rwo power
Kick
DeviAngel
InterMalia
RealGunner
39 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Zanetti with achilles tendon injury - Page 3 Empty Re: Zanetti with achilles tendon injury

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Zanetti

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:
ProudProudProudProudProudProudProudProudProudProudProudProudProudProudProudProudProudProudProudProudProud

Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Zanetti with achilles tendon injury - Page 3 Empty Re: Zanetti with achilles tendon injury

Post by Vibe Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:19 pm

Spence Proud
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:14 pm

:48 to 1:08 just banana

1 man link from defense to attack drinking
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ARIARAIDEN Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:39 pm

Simply the greatest defender of all time.
ARIARAIDEN
ARIARAIDEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by moutinho98 Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:47 am

imma get a haircut just like him tomorow Proud
moutinho98
moutinho98
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:26 pm

There are talks of contract extension today Proud
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:27 pm

He should pay visit to Messi and lend him some of his infinite power.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:32 pm

moutinho98 wrote:imma get a haircut just like him tomorow Proud
Zanetti's hair is not "cut" like normal beings, it is molded from the onyx stones of Olympus melted with the lava from Vezuveles.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:32 pm

When it was said Father Time makes fools of us all.... Zanetti was clearly listening to some very loud music.

Legend :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by ARIARAIDEN Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 pm

Its scary how Zanetti resembles Superman.From the Hair that never changed with the looks and the durability and how he never gives up.Its like the creators of Superman had a foreshadowing of Zanetti.
ARIARAIDEN
ARIARAIDEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:13 pm

ARIARAIDEN wrote:Its scary how Zanetti resembles Superman.From the Hair that never changed with the looks and the durability and how he never gives up.Its like the creators of Superman had a foreshadowing of Zanetti.
Please...
superman only wishes he had Zanetti's looks and hair.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:00 am

Were you ever afraid you would not return?

No, never. In fact I always knew I would return. The recovery process always improved, I never missed a day and every day I completed all the exercises. I knew I would return, I felt that way since I got injured. I never felt like an ex-player because all along I was with my teammates, I didn't stop going to Pianettina and even shared part of the pre-season in the US, even though I could not even touch a ball. I never let those thoughts reach my head, I was always positive.

What are your plans for the future?

I wanted to at least play another game. At 40 years old I am enjoying my second debut, but I know this is not where my story finishes. I have a contract until mid 2014 and then I'll see what I do. It will depend on how I'm feeling and what the projects of the club are, which will be more clear in a few days after the shareholder's meeting. But if it were up to me, if I'm still useful to the team, I don't rule out playing more.

The boss :bow:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:04 pm

As people learned of Moratti's intentions to take over Inter, directors and agents began to get in touch. They recommended players that might be worth consideration for a role in his team.

"I hadn't yet bought Inter when a videotape of an Argentina Under-20 game was given to me so that I could watch Ariel Ortega," Moratti reflected in Il Corriere della Sera’s supplement, Sette. "I saw a little bit of the game, not all of it. Ortega didn't make a great impression on me. Instead, something very strange happened. I was enchanted by a full-back who I'd never seen before: he defended, broke forward, dribbled seven opponents in a row. We signed him and he's still with us. I've found out that he comes from planet Krypton and that he'll play another four or five years."

That player, "the first I saw and chose," was none other than Javier Zanetti. You can probably say that the second Moratti era at Inter began with the guy affectionately known as Pupi. How poignant then that it should also kind of end with him as a protagonist too.

Saturday's game against Livorno at San Siro was officially Moratti's last game as president of Inter. The Curva Nord unfurled a series of banners measuring 400 metres long. They'd had their differences with their president over the past 18 years, it admitted, but "despite everything, there's something we have in common: the undeniable love for Inter. Now we await [the new owner] with curiosity, but meanwhile thanks for everything president, you deserve it. We love you at heart." On Thursday, a board meeting will formalise the new structure of the club following the sale of a controlling stake to an Indonesian consortium headed by Erik Thohir.

While some things change, others, however, remain the same. In the 82nd minute, the fourth official flashed up the No. 21. Saphir Taider was coming off. He was to be replaced by the No. 4, Zanetti. As Inter's captain ran out onto the pitch, a huge roar came down from the Nord and with it chants of "un capitano ... c'e solo un capitano." Six months after tearing his Achilles in Palermo, Zanetti was back. At the time, many had thought that his playing days were over. Younger footballers have struggled to return from an injury like the one he had suffered. Zanetti, remember, was approaching his 40th birthday.

"You're mad if you want to make a comeback at your age," his former teammate and compatriot Hernan Crespo laughed. No, Zanetti was perfectly lucid. "My career isn't over," he said. “I’m changing tyres.”

It was a pit stop, that's all, and Zanetti has raced back. Experts believed he'd be out for nine months. But here he was again, his boots tied, his kit on, his hair immaculate as ever. Maybe Moratti is right. Perhaps Zanetti really does come from Krypton and not Dock Sud, Buenos Aires.

Joking aside, overcoming this injury has not been easy. All Zanetti wanted to do was "play at least one more game in front of Inter's fans." Limiting himself to that objective foretold how cautious he perhaps was about making it back.

The papers even told Zanetti that maybe it was time to call it a day. "In 1978 Facchetti could have played another World Cup," wrote Luigi Garlando in La Gazzetta dello Sport, "but he listened to his body and with great honesty said 'No' to Enzo Bearzot, who wanted him in Argentina as a captain not as a player. He closed his legendary career there. Inter needed him as a director until his final days. It's the carpet that now unfolds at Zanetti's feet: become the new Facchetti of the young Inter that is being born."

Make no mistake: Zanetti intends to do that one day. "Nobody knows it, but there's already a desk and an office ready with my name on it at Inter's headquarters," he told Chi days before the Achilles injury. But for now that can wait. He's not done yet.

The road to recovery started in Buenos Aires. Over the summer, Zanetti did his rehab at Predio, Argentina's training centre. He pushed 160kg, left leg, right leg, repetition after repetition, surprising the national team's physio Luis Garcia. As players like Fernando Gago and Sergio Romero walked by, they commented on Zanetti's "spirit of sacrifice." He pretended not to hear. "I'd like to say to them: 'Lads, it's no sacrifice," Zanetti wrote in his biography Giocare da Uomo (translated: "Play as a man"). "I love this hard work. I love this sport. I love this life. Every training session, in the cold and under the snow or sweating in the heat has given me joy, has made me smile. I am a lucky man."

The book he wrote with Gianni Riotta only reinforces the well-established impression of Zanetti as a hard worker, a model professional. After all, this is a guy who even trained on his wedding day. "There's some time to spare, Amore," he recalls telling his wife Paula. "The church ceremony is over. We've exchanged rings. The guests are yet to arrive for the reception. I'm going to go for a jog. I've brought my running shoes."

Some years later while holidaying on the island of Djerba in Tunisia, Paula was mortified to discover that she'd booked a hotel without a gym. There wasn't one nearby either. What would she tell Javier? Inter's fitness coach had drawn up a training schedule. It had him doing 75kg shoulder squats a day. How would he manage to do them without any equipment? She needn't have worried. He'd find a way.

Over dinner one night, Zanetti politely asked Paula how much she weighed -- 50kg. Then he gathered the books they'd brought to read with them and got the cook to measure the bundle on his scales. Some small dumbbells to make up the weight were found on an excursion to a local shopping centre too. On the beach later the following day, Zanetti asked Paula to put on her rucksack -- now full of books -- hold the dumbbells in her hands and get on his back. Up. Down. He got through his repetitions like this.

There's another anecdote that further illustrates his level of commitment. Last year, the Zanettis went to Madrid to pick up some friends at the airport. The flight was delayed, its estimated landing time more than an hour away. "Paula, would you mind if..." She knew what he was about to say. He wanted to go for a run and, ever prepared, had brought his trainers with him. So after getting changed in the toilets, off he went around the terminal. Remarkable, no? "Shortly before our friends came through the gate," Paula recalled, "Javier returned unabashed and fresh as a daisy." Talk about dedication.

So if you're wondering how Zanetti managed to recuperate from a nine-month injury in just six months at the age of 40, there's your answer. It lies in his attitude, his mentality, yet his return is no less extraordinary for it. "Lots of things come to mind," coach Walter Mazzarri told Sky Italia, "but it would probably sound like adulation. I said what I think in the dressing room. He's world class and you saw that today. In just 10 minutes when he came on he was a calming presence for the whole team. You don't find many people who can slot back in with so much ease after an injury like he had."

Inter were 1-0 up when he came on. They'd taken the lead after 30 minutes when a cross by Jonathan slipped under the grasp of Francesco Bardi, the Livorno and Italy Under-21 goalkeeper who happens to be on loan from Inter. The raddoppio came shortly after Zanetti's introduction.

He of course had a part to play in it, offloading the ball to fellow substitute Mateo Kovacic, who beat one player, then another and another before dinking a pass through for Yuto Nagatomo to lash beyond Bardi. All the Inter players ran towards Zanetti. Esteban Cambiasso hugged his great friend, patting him on the back.

When he handed the captain's armband over at full-time, Zanetti was almost overcome with emotion. He walked under the Nord, saluting the Interisti and beating the club crest on his chest. "It was a great feeling," he said before turning his thoughts to Moratti. "The bond between myself and the president goes way beyond our professional relationship. He deserves all the applause he gets for everything he's done for Inter and for what he and his family feel for the club. I dedicate this win to him and I’m going to give him my shirt."

It was a fitting gesture. The fan-owner. The kid from Krypton. What times they've had together. History-makers, the pair of them.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/calcioitaliano/id/211?cc=5901

zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:24 pm

Excellent article on a truly excellent player and athlete.

Remains an example to all footballers and athletes at large.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:59 pm

Really excited for Zanetti to retire, develop a cure for Cancer, and use part of the proceeds to buy Inter (with the remainder going to eradicate world hunger ofc)
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:14 pm

Swanhends wrote:Really excited for Zanetti to retire, develop a cure for Cancer, and use part of the proceeds to buy Inter (with the remainder going to eradicate world hunger ofc)
:bow:
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:21 pm

He should go back to his old club Banfield in 2014. They'll be in Primera next season.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:37 pm

danyjr wrote:He should go back to his old club Banfield in 2014. They'll be in Primera next season.
Blasphemy !! burn this man alive ffs
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:03 pm

Zanetti celebrating the holidays his way Proud
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:08 pm

danyjr wrote:He should go back to his old club Banfield in 2014. They'll be in Primera next season.

I hope it.

Legend , but we must look to the future ... this must be his last year to Inter...
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:28 pm

Zanetti is still great backup,I don't see any reason to rush his departure if he feels like playing.

Looking at overall player quality,he's better than any fullback we have.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:45 pm

?!?
have you seen the derby? we won after his replacement...he hasn't the run as before , infact he plays only in midfield ( what fullback? ) and he is inconsistent in that position.
Moreover we are talking about a player old 41 that had an  achilles tendon injury recently.
No reason to continue so.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:55 pm

I agree with Robes. Also something I said on chat the other day.

Zanetti is a legend and there is no denying that. But as fit as he is, he is not what he was few years ago. The tendon injury was horrible, but even before the injury for me he shouldn't have been starting as many games as he was.

You keep Zanetti as long as he thinks he can add to the team, which is more to do with his experience and guidance. He brings respect from the locker room and I don't think anyone in the locker room will ever tell him that it was his fault for something. That will never happen.

But think rationally if Zanetti really is better than Jonathan at RB? or Nagatomo at LB. Maybe he is a better defender than both of them but can he add what both the former can offensively? or can Zanetti work as hard as either to hold on to a lead till the very last minute?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Yeah his time is up as a starter, if you keep starting him you will just hold back the squad. It's better to let legends leave before they become a burden.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:19 pm

Robespierre wrote:?!?
have you seen the derby? we won after his replacement...he hasn't the run as before , infact he plays only in midfield ( what fullback? ) and he is inconsistent in that position.
Moreover we are talking about a player old 41 that had an  achilles tendon injury recently.

It was his which game after a six month injury?And in central midfield...We won because Kovacic went on,not because Zanetti went off.

As a fullback,Zanetti is easily better than both Nagatomo and Jonathan,realistically.The only reason why he shouldn't play is the fact both of them fit better in the current system,no sane coach would drop Zanetti in a 4 man defense in our current roster.

He is still very solid defensively,and can contribute greatly coming on when closing games,as well as fill holes in the squad when needed.Age is just a number,if he is physically capable I don't see any reason to drop him just because he will turn 41.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:56 pm

Vibe wrote:
Robespierre wrote:?!?

It was his which game after a six month injury?And in central midfield...We won because Kovacic went on,not because Zanetti went off.

As a fullback,Zanetti is easily better than both Nagatomo and Jonathan,realistically.The only reason why he shouldn't play is the fact both of them fit better in the current system,no sane coach would drop Zanetti in a 4 man defense in our current roster.

He is still very solid defensively,and can contribute greatly coming on when closing games,as well as fill holes in the squad when needed.Age is just a number,if he is physically capable I don't see any reason to drop him just because he will turn 41.

supposing that .... we play with 3-5-2 , our coach is Mazzarri.. so what?
however he is not what he was few years ago, the injury has simply worsened the situation ... football is not PS, if you are 41 shouldn't play in football .. which  positive contribution does he take in the field? .for me he  is not even very solid defensively as you say ...against Parma he has permitted to cross the Parma player (the 3-3) not opposing him..... about the offensive contribute it's useless to continue..

We are talking about a legend , an extraordinary player  I don't know if we will see  again another Zanetti for the professionalism and longevity ...a real example for young players also... but I think it's time to turn the page.

RealGunner wrote:I agree with Robes. Also something I said on chat the other day.

Zanetti is a legend and there is no denying that. But as fit as he is, he is not what he was few years ago. The tendon injury was horrible, but even before the injury for me he shouldn't have been starting as many games as he was.

You keep Zanetti as long as he thinks he can add to the team, which is more to do with his experience and guidance. He brings respect from the locker room and I don't think anyone in the locker room will ever tell him that it was his fault for something. That will never happen.

But think rationally if Zanetti really is better than Jonathan at RB? or Nagatomo at LB. Maybe he is a better defender than both of them but can he add what both the former can offensively? or can Zanetti work as hard as either to hold on to a lead till the very last minute?

Agree.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next