Adit
Gil
halamadrid2
Pedram
BarcaLearning
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Barca will not renew Abidal's contract which ends in June Empty Barca will not renew Abidal's contract which ends in June

Post by BarcaLearning Thu May 30, 2013 9:35 pm

I just read this, pretty surprised, since hes made all that effort to come back and so many were talking about need for a more defensive LB.

I guess it could be similar situation that they ned to lose players in order to bring in new players which probably in comparison more important to the team contribution.

Im not sure if we will sign a LB or CB or whatever, im just not sure if this is the right decision. I thought that the humane thing was that he deserved ones more year....

What do u think?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Barca will not renew Abidal's contract which ends in June Empty Re: Barca will not renew Abidal's contract which ends in June

Post by Pedram Thu May 30, 2013 10:02 pm

So where's he going to end up, Monaco ?
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Barca will not renew Abidal's contract which ends in June Empty Re: Barca will not renew Abidal's contract which ends in June

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 30, 2013 10:05 pm

Barca trying to get rid of all defenders rofl

As good as Abidal was age doesn't do him justice. its good he is going for free because more clubs will want him now. clever
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu May 30, 2013 10:07 pm

Mes que un club my arse.

Disgraceful.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu May 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Gil wrote:Mes que un club my arse.

Disgraceful.

Why should they renew it ? I cant blame them.If they are not going to renew him they shouldve informed Abidal earlier though.

Barca just like any club is a business and not a charity foundation..dont let their hoiler than you approach fool you,its fake lol..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 30, 2013 10:24 pm

I wasn't aware that Barca had any true defenders... they buy midfielders and make them into defenders. :coffee:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 30, 2013 11:03 pm

Eric Abidal has confirmed he is to leave Barcelona after six years at the club.

The French defender, who fought back from liver cancer and a subsequent transplant to play again, had hoped for a new deal after making his long-awaited comeback.

But he told a news conference on Thursday that his time at Camp Nou would end when his current contract expires next month.

"I would have liked to have stayed and played on at Barcelona but the club saw it differently and I have to respect their decision," an emotional Abidal, who won 15 titles during his spell in Catalonia, said.

"It's a very difficult day for me. The team is my second family. We have gone through a lot together and I'll remember this forever."

Barcelona president Sandro Rosell opened the door for Abidal to return as a coach once his playing career is over.

"He has won our hearts because you can never write him off," Rosell said. "He has had the strength to overcome all types of difficulties - he has taught us life lessons we will never forget.

"We are not saying goodbye, only 'until we meet again'. When he wants to hang up his boots Barca will open their doors for him to come back and be technical director of the youth academy.

"It's what we want and what we think he would want. If he thinks he can help us in another way we will work on that option."

"I hope to return because it is a club (that is) very special to me," Abidal added.

Abidal returned to first-team action as a substitute against Real Mallorca on 6 April, before playing 90 minutes for the first time two weeks later against Levante.

He was diagnosed with a tumour in March 2011 but needed a transplant after initial surgery failed to restore him to full health.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Fri May 31, 2013 12:35 am

Disgraceful.
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri May 31, 2013 2:34 am

Real Kandahar wrote:

Disgraceful.
Your sig has a picture of a man's finger which he used to poke out the eye of another man fighting with cancer and you quote someone claiming a club is disgraceful? rofl
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 31, 2013 3:10 am

sportsczy wrote:I wasn't aware that Barca had any true defenders... they buy midfielders and make them into defenders. :coffee:
'

Nike: Midfielders are the future :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri May 31, 2013 6:27 am

Barca will not renew Abidal's contract which ends in June 20-Optimized.v1369948843

Sad

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri May 31, 2013 7:27 am

Donuts wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:

Disgraceful.
Your sig has a picture of a man's finger which he used to poke out the eye of another man fighting with cancer and you quote someone claiming a club is disgraceful? rofl
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri May 31, 2013 7:31 am

Didn't some Barca exec say something along the line of "as soon as abidal plays a game, we will renew"
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Fri May 31, 2013 9:20 am

Yes, if proven physically fit/season ready. Lies by our board, again !!
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri May 31, 2013 10:39 am

Laughing Oh man.... No
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri May 31, 2013 10:59 am

Real Kandahar wrote:

Disgraceful.
Real Kandahar wrote:

Disgraceful.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri May 31, 2013 12:48 pm

That is a shame.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 31, 2013 1:48 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:Didn't some Barca exec say something along the line of "as soon as abidal plays a game, we will renew"

Yes but it seems they've changed their minds about renewing his contract.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri May 31, 2013 2:18 pm

It's a football decision, simple as that, if he is unable to contribute then there's no point in giving him another contract.

It's sad to see him leaving, but it was his time.

An aging player being out for so long with such a serious issue he will not be the same when he comes back. Abidal gave a gargantuan effort to recover, but I don't think the coaches liked what they saw. Even though when he played, he was pretty solid. Maybe he can go to Lyon.

Speaking of aging players, Puyol needs to get his fitness together, the injuries will be taking a toll on him, if he isn't able to bounce back like he has in the past, he will be going down the same road.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 31, 2013 2:19 pm

I agree with you Albi but why would Barca promise a new contract last year though?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri May 31, 2013 2:25 pm

I haven't heard anything like that.

Abidal got a renewal on his contract while Barca knew he needed a liver transplant. That says enough really

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 31, 2013 2:27 pm

Albiceleste wrote:It's a football decision, simple as that, if he is unable to contribute then there's no point in giving him another contract.

It's sad to see him leaving, but it was his time.

An aging player being out for so long with such a serious issue he will not be the same when he comes back. Abidal gave a gargantuan effort to recover, but I don't think the coaches liked what they saw. Even though when he played, he was pretty solid. Maybe he can go to Lyon.

Speaking of aging players, Puyol needs to get his fitness together, the injuries will be taking a toll on him, if he isn't able to bounce back like he has in the past, he will be going down the same road.

Puyol signed an extension until 2016 earlier this year. Unless you think he'll be sold (which he won't).
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri May 31, 2013 2:30 pm

Abidal wasn't promised a contract extension, however there was an optional 2 additional years on his contract that were not utilized, i think that is where the confusion lies

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri May 31, 2013 2:47 pm

I agree football decision after all is the most important for a club like Barca, since the competition for places is so fierce and every one of the team is a star these days and if u have a "maybe" player there then it isnt the best for the whole team that needs to compete in so many fixtures throughout a season.

I hope Puyol comes back though, his injury is much less serious and h can get back to his best he will be very important for us.

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Fri May 31, 2013 5:38 pm

Zealous wrote:I agree with you Albi but why would Barca promise a new contract last year though?

Nothing has been promised; he has been told that he would renew is he was ready for the season. Clearly, the technical staff thinks otherwise, so no renewal. It's a shame because a 100% fit Abidal would solve our CB problems for a huge part!
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next