Chiellini on Italy, Juve and Inter

Go down

Chiellini on Italy, Juve and Inter Empty Chiellini on Italy, Juve and Inter

Post by DeviAngel Tue May 28, 2013 3:17 pm

Giorgio Chiellini spoke in Italy’s Press conference on the code of ethics, upcoming games and why Walter Mazzarri’s Inter “is already scary.”

The defender took questions in today’s meeting with the media as the Azzurri continue preparations for the friendly with San Marino on Friday, World Cup qualifier in the Czech Republic on June 7 and the Confederations Cup.

Pablo Daniel Osvaldo has been dropped from the squad after breaking the code of ethics by repeatedly insulting Roma Coach Aurelio Andreazzoli.

“Daniel is part of our group and it’s always a shame when a teammate isn’t there,” said Chiellini.

“The decisions are made by the Coach and we will wait for Osvaldo with arms outstretched if Prandelli in future decides to bring him back. He always behaved very well with us.

“The code of ethics was an approach started three years ago and we know that as players we have great responsibility, as we are representing an entire country. Of course we have to set a good example for children.

“A positive result in Prague would allow us to secure qualification, but we must be very wary, as a negative result could put us right back in the thick of the battle.”

Chiellini is one of several Juventus players in the Italy side and is looking forward to next season in Serie A.

“Prandelli is a more calm and quiet person compared to Antonio Conte, but both have that desire to win and make their mark. They enable you to understand and share their philosophy so you can apply it in a game situation.

“The growth of players is important, both for Italy and Juventus. There are quality players and I don’t see another European country with so many interesting young attacking options. After all, Mario Balotelli and Stephan El Shaarawy could be in the Under-21 side.

“As for Juve, a few new players are useful, but not even Leo Messi can win by himself, so the team must be the most important consideration.”

It’s all change on the benches, as Inter welcome Mazzarri, Napoli have Rafa Benitez, while Milan and Roma are still up in the air.

“It will certainly be easier for Mazzarri than Benitez,” continued Chiellini. “Finishing in eighth place after all those defeats puts less pressure on whoever comes next, as it’s easy to improve on that.

“I think Inter can be very difficult to face, as they have a mature Coach who is ready to win silverware. I believe he can give a great deal to this team and they’re already scary for us.

“I consider Benitez to be a great Coach, but it won’t be easy replacing Mazzarri. He must win the Scudetto and go forward in the Champions League. His career reflects his talents and I think Napoli can make a real impact.

“Italian football will be curious to see Benitez at work after a few difficult months at Inter, arriving after Jose Mourinho had won everything.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum