Will Pep poach Barca players and youth and whom?

+23
halamadrid2
ELO
ExtremistEnigma
jibers
urbaNRoots
Grooverider
free_cat
VivaStPauli
Kick
Art Morte
BAYERN_MUNICH
The Sanchez
Fuchsteufelswild
BarrileteCosmico
Lex
rwo power
CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Zealous
Berbatov
Onyx
Bellabong
Yuri Yukuv
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Will Pep poach Barca players and youth and whom? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Pep poach Barca players and youth and whom?

Post by free_cat Mon May 06, 2013 11:28 am

VivaStPauli wrote:
free_cat wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:They don't have anything Bayern could want bar Messi. He's the only player that could reasonably improve their squad.

Sure, only Messi can improve Bayern. Will Pep poach Barca players and youth and whom? - Page 2 1625187496
They humbled us, but we have several players that are better than theirs.

Like whom? I don't even want to trash Barca, but I honestly can't think of anyone. Bayern are at least two great players deep in every position, except Schweinsteigers - and Barca don't have a player of his type.

Iniesta >> Kroos
Messi >> anyone obviously
Busquets >> Martinez
Pique >> Van Buyten

To say the most obvious ones, then there are others that are debatable and I won't get into them.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Will Pep poach Barca players and youth and whom? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Pep poach Barca players and youth and whom?

Post by VivaStPauli Mon May 06, 2013 11:30 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Iniesta is an improvement to Kroos
That position already has Kroos and Götze in it, Bayern gain nothing by giving two future legends less playing time. Also I'm not convinced a Xavi-less Iniesta would be an improvement over either of them. But granted, maybe Iniesta would be one. But he's 6 or 7 years older than his two competitors.
Busquets to Javi
I just plain disagree.
Pique to Boateng/van Buyten
Neither Boateng nor Buyten are starters though, and TBH I'm not even sure Pique is hugely ahead of Boateng. Barcas defence works through possession and pressing, every time Pique actually had to defend he looked shaky. Kind of a scrub without Puyol there. Who would be great. But is old.
But with Badstuber back, Dante being there, and Kirchhoff just having signed... Pique? More like Pi-meh, am I right? Is this mic on? Hello?
and Messi to Mandzukic - can't think of others if I'm honest.
That's the only one I can think of anyway.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon May 06, 2013 11:33 am

Martinez is a far better destroyer than busquets.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 06, 2013 11:34 am

VivaStPauli wrote:
Busquets to Javi
I just plain disagree.

The rest of the world agrees though.

VivaStPauli wrote:
Pique to Boateng/van Buyten
Neither Boateng nor Buyten are starters though, and TBH I'm not even sure Pique is hugely ahead of Boateng. Barcas defence works through possession and pressing, every time Pique actually had to defend he looked shaky. Kind of a scrub without Puyol there. Who would be great. But is old.
But with Badstuber back, Dante being there, and Kirchhoff just having signed... Pique? More like Pi-meh, am I right? Is this mic on? Hello?

They are not starters? Bayern plays with one CB only?
Badstubber better than Pique? Laughing
Don't know who Kirchoff is, surely he is better than Pique too. Will Pep poach Barca players and youth and whom? - Page 2 1625187496
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 06, 2013 11:35 am

jibercus wrote:Martinez is a far better destroyer than busquets.

And a far worse player.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon May 06, 2013 11:39 am

Better destroyer than Busquets, but not a better player overall.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon May 06, 2013 11:41 am

free_cat wrote:

And a far worse player.

I should probably qualify my Busquets-hate a bit: I think Bayern are better served with Gustavo/Martinez who are better destroyers, so Schweinsteiger has more freedom. And Biscuit isn't complete enough to back up Piggy, so he wouldn't improve the Bayern squad imo.

And Buyten/Boateng start because Badstuber is massively injured. And I have seen the Bayern defenders perform when their team had an overall bad performance. They tackle, they run, they are well positioned. Pique has looked quite bad every time tiki-taka broke down. With both Spain and Barca, whenever he has to actually perform as a CB, not another passing hub, he has looked decent at best.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon May 06, 2013 11:56 am

Martinez is better at doing his job at Bayern than busquets could. Better player means nothing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Mon May 06, 2013 12:12 pm

It's hard to say, aside from Messi i would agree that Iniesta and Busquets would probably start for Bayern. Pique not so much...
But yeah, you could argue that Iniesta/Busquets wouldnt fit that great into the Bayern system, but that's a pure fantasy discussion here, because we will never know for sure unless it happens.

Neither one of them wouldn't want to leave Barca so who cares....
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Mon May 06, 2013 12:15 pm

on topic: there was a rumour a few weeks ago that Pep wanted to get Andreu Fontas
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 06, 2013 12:35 pm

ELO wrote:on topic: there was a rumour a few weeks ago that Pep wanted to get Andreu Fontas

rofl
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon May 06, 2013 1:27 pm

Lex wrote:Cue Pedro, Tello and Alexis scrolling through their family trees to find any traces of German DNA

Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Mon May 06, 2013 1:35 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
ELO wrote:on topic: there was a rumour a few weeks ago that Pep wanted to get Andreu Fontas

rofl

Yeah,these rumours, kicker reported it. But honestly i've never even seen him play Wink
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon May 06, 2013 1:48 pm

Keita isn't even a Barca player anymore....

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon May 06, 2013 2:29 pm

OMG!!! Let them win the final. They have not won it yet, right? They smashed us. That should be the story so far and they are already behaving like they have the best players in every position. They have better players than iniesta , busq, pique Rolling Eyes
Dont forget the number of times they came to final in last few years. Bayern in final means opponent is Champion already :coffee:

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon May 06, 2013 2:42 pm

The butthurt is strong in that one.
This isn't about winning the final, or being the best.

And I still don't get what's supposedly so great about Pique. If you said Puyol, okay, but WTF makes Pique such a great defender. I don't get it.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 06, 2013 2:45 pm

Busquets is a myth and he'll be found out soon enough. Pique has already been exposed as a charlatan and little Sergi is next.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Mon May 06, 2013 3:43 pm

The only two players that would get into bayern XI are messi and iniesta, however some of the barca XI would make great super subs. And if they want to get some european silverware they know that they should be in a team with a real winner like guardiola and not tito.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 06, 2013 3:57 pm

vivas wrote:The butthurt is strong in that one.
This isn't about winning the final, or being the best.

And I still don't get what's supposedly so great about Pique. If you said Puyol, okay, but WTF makes Pique such a great defender. I don't get it.
Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that he has great composure, tackling, can play on a high line, and has virtually won every title there is to win. He might be slow and not good in the air (esp for his height) but the best Pique is an elite CB and definitely better than any CB Bayern has.

jibers wrote:Javi is a better destroyer than busquets ever was
Do you seriously believe that Pep will use a destroyer when he kicked Toure out of the team? Not to mention that the destroyer-type players are almost extinct. Whereas before most top teams had destroyers now I can only think of Medel at Sevilla. Masche was a destroyer and had to change positions to adapt. In any case while his role may be destroyer, calling Javi that is almost an insult as he is a much more complete player than that.

fuchstuwhatever wrote:Germans aren't about being humble and respectful. We are about crushing opponents and running up the score as high as possible.
Dat arrogance Proud
Keita will come to his new home and give you a lesson on how to be a remarkable human being Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 06, 2013 4:05 pm

rwo power wrote:
free_cat wrote:Sure, only Messi can improve Bayern. Will Pep poach Barca players and youth and whom? - Page 2 1625187496
They humbled us, but we have several players that are better than theirs.
You underestimate the necessity of a player to fit into a team. You can't just take any player how good he may be individually and then think he has to improve the team. Often players can actually imbalance a team and thus make it worse, no matter if they are individually better than the one they would have replaced.

This.

Yeah you can take a player from Barca, a player from Bayern in the same position and say Barca player is > Bayern player. But tactically they wouldn't be as good of a fit, and thus you'd be paying top dollar for a player who offers nothing although that player might be better on paper.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 06, 2013 4:06 pm

Keita, the moral compass of Barca Proud

Since he left that club has become truly lost.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 06, 2013 4:11 pm

tom wrote:This.

Yeah you can take a player from Barca, a player from Bayern in the same position and say Barca player is > Bayern player. But tactically they wouldn't be as good of a fit, and thus you'd be paying top dollar for a player who offers nothing although that player might be better on paper.
The assumption that no Barca players would fit into the tactical scheme of a team where Pep will be the coach of in 2 months is laughable.

Also good players adapt to any system. Messi, Iniesta, Alves, Busquets and Pique could easily adapt to their new roles.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Mon May 06, 2013 6:36 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
The assumption that no Barca players would fit into the tactical scheme of a team where Pep will be the coach of in 2 months is laughable.

Also good players adapt to any system. Messi, Iniesta, Alves, Busquets and Pique could easily adapt to their new roles.

Some sober words right here ladies and gentlemen
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 06, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm not saying that they wouldn't eventually adapt. But they wouldn't just pop in and improve the team.

If the coach wants to spend 40M in hope that the player adjusts and also improves the squad slightly then so be it.

But it could also end up being a waste of a signing.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 06, 2013 7:04 pm

Zealous wrote:Busquets is a myth and he'll be found out soon enough. Pique has already been exposed as a charlatan and little Sergi is next.

Disagree, he's just surrounded by absolute scrubs.

He looks fine for Spain, Pique will look a lot better once he's not the only defender in the back line who knows how to defend.

And quite frankly he's fine this year for the most part, most defenders wouldn't look that good with Alba, Bartra and Alves in the back line.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 06, 2013 7:45 pm

Bayern's current system works well already. Busquets for example can't do what Martinez does attacking wise.

However it would be up to Pep whether he thinks Busquets/other players would be better than what Martinez/the other Bayern's players current roles are.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next