Player ratings, season '12-13

5 posters

Go down

Player ratings, season '12-13 Empty Player ratings, season '12-13

Post by Kaladin Thu May 23, 2013 2:27 am

Much like Arte Morte's topic in the Liverpool section, i decided we should have our own topic

Abbiati -8 Was really the unsung hero for us this season, saved our hides countless times. Earned his contract extension

Amelia -6 Even though he made that mistake against Juve, he covered for Abbiati decently

Abate -7 He's been a kinda good this season, in the beginning he was benched for a while but then earned his spot. If he were to put in some good crosses consistently and not compromise himself every odd game then then i'd give him a higher rating

De Sciglio - 7.5 Was immense for us in his first year in Serie A, gave some selection problems to Allegri too. The boy has got talent, no one can deny that

Mexes - 7.5 He's been a rock for us all year long, commanded the back line really well and covered for most defenders. Problem is that he can be hot-headed a bit, and the amount of yellow cards reflect on that

Zapata - 6.5 He had a horrendous start with us, caused us some problems earlier in the season (Fio game). But over the course of January/February he's changed a bit, and as such he's formed a somewhat decent partnership with Mexes, we couldn't have done so without these 2 that is for sure

Constant - 6.5 "The Guinean Gareth Bale" as Arq would call him, he was great for us in the league. Proved that he can physically marshall the left hand side, his crossing needs a bit more work, as well as his positioning.

Montolivo - 8 Was the only player in midfield that has a brain. His recycling of possession was vital for us, his tactical awareness was imperative, his eye for the pass was much needed. We couldn't have achieved what we wanted without him (as suggested when he was injured)

Muntari - 6 Added much needed grit and stupidity when he returned, he added a lot physicality to midfield when Ambro wasn't there. Sadly he needs a brain, someone needs to perform Inception on him and plant an idea that shooting from 30 yards out isn't always the right idea

Flamini -7 He came through for us at the end of the season with some vital goals, unfortunately his second touch on the ball is always a 2 footed lunge

Ambrosini -7.5 Il Capitano was immense in our pursuit for a CL spot, called a meeting with all the players to not give up in the beginning of the season. Provided his motivation for ES with "If he scores X goals, i'll pay his vacation" Other than that i think that he played extremely well when well rested.

Nocerino -5.5 Was not the same Nocerino of last year, has really regressed on the field. He compromises the the line from time to time. Shame because i like him

Bakaye Traore - 10 The sole reason we were able to clinch 3rd spot, if it weren't for this man we would be relegated by now. He makes Neeskens and Matthaus look like fodder when he plays, and who could forget that Maradona-esque run in the dying minutes against Barca at the San Siro?

Niang -6 If goal posts were 2 cm longer and 1 cm wider, this guy would have 10 goals to his name. He's 18 and showing off great potential, he needs to work on his tactics a bit and try to keep his mind clear

Pazzo0oo0o0o00 - 7.5 Saved our asses more times than i could remember, the fans absolutely love him. 15 goals to his name, and most were coming off the bench due to Balo's arrival. Im extremely happy that we got him

ES -10 I came through for you guys ffs, i helped heal the wound that was inflicted at the Camp Nou. I was there during the Siena game, using dark magic to get us a win ffs

El Shaarawy-7.5 Carried us in the first half of the season, came through for us time and time again. Im sure he has the potential to become even better, he's got a new season ahead of him now, he just has to think straight and not let goal obsession haunt him

Balotelli - 8 Was incredible for us, really changed the momentum of the second half of the season. He adds so much besides scoring goals. He just needs to keep a cool head, not do some crazy antics and im sure he can be WC one day

Robinho - 6.5 He has been on and off sometimes, but when we needed him , he came through for us (i.e Napoli) inconsistent game time is what really killed him game imo

KPB - 7 he had a really bad start, people expected a lot coming from the bearer of the #10 shirt. He was good for us in the second half, he managed the RW quite well and even dropped deep at times.

I'll write more about Yepes, Bonera and Bojan later, got tired ffs
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Player ratings, season '12-13 Empty Re: Player ratings, season '12-13

Post by Il Diavolo Thu May 23, 2013 4:42 am

Thumbs up
I agree with most of the ratings. Though I do think that El Sharaawy deserves the highest rating as he has been the most important individual in our team this season. Balotelli and Pazzini took over by the end of the season but that does not make his achievements any smaller. The guy literally carried our whole team on his mohawk for the first half of the season!
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu May 23, 2013 4:54 am

I'd rate him an 8.5 tbh, but most people will argue that he hasn't been himself during the course of the second half of the season. Although he is learning on more aspects of his play besides scoring, which i think is great for his development.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 23, 2013 9:41 am

Abbiati - 7.5 Recovered from a poor start to once more prove himself a highly dependable and underrated player, rescuing countless situations. I have reduced his rating by half a mark to reflect the time missed through injuries however, which whilst not his fault, lowers his influence of the team's season.

Amelia - 6 His usual self, fluctuating wildly from satisfactory to ridiculous. Was mostly dependable, however his presence clearly unsettles the defence and some costly mistakes remind us that he is a limited player.

Mexes - 7.5 A slow start, though inconsistent game time and injury can be said to have taken their toll on his performances, however came into his own in the second half of the season and led marvellously as we charged up the table.

Zapata - 6.5 Gradually settled in nicely next to Mexes and was a member of our most dependable partnership throughout the season, however he remains reliant upon his impressive physical capacities to rescue situations and his ability on the ball remains an issue.

Bonera - 6 Started in decent fashion, however rightfully only ever to be a back-up as the team found itself after a rash of summer sales.

Yepes - 6 An intelligent defender and it shows even in his advanced years, however his physical decline makes him a target worth attacking and physically bested in crucial moments during several games that led to his reduction to the bench. A decent back-up, but only right that he is retiring.

Acerbi - 5 A disappointing campaign in which he failed to establish himself in the first team and eventually left for game time. Unfortunate perhaps to be trying to make space for himself when the entire line-up was in disarray, however none could call his experience in Milan a positive one on the field.

Abate - 7 Clearly hampered physically during the opening months, however upon overcoming these issues his pace was a useful outlet in attack to provide width and was dependable in defence.

De Sciglio - 7 A wonderful full debut season, filling in at rightback, leftback and centreback. Had to juggle responsibilities on both flanks but stood up as a player and showed himself to be a wonderful prospect for the future. Showed his naivete in games such as against Roma, Inter and Fiorentina however and is still a raw talent.

Constant - 6.5 Made a difficult transition to become a leftback but managed his responsibilities capably. His lack of natural defensive nous was shown up at times however and despite a tremendous physical presence on the dribble, his distribution is disappointing, however overall an excellent effort from a player who is not a natural defender.

Didac - N/A Spectacular return to the training ground. Didn't actually make a single squad. Name thrown in the for the lulz.

Montolivo - 9 Our player of the season, showing himself to be a complete player who led our team both creatively and defensively. Led the team for combined tackles and interceptions, played across the entire midfield, showing the composure, leadership and direction that this team desperately needed, holding together very limited players and forging them into a well drilled unit in the centre. Chipped in with several very important goals and looked like a true captain when handed the armband. Countless man of the match performances.

De Jong - 6.5 Got off to a good start however his season was prematurely ended by a bad injury. Provided steel and balance whilst keeping things simply in possession during his time on the field. His rating was reduced to time missed.

Ambrosini - 7 Used every bit of his experience to get over the line this season, however struggled physically when required to play a series of matches in succession and was hampered by injuries. Led to a series of uneven performances, but overall a positive contribution.

Money - 7 Played his heart out for his one true love, Money, and got his contract extension. His movement provided a good complement to Montolivo, though his limitations on the ball and his tendency to lose his way against quality opposition continued to frustate. Dealt well with the small teams however. His best season to date in a Milan shirt.

Muntari - 6 Solidified his reputation as the spiritual heir to Digao. Missed the first half of the season after a tragic beach football accident, in which it is rumoured that he was the only survivor. Provided defensive balance, however lacked the dyanism in attack that we required in support of El Shaarawy in the left channel, though he must be praised for a few useful goals. Again, due to time missed, his rating was reduced.

Nocerino - 6 Unable to get into the positions from which he pocketed 11 goals last season, he struggled to make his mark this season and looked lethargic when on the pitch. A few good performances such as against Palermo reminded us of his use, however his backpass against Pescara summed up his lack of cohesion with the rest of the team this season. His effort can not be faulted however and he has been respectful in dealing with his lack of game time.

Boateng - 7 An inconsistent season, struggling during the opening months and showing himself incapable of assuming creatives responsibilities through the centre, however his use on the right wing of our 4-3-3 has seen an improved return. His rating was a borderline decision and a reduction of 0.5 could be quite justifiable given the nature of his performances when the team was supposed to be relying upon him and his extremely poor tally in front of goal.

Emanuelson - 6 Provided great tactical use in the 4-2-3-1 however his lack of a right foot limited his effectiveness and his performances themselves were frustrating, though he did manage to provide several assists before his January departure, to his credit. Again, his mark has been reduced to reflect his limited time to influence our season.

Traore - 5 Sat on the bench and spent our money. Consequently, Flamini's hero.

Balotelli - 8 A goal a game upon his transfer, Super Mario's contribution dragged us to the Champions League, taking up the mantle of the Pharoah as our chief goal scorer. Provided an excellent presence up front to hold up the play and was clutch in front of goal, though he will be disappointed not to have affected the derby, though Handanovic's heroics played a huge role. Suffered 5.2 fouls a match, a Serie A high. Laughing

El Shaarawy - 8.5 Thrived during the opening of the season, carrying the team from a goal scoring perspective despite our play favouring the opposite wing, limiting his chances significantly. Provided not simply timely finishes in attack but defensive grit in abundnace, protecting our fullbacks through tireless running, himself rescuing several sure goals with his anticipation and determination. Forced to adjust when Balotelli arrived but continued to offer a useful outlet in terms of general play, though became gradually burdened by his goal drought and must fully adjust to his new role still.

Pazzini - 7.5 Ends the season with one of the best goals to minutes ratios in Europe, Pazzini improved our play through his use as a pure centre forward, adding greatly to our attack through his hold-up play and his presence in the box. Struggled initially but grew in stature and scored crucial goals throughout the campaign, even whilst injured. Much of his best work was thankless running and tussling however and Pazzini this season was far more than his goal tally, even if he is not a particularly creative player.

Niang - 5.5 Some spectacular moments, however Niang remains a very raw prospect who has much to learn. Is still overwhelmed in part by the lack of space he is afforded and has shown a lack of composure in front of goal at times, however ran his heart out defensively to his credit and will have learnt much from his limited time. I still believe he has much to offer the team in the future.

Robinho - 6 A disappointing season compared to Robinho's previous efforts, however his flexibility remained a useful addition to our attack and had his moments, such as the winner against Juventus from the penalty spot.

Bojan - 6 Inconsistency, which stemmed in many ways from our shifting tactical set-up during the first few months, plagued Bojan and it is unfortunate for him personally that we eventually settled upon a formation for which he is not built. A very useful player when used centrally in the 4-2-3-1, however he was rarely afforded this freedom and struggled otherwise. I'd kind of hate to lose his smile however and gains points for assumed tapping up of Thiago and Cesc during the season.

Pato - 5 Injuries, frustration and departure. Was lost in our formation changes, unable to play as a centre forward due to his inability to function with his back to goal and too loose in possession to function in a deeper position. Will hopefully return from Brazil an improved player.

Allegri - 8 A fantastic steadying influence on the team who took us to the Champions League despite being 15th after two months. Helped to bring through El Shaarawy and De Sciglio into the first team, got the best out of a poor midfield, began to bring through Niang, supported Balotelli, revived Pazzini and plugged the holes in our defence. Recovered from the loss of 14 players in a single summer to forge a united playing group who sacrifice themselves for each other and deserves respect for a job well done. Certainly not without flaws, but no coach is.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 23, 2013 9:44 am

Nice job with your ratings SES, we differ on a few points, however many of these ratings differ slightly only on the toss of a coin, I agree with all of your justifications.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Thu May 23, 2013 9:58 am

Il Diavolo wrote: Thumbs up
I agree with most of the ratings. Though I do think that El Sharaawy deserves the highest rating as he has been the most important individual in our team this season. Balotelli and Pazzini took over by the end of the season but that does not make his achievements any smaller. The guy literally carried our whole team on his mohawk for the first half of the season!

and 10 for bakaye??
ARE U EFFING KIDDING ME MAN??

THIS GUY DESERVES ATLEAST A 15
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu May 23, 2013 10:02 am

EPIC POST DOST rofl ROFL @ THE DIDAC PART
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu May 23, 2013 1:28 pm

Pretty much the same as the above, but I dont think DS has been better than Abate, which rather says something of Abate imo. Finally our fullbacks are solid, though I am worried we wont be able to keep Abate for much longer.

Niang hasnt done anything but slipping and shooting outside the goal. Key season for him is coming, or he ends up at Genoa.

Boateng has been mediocre for most of the season, only exploding a few times in the CL as usual.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down