first team. Even if half of them failed , the few left behind would be much better players and most importantly , with Milan. We would never have to make transfers like Traore , this kind any way.

Not saying i care we never kept Donati Laughing , but you get the point. I am just glad we have learned , even that late. I don't care how good Aubameyang is , as long as the next Aubameyang is given his chance at Milan . We will always have special players coming through and it's up to Milan to benefit from this.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:57 pm

Dante wrote:Nice bump right there

Auba never had his chance in Milan really. We were always full up front . Players like him , or Paloschi , will always have gigantic obstacles to overcome in Milan because a Milan side without at least two top players in attack was always inconceivable and it still is actualy . There's no room for given youngsters in attack and players like Pato and El Sharaawy are simply the exception that proves this rule.In addition , we paid a lot of money for them , so in a way , we had to make them important .

Auba is a fine player (thought in front of goal he's a bit reckless sometimes) and it was quite obvious during the end of last season that he would be moving on. During the summer himself said he'd like a return to Milan , even though i am sure Dortmund hadn't moved in for him yet.

It's quite possible we weren't interested because of his price tag but that's not the case here : Aubameyang is a fine example of the mistakes Milan did the last decade with the youth players. Thankfully , we are way past that today , even though i still regret letting go of players like Merkel , Gourcuff , Paloschi , even Astori when nobody gave a fk when he left Milan. This goes back even more , with players like Donadel , Donati , Matri , Antonini , Miccoli and i am sure i forget enough of them.

You could rightfully say , these players weren't that special anyway . But we will never know , will we ? We never really gave them a chance to progress with the first team. Even if half of them failed , the few left behind would be much better players and most importantly , with Milan. We would never have to make transfers like Traore , this kind any way.

Not saying i care we never kept Donati Laughing, but you get the point. I am just glad we have learned , even that late. I don't care how good Aubameyang is , as long as the next Aubameyang is given his chance at Milan . We will always have special players coming through and it's up to Milan to benefit from this.

As usual, great post.

+1
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:38 pm

It should be mentioned that Dortmund seem to have a great team philosophy - in other words, new players seems to consistently shine when signing for Dortmund. Milan do not play "beautiful" football. Our passing and team play is not on par with BVB and that has to be taken into account. Keep in mind that I am not taking anything away from the scouting of Dortmund.

Can we guarantee that Aubameyang would be having this type of success at Milan? I think not...I'm not saying it doesn't matter that we let him go, just saying that Milan might not have been as good of a fit. Success at one club does not guarantee success at another.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:37 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:It should be mentioned that Dortmund seem to have a great team philosophy - in other words, new players seems to consistently shine when signing for Dortmund. Milan do not play "beautiful" football. Our passing and team play is not on par with BVB and that has to be taken into account. Keep in mind that I am not taking anything away from the scouting of Dortmund.

Can we guarantee that Aubameyang would be having this type of success at Milan? I think not...I'm not saying it doesn't matter that we let him go, just saying that Milan might not have been as good of a fit. Success at one club does not guarantee success at another.
You're right Dom , that's true . I get what you're saying here and we like it or not , we still haven't reached such performances as Dortmund's since years now. But Aubameyang is a player who thrives in a certain rythm in playing style , more intense and reckless rather than disciplined build up and practiced tactics. I am not sure the thread is the place for tactical discussions , yet , assuming Milan signed him this summer

a 4-3-3 of El Sharaawy - Balotelli - Aubameyang would work very well offensively and Auba could actualy do his thing like he knows .

Even in a 4-2-3-1 , with Ses-Kaka-Auba and Balo up front could work in many cases , very well actualy. The thing is , had we bought Auba , we would have to focus on many other things and we would need many more changes. We simply don't have the means to invest so much anymore and for all this to become succesfull in Serie A will take time. Napoli does it this season and the signs are good. We'll see.

I begun posting a long post with tactics and stuff Laughing , but it's not the place to discuss this here. With a few words , we can play beautiful football , but our own , not like Dortmund . There's no chance. There are so many variables and different circumstances and i think if it could , it would have happened already. I'll explain more in the tactics thread if i have nothing better to do Laughing , yet Auba could be very succesfull at Milan actualy , if we really deemed him that necessary , which is key here in what you said.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down