How much can Tevez-Llorente improve Juve? Can they win CL?

+4
Great Leader Sprucenuce
EL Patron
sportsczy
Loventus
8 posters

Go down

How much can Tevez-Llorente improve Juve? Can they win CL? Empty How much can Tevez-Llorente improve Juve? Can they win CL?

Post by Loventus Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:47 am

As the title suggests, how much do you think the signings of Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente will improve Juventus, and do they really have a chance of winning the CL, with the current squad.

The defense and midfield are perfect IMO, and all that was needed were better strikers. Now with Tevez and Llorente I think the squad improved a lot, but is it enough to win CL ?
Loventus
Loventus
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

How much can Tevez-Llorente improve Juve? Can they win CL? Empty Re: How much can Tevez-Llorente improve Juve? Can they win CL?

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:52 am

Depends on a lot of things. Will Buffon and Pirlo keep their level? I think Pirlo will. I have my doubts with Buffon. Will Tevez regain form? At worse, he need to be as good as Vucinic.

Llorente is the key more than Tevez. He was a good, not great scorer with Bilbao. His biggest issue with Bilbao was not technique... he's technically good. It was efficiency. He missed a lot. But i expect him to get shots in better position at Juve.

Juve probably need a better LB than Asamoah or the kid (forgot his name)... not a whole lot of good LBs out there though.

On the other hand, i expect Vidal and Pogba to both improve.

We'll see.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

How much can Tevez-Llorente improve Juve? Can they win CL? Empty Re: How much can Tevez-Llorente improve Juve? Can they win CL?

Post by EL Patron Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:08 am

Juve fans do this every year Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Loventus Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:37 am

@El Patron, please don't generalize, if you don't have anything to say about the topic, at least do not spoil it, thats all I have to say to you.

@sportsczy: I am more concerned about Llorente than Tevez TBH. Tevez just came from an average season, and still scored 17 goals and made 16 assists, more than any Juventus player, at both goals and assists. That means something IMO. I think he still has a lot to offer for 3 more years.
As for Asamoah, that is a concern too. He was absolutely phenomenal in the 1st part of the season, probably the best LWB in the game, but since the AFCON he returned a different player unfortunately. Physically he was much worse, until late on the season when he started to regain himself a bit, showing glances of what he did during all the 1st part of the season.
Considering it was only his first year as a transformed winger, it was to be expected honestly.
I think he will do much better this season, having in his mind that he now is a winger/wing-back, he will be much more willing to learn new things in the pre-season, and think like a winger.
I still have high hopes for him. Besides we have Giaccherini as another option there, so I think we are covered, even if no one else comes.
Ogbonna seems to be pretty close to us too, and should be a great substitution for Chiellini, and could even feature on LB if Conte deploys a 4-man defense anytime soon.

I personally still think we have to wait 1 or 2 more years until our team reaches it's full potential and probably win CL, but reaching the semi-finals is a realistic goal IMO, but with a bit of luck, could very well reach the final.

Loventus
Loventus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:08 pm

It all depends on the draw in CL imo... you can't really point to a certain round. To me, it's who you beat and who you lose to... also how you look in doing so.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:09 pm

No and no.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:40 pm

yes and i don't know.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:46 pm

Is it enough to improve Juve? Yes, but something tells me that the partnership of Llorente-Tevez wont' be as people think it'll be (Just a hunch)

Is it enough to win the CL? Really depends on the other teams, Juve aren't the only ones improving. Though i can see them making it far
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:16 pm

personally i believe Juventus is still missing another striker, a vice pirlo, a new bench CB and a new LB in order to win the Cl......
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:44 pm

He should suit them, but I think with Tevez hes proved WC at times, but not exactly that level consistently enough. Juve got many choices now its not funny....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down