rwo power
Kick
DeviAngel
InterMalia
RealGunner
39 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Zanetti with achilles tendon injury - Page 4 Empty Re: Zanetti with achilles tendon injury

Post by Robespierre Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:56 pm

Vibe wrote:
Robespierre wrote:?!?
have you seen the derby? we won after his replacement...he hasn't the run as before , infact he plays only in midfield ( what fullback? ) and he is inconsistent in that position.
Moreover we are talking about a player old 41 that had an  achilles tendon injury recently.
No reason to continue so.

It was his which game after a six month injury?And in central midfield...We won because Kovacic went on,not because Zanetti went off.

As a fullback,Zanetti is easily better than both Nagatomo and Jonathan,realistically.The only reason why he shouldn't play is the fact both of them fit better in the current system,no sane coach would drop Zanetti in a 4 man defense in our current roster.

He is still very solid defensively,and can contribute greatly coming on when closing games,as well as fill holes in the squad when needed.Age is just a number,if he is physically capable I don't see any reason to drop him just because he will turn 41.

supposing that .... we play with 3-5-2 , our coach is Mazzarri.. so what?
however he is not what he was few years ago, the injury has simply worsened the situation ... football is not PS, if you are 41 shouldn't play in football .. which  positive contribution does he take in the field? .for me he  is not even very solid defensively as you say ...against Parma he has permitted to cross the Parma player (the 3-3) not opposing him..... about the offensive contribute it's useless to continue..

We are talking about a legend , an extraordinary player  I don't know if we will see  again another Zanetti for the professionalism and longevity ...a real example for young players also... but I think it's time to turn the page.

RealGunner wrote:I agree with Robes. Also something I said on chat the other day.

Zanetti is a legend and there is no denying that. But as fit as he is, he is not what he was few years ago. The tendon injury was horrible, but even before the injury for me he shouldn't have been starting as many games as he was.

You keep Zanetti as long as he thinks he can add to the team, which is more to do with his experience and guidance. He brings respect from the locker room and I don't think anyone in the locker room will ever tell him that it was his fault for something. That will never happen.

But think rationally if Zanetti really is better than Jonathan at RB? or Nagatomo at LB. Maybe he is a better defender than both of them but can he add what both the former can offensively? or can Zanetti work as hard as either to hold on to a lead till the very last minute?

Agree.

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Zanetti with achilles tendon injury - Page 4 Empty Re: Zanetti with achilles tendon injury

Post by danyjr Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:45 pm

Vibe wrote:As a fullback,Zanetti is easily better than both Nagatomo and Jonathan,realistically.
Jonathan as RB would be hilarious Laughing

But I agree with Rob, Inter are playing 3-5-2 and frankly both Nagatomo and Jonathan, and even Pereira is more fit to play the wingback role in such system.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:24 pm

danyjr wrote:
Vibe wrote:As a fullback,Zanetti is easily better than both Nagatomo and Jonathan,realistically.

Jonathan as RB would be hilarious Laughing

Why? Jonathan is having a great season.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4