goal.com is anti-inter, and always has been.

+2
S
Internal
6 posters

Go down

goal.com is anti-inter, and always has been. Empty goal.com is anti-inter, and always has been.

Post by Internal Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:59 am

'Inter didn't cheat', '2005 & 2006 titles should be given back to Juventus' - Goal.com readers have their say on Calciopoli revelations
The two deadly rivals are left accusing each other over the latest courtroom twist, while AC Milan and Livorno will likely go unpunished. You, the readers, have joined the debate
Jul 8, 2011 9:00:00 AM
Share Share
Related Links
Teams

AC Milan
Inter Milan
Juventus
Livorno

Find the best odds and bet on Serie A.
FIGC chief investigator Stefano Palazzi’s assertion that Inter were among a number of sides who avoided punishment in the 2006 Calciopoli trial has got the whole of Italy talking, and readers of Goal.com all across the world have been having their say too.

Palazzi’s revelation means that Inter could well be stripped of the 2005-06 Serie A title they were originally awarded in the courts, with a decision expected as part of the Calciopoli 2 trial on July 18. AC Milan and Livorno are also likely to be accused of Article 6 level sporting fraud, which usually carries heavy penalties including relegation, but the Statute of Limitations means only the revocation of Inter’s Scudetto can now be carried out.

MORE

Revealed: Inter will almost certainly be stripped of 2006 Scudetto
Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi: Let's see if Inter still sing about stealing
FIGC investigator's Calciopoli accusations against Inter are unacceptable - Massimo Moratti
Inter alleged to have committed sporting fraud during Calciopoli by lead FIGC investigator
The irreparable relationship - Inter-Juventus is now the world's fiercest football rivalry

The news has sparked much debate on Goal.com comment boards, as well as on Facebook and Twitter, and Sam, UK is worried about the impression others will be given of Calcio if Inter et al escape greater punishment. “Juventus got demoted, Inter must as well. Football should be about fairness. Italian football will be a joke for years if they so blatantly treat teams differently.”

Mick, Denmark also encourages the FIGC to come down hard on Inter if possible. “I think it’s great that clubs who have been cheating get a well-deserved punishment. Nobody is above the law and I think they should make an example of Inter. Punish them hard so no other club will ever try to cheat again.”

Juventus celebrate in 2006 | Some readers want the title returned to the Bianconeri

Kimz, Egypt is more worried about the damage done to Juventus during the original Calciopoli trial. “The 2005 & 2006 Scudetti must be given back to Juventus with a formal apology from the FIGC and no less than €100 million in compensation. The ban on Moggi should also be removed. Anything less than that will be a dishonour to Juventus.”

Vijay, Trindad thinks that the attention shouldn’t be turned completely away from Juve though, stating: “I might be in the minority but I don't give a damn about Calciopoli. I care about what actually happened on the pitch and what happened was that Juve got many favourable calls for decades, including the two seasons in question. Milan were the best team in Serie A at the time.”

Pap, Aus is just pleased that his team look set to lose their tag as chief protagonists in the whole sorry affair. “As a Juventus fan I had to listen to many people tell me how my team was disgraceful and cheated their way to success. I cannot tell you how happy I am to see that justice has finally prevailed, even if it did take five long years.”

Inter | Winners of five titles since the first Calciopoli case

Interista, Inter Nation insists his side are innocent though. “Articles were written, and will be written, people talked, and will talk, but Inter didn't cheat. Just accept the fact that we are honourable and we don't steal/buy championships. You'll see who will laugh at the end. FORZA INTER! FORZA FACCHETTI! FORZA MORATTI!”

Hjk, Kjh believes that there is little for either side to shout about. “It's so funny to see Juve and Inter fans saying the other was ‘more guilty’, when the fact is none of them were honest, and the same goes for Milan. Juve were damaged the most but now it's in the past and they are on almost equal terms again so just try to move forward for the good of calcio. Also, you dont see Roma fans complaining because objectively they are next in line for that Scudetto."

But perhaps the most novel solution to the FIGC’s quandary comes from Djuro, Montenegro, who says: “If I ever get rich enough, I'll buy Inter. Then I’ll sell all the players that have a clue about football, make them go down to B at least. I don't know if that's illegal or if I would go to jail because of that, but I don't care. I'll be the happiest person on earth to see Inter destroyed. And to be honest, I kind of liked them pre-Calciopoli and hated Milan because of the 2003 CL, but at least they won it fairly.”

i'm guessing carlo "juve4life" garganese wrote this. rubbish, all but one comment they selected were anti-inter, and the last paragraph doesn't even try to hide it. the funny thing is fans that believe what they want to believe and continually degrade inter out of sheer jealousy and shame that their clubs cheated. it's a sad, "if we go down, you go down" mentality that unfortunately spreads like wildfire through the collective consciousness of their demoralized fan base. but i don't blame them, nobody wants to admit wrongdoing, we can't help it because were human, and all humans are egocentric. it's just a shame that they'd hurl accusations at man who isn't alive to defend himself and was always regarded as a stand-up, moral individual. but it's easy to accuse a man who passed away 5 years earlier (he died in 06); who can dispute those claims!? I've just about had it with the constant barrage on inter that's been going since the minute juve, milan, lazio, fiorentina, ect. got caught. i hope come july 18th that this matter is finally put to rest.
Internal
Internal
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

goal.com is anti-inter, and always has been. Empty Re: goal.com is anti-inter, and always has been.

Post by S Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:00 am

cant understand what u r trying to prove by making this claim..carlo clearly wanted to know the readers take on it ..and apparently there are some juve-hate comments too like the one posted by vijay from trinidad who is the biggest juve hater on goal.com..

i for one hardly care about calciopoli..it is the past and many have gotten over it..i think there is no reason to get irked by this particular article..and of course if adam scime who is an interista had written this particular article ,probably u would have had a different take on it..

like u said ,this whole issue should be put to rest sooner..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

goal.com is anti-inter, and always has been. Empty Re: goal.com is anti-inter, and always has been.

Post by Vibe Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:06 am

Goal.com has always been anti-Inter,but not because of the site itself but because the editors happen to dislike Inter.

However,I don't really care what happens on goal.com anymore.Unless it's a fail then I can post it here we can make fun of them together :geek:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:47 pm

People still read goal.com ?

Why on earth would anyone do that :coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:13 pm

i've visited twice since the forums moved. both times were by accident
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:20 pm

the guy who writes Serie A related articles is named Carlo somthing, and if i remember correctly he is a Bianconeri

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down