rwo power
VanDeezNuts
LeSwagg James
BarrileteCosmico
VendettaRed07
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Controversial rule changes you would make Empty Controversial rule changes you would make

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon May 13, 2013 4:57 pm

There are some things for what ever reason about each league and leagues around the world, that for whatever reason we don't like and would like to see them change, yet often there is a reason why they are the way they are, and if we had the power to do anything about it, odds are people would probably be up in arms.

For me, something I've disliked is how anticlimactic winning the league titles often are. You see it coming from miles away most of the time, and teams can even win the league over a month before its even finished, meaning they have a bunch of meaningless games that they can just kind of coast through till it ends. Which never looks good from a champions point of view. I think if you are declared best in the league you should have to be able to finish strong as as well and not just have gotten off to a crazy hot start and built up such a huge lead that you don't even have to be all that good in the second have of the season to stay on top.

Also, I just think that its kind of weird that the most exciting part of the end of the season is generally the relegation battle and who gets to just stay up, not who actually wins the league.

So while I wouldn't want to ad a big playoff type system, but I would like to see a final between the top two teams after all the games have been played. The team in first would get to play at home and get an advantage for finishing first, and it would add value to the rest of the games they had to play in the regular season. Because lets say they clintch first with 4 or 5 games left, they don't want to go into a final drawing and loosing a bunch of games because it could hurt their momentum.

Adding that much value to second place would create a lot of relegation battle type excitement against all the top teams two, because second place is generally more attainable within the final few weeks for a number of teams that first is.

So thats mine, what are some changes you know people would probably balk at, or at least probably not like, if you made them?
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Controversial rule changes you would make Empty Re: Controversial rule changes you would make

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 13, 2013 5:06 pm

The entire point of the league is that you are the best over a 38 game period. If you have a final at the end of the season, and say your best player is out injured, how can that be representative of a year's worth of efforts? You have the country cups for that.

I would institute a tennis-like ability for managers to challenge refs decisions (limited to 3 or 4 most likely) through technology, automatic goal or non/goal confirmation, & get rid of the away goal rule.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Controversial rule changes you would make Empty Re: Controversial rule changes you would make

Post by LeSwagg James Mon May 13, 2013 5:11 pm

I would eliminate back-passes to the goalie, too much of a bail out.. Would force players (especially defenders) to improve their on the ball skills, and would speed up play
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon May 13, 2013 5:36 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The entire point of the league is that you are the best over a 38 game period. If you have a final at the end of the season, and say your best player is out injured, how can that be representative of a year's worth of efforts? You have the country cups for that.

I would institute a tennis-like ability for managers to challenge refs decisions (limited to 3 or 4 most likely) through technology, automatic goal or non/goal confirmation, & get rid of the away goal rule.

Well it works both ways, what if you are in second because your best player was out at the beginning of the season and you dropped points because of it? You still get an advantage by being able to play at home. I think if you really are the champs then you should be able to take care of business in one last meaningful home game. Would add a lot more excitement towards the end of the season and probably be more fun to watch big title clashes in leagues that you might not normally watch, but can't help it because of the matches magnitude.

Also I like that, adding challenges would be great. But I think 4 might be too many, would slow down the game a lot. I think two per game would be perfect, and any time it took to review the tape is measured and added on to stoppage time. Wouldn't be perfect, but certainly make results of matches with big decisions made feel more fair
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon May 13, 2013 5:37 pm

play acting, diving, and simulation all automatic reds and kicked out of the league. Very Happy

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon May 13, 2013 7:08 pm

Well, I'd like to get rid of the multiple punishment when a goalie fouls a player as last man as then it is 1. a red, 2. a penalty, 3. a suspension - that's just too much. A yellow and a pen should be enough.

The idea of no backpasses to the goalie doesn't please me. I prefer the goalies to be able to partake in the match, and often they can actually launch an attack after they got a backpass, too.

I'd like to have a sinbin and temporary punishments for players, that is send one out for 5 or 10 minutes if need be.

And a time-out per coach and half might be a cool thing to adjust tactics.

Ah, and video evidence that can be invoked once per team and half (or more, if the evidence showed that a decision went indeed wrongly against a team).

Oh, and please no play-offs. I like the league format as it is. The best team over the whole run wins and no freak results via play-offs. As above was said - the Cups are fine for freak results once in a while.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon May 13, 2013 7:29 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, I'd like to get rid of the multiple punishment when a goalie fouls a player as last man as then it is 1. a red, 2. a penalty, 3. a suspension - that's just too much. A yellow and a pen should be enough.

why? any other player gets a red card, a penalty, and a suspension for the red card so why should keepers be exempt? if you're the last man --> red card --> suspension, that's entirely reasonable

anyway video replays, it's not the middle ages anymore, and get rid of the two blind people who are at every uefa game pretending to be additional referees

secondly, if the play stops for a player away from the ball being "injured", said player has to sit out two minutes, 5 if medical staff have to come on the pitch
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Mon May 13, 2013 7:33 pm

In order to encourage teams to attack and not park the bus...i'd give 1 point for a goalless draw, 2 points for draws with goals and 3 points for victory..and of course..no points for lost games (and maybe awarding 1 point for at least scoring in the defeat).
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon May 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Adrian0911 wrote:In order to encourage teams to attack and not park the bus...i'd give 1 point for a goalless draw, 2 points for draws with goals and 3 points for victory..and of course..no points for lost games (and maybe awarding 1 point for at least scoring in the defeat).

Thats not a fair idea imo..

there are number of entertaining 0-0 draws and many 1-1 dull matches.

A perfect game ends in 0-0 anyway.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kabarca Mon May 13, 2013 7:39 pm

I'd put a 4th emergency substitution that teams can use if a player get injured but the team would have to play with 10 men for 5-10 minutes before the new player comes in(so that teams don't take advatage of the rule and players pretend to be injured)

I'd also make indirect free-kicks from inside the area more common and "soft penaltys" could be awarded as an indirect free kick.
kabarca
kabarca
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon May 13, 2013 7:42 pm

Added/injury time will be whatever the referee adds on and that's it. If the ref requests 4 minutes of injury time, he blows the whistle at exactly 4 minutes. None of this 30 seconds added for time wasting or whatever BS
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guliver90 Mon May 13, 2013 8:18 pm

Adit wrote:
Adrian0911 wrote:In order to encourage teams to attack and not park the bus...i'd give 1 point for a goalless draw, 2 points for draws with goals and 3 points for victory..and of course..no points for lost games (and maybe awarding 1 point for at least scoring in the defeat).

Thats not a fair idea imo..

there are number of entertaining 0-0 draws and many 1-1 dull matches.

A perfect game ends in 0-0 anyway.

making football more atractive for soccer-country?

i would eliminate the penalty punishment for fouls inside the box...and replace it with a red card and free-kick from the edge of the box.
i hate game that are won through penalties. refs have to much power to decide a game...and diving and acting doesn't make it easier for them.

oh..and i agree with the red card for diving, acting...i'd even put a yellow card for those players that pressure refs into giving cards
Guliver90
Guliver90
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon May 13, 2013 8:28 pm

One rule is all ball boys at all stadiums must be present untill Ref blows final whistle.

I'm tired of them disappearing during important league games and making the players hunt for the ball.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Mon May 13, 2013 9:05 pm

1) Have the ref blow his whistle to stop play for a free kick, goal kick, substitution, major argument/fight etc. The time is then stopped, and resumed again only after the Ref blows it again for resumption of play. This will ensure that there is no need for Injury - Time, exactly 90 mins per match and teams can't complain about additional time being given to help the other team.

2) Every foul inside the box should not be a Penalty. The awarding of a Penalty should be at the Discretion of the Referee.
Many times we see that a player is actually moving AWAY FROM GOAL when a foul in the box is commited, resulting in a penalty. This should only be Free - Kick IMO, as it is very unfair on the Defenders.

3) As someone said above, regulations on the Min. time an "Injured" player must spend outside the pitch.

4) Most obvious is Video Technology. If Cricket can have it, its a shame the most popular sport in the World doesn't have it.
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon May 13, 2013 9:44 pm

Lex wrote:Added/injury time will be whatever the referee adds on and that's it. If the ref requests 4 minutes of injury time, he blows the whistle at exactly 4 minutes. None of this 30 seconds added for time wasting or whatever BS

The number added on is a minimum, not a maximum.

Only changes I'd make is goal line technology and perhaps I'd think about having the player that got fouled take the penalty kick.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 13, 2013 10:01 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:Well it works both ways, what if you are in second because your best player was out at the beginning of the season and you dropped points because of it? You still get an advantage by being able to play at home. I think if you really are the champs then you should be able to take care of business in one last meaningful home game. Would add a lot more excitement towards the end of the season and probably be more fun to watch big title clashes in leagues that you might not normally watch, but can't help it because of the matches magnitude.

But that is fundamentally flawed because the best team in the league is not necessarily the best team head to head. The winner of the league is not supposed to be the best team capable of winning vs everyone, but the most consistent one. If Atletico Madrid won the league by beating every game, except the 4 vs Barca and Madrid, would that not make them worthy winners? And if a player is injured during the season you have depth to take care of it, it's part of the strategy to win leagues, but it's impact is much greater during a one-off match.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 13, 2013 10:02 pm

CBarca wrote:I'd think about having the player that got fouled take the penalty kick.
That's not a good rule, it would make bad penalty takers get tackled more often and offer no benefits.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon May 13, 2013 10:22 pm

CBarca wrote:
Lex wrote:Added/injury time will be whatever the referee adds on and that's it. If the ref requests 4 minutes of injury time, he blows the whistle at exactly 4 minutes. None of this 30 seconds added for time wasting or whatever BS

The number added on is a minimum, not a maximum
Yeah, I'd get rid of the min/max crap and add a set amount of injury time. That way, no-one can complain afterwards about an opponent scoring after added time has elapsed and how much was added on top
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Mon May 13, 2013 10:24 pm

Clear all yellow cards in the semi finals of UCL
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue May 14, 2013 12:13 am

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:Clear all yellow cards in the semi finals of UCL

+1

I would remove the offside rule.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue May 14, 2013 1:04 am

Ibra would smash Pele's scoring record without that rule
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue May 14, 2013 1:09 am

If you dive and simulate during a match, the governing bodies would have the power & the obligation to give that player a 3 match ban. Repeat offenders would get slightly increased bans each time. After 2 or 3 punishments, they would soon cut it out.

Because players sometimes appear to be simulating, but after seeing the incident in a proper angle you see they took a hit, i'd make sure the judge panel analysed the situation very carefully.

Also I would generally change some rules where certain red card challenges were yellows, yellows were warnings and soft free kicks were rarely given. I would make it so being tall & strong isn't a bad thing and muscling players off of the ball (providing you're actually going for the ball) was always allowed.

I'm not saying go back to the mid 20th century, just letting the contact side of fooball grow a little bit and stop catering to smaller players because they're weak.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue May 14, 2013 1:10 am

Are you trying to talk me out of it? Ibra is my favorite player :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 14, 2013 1:59 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
CBarca wrote:I'd think about having the player that got fouled take the penalty kick.
That's not a good rule, it would make bad penalty takers get tackled more often and offer no benefits.

Giving away a penalty, even if it's against a bad penalty taker, is still a bad decision from the defender, and would be hurting their team if they did it. Why would they target bad penalty takers? Most likely even the bad penalty takers put it in. It also helps even up the penalty game, which is almost an assured goal at this point.

I do have my doubts about it, which is why I said I'd "perhaps think about", but I'm not sure I would call the idea bad.

Lex wrote:
CBarca wrote:

The number added on is a minimum, not a maximum
Yeah, I'd get rid of the min/max crap and add a set amount of injury time. That way, no-one can complain afterwards about an opponent scoring after added time has elapsed and how much was added on top

Well, there's just min crap, no max crap. But I guess I agree with you. Nobody should be complaining about the amount of time anyway because it's a minimum, but I guess it would solve some problems to just have a set number, yeah.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 14, 2013 2:00 am

Moto you're not serious, are you?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next