tahaa89
ErPupone
Brigate Rossonere
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
McLewis
34 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread

Post by flameas Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:34 am

Epoto wrote:
Firing zeman was pointless anyways

I disagree. He was WAY to stubborn. Always hes way, never the right way for the specific situation.

flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread

Post by ErPupone Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:10 pm

@dirocco. i think we have no choice but to leave one or two big money guys on the bench. in most cases i dont look at transfer fees to dictate who should play or not. my main point is this: we dont have the best selection of players to play a 4-2-3-1. it'sst my personal opinion and i hope i'm proven wrong. to pull off this formation, we can't just throw all our fire power on the pitch and expect goals and wins; we need transition players who will make properly timed runs on the counter, while tracking back awnd covering well. in spalletti's era we suceeded in large parts, aside from Totti, thanks to Pizarro playing as a regista (which could only be replicated by Pjanic) and workhorses like Taddei, Perrotta, Brighi and solid fullbacks like Panucci, Riise and heck even Cassetti. If Osvaldo is the center forward with Totti on the left, fine... but then you have to complete that front quartet with two between Florenzi, Perrotta or Marquinho.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:17 pm

sorry for some of the spelling errors, i'm on a cell.

to finish off my point, i think our main weakness is out wide. for this reason, i think we shoild play to our strengths and go with a 3 man backline. Then we could afford to play Pjanic, Totti, Osvaldo and maybe even Lamela all together.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:56 am

-----------------stek
------marcos-new cb-castan
vasilis---------pjanic--------balza/marq
-----------ddr---------florenzi
-----------------totti/bertolacci
---------------lamela/destro
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:31 pm

scratch so its Rudi Garcia , now im curious to know what formation he uses and if he use Totti as a starter . he used 4-3-3 & 4-2-3-1 at Lille

Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:27 am

The goalkeeping situation is a spot of bother right now. With Stek gone and Goico unlikely to be signed permanently, Lobont is now the acting keeper and will likely start the MLS All Star game unless we sign Rafael, whom we've had no contact with it turns out.

Torosidis can likely lock down a spot at RB as I feel he'll do well in Garcia's system.

As for defense, It's a 3-way tussle for 2 spots between 'Hos, Castan and Benatia from the looks of it. Totally fine with any combo of those 3. Think 'Hos/Benatia would probably work best.

On the left, maybe we'll see a revitalized Balza with Dodo likely to go on loan. Could possibly look at Lucas Digne of Lille as his understudy. Exciting young LB from what I've heard of him.

Whether Garcia goes with the 2-man pivot in the 4-2-3-1 or a 3-man crew in the midfield is interesting to ponder. High work rate is needed so I think that favors Bradley and possibly Nainggolan if we get him while adding DDR to make a 3-man midfield would be good, but would like graft. That's where I could see Garcia using Pjanic much like LE used him. Then there's Florenzi who will be something of a wildcard/x-factor.

Up front, where Totti will play is probably the biggest question mark outside of the goalkeeping position and that should worry just about everyone. Lamela's spot is basically his and then we have to see who we will get to replace Osvaldo as well as the target man.

So plenty of questions that Garcia will have to answer with his style and formation. Signings are the first priority to fill in some of this spots that will be vacant. Should be interesting to see what we look like for All-Star game at least.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:06 am

hmm where is julio sergio and what happened with curci? hmm
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:06 am

Curci may still be around, but I highly doubt Julio Sergio will be.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:45 pm

You guys are officially going to play a dutch style tiki taka now.... 433. You need fullbacks that overlap, De Rossi must stay and play DM, Bradley is in trouble because he's not technical enough unless De Rossi goes and.... Totti is officially the false 9.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:53 pm

sportsczy wrote:You guys are officially going to play a dutch style tiki taka now.... 433. You need fullbacks that overlap, De Rossi must stay and play DM, Bradley is in trouble because he's not technical enough unless De Rossi goes and.... Totti is officially the false 9.

So he uses a false 9? From everything I'm reading on Garcia, I'm coming to the conclusion that he's actually a balance between Enrique and Zeman. Overlapping full backs is something Zeman tried to implement but didn't have the players to do it; Balzaretti couldn't last 90 minutes, Dodo and Piris had difficulty grasping the concept. Then, on the other side of the spectrum, De Rossi and Totti, as you mention it, will be reverting back to their positions under Enrique.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:08 pm

He used Kalou as the CF this year who is no way a true 9. Even got him to score 16 goals which is a miracle Laughing ... but he can also get a CF to play very well in the system like he did with Sow. Garcia adapts. But looking at Roma's roster, it would make a whole lot of sense to put Totti at the false 9. He's older and cannot do everything that a wing player or a midfielder needs to do under Garcia's system...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iCLmCEOX004

live
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Mehdi Benatia on his versatility and mentality via Football-Italia wrote:“I’ve always played as a right-sided centre-back in a back-four, but I was also taught how to play in the back-three in Udine,” he continued. “I know how to adapt.
“Am I a hard defender? I’ve never been sent off in my career, even if I have been close a thousand times because a defender can’t just watch an opponent dribble past you.
“A defender has to attack, he has to frighten.”
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:08 pm

scratch anyone knows what is Roma's season objective ?
its frustrating , other teams are making good transfers and we didn't do much . i think we get more of the same as the previous years but im interested to know what the management will set as objective for Rudi Garcia's team
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Still got 2 full months left, brah.

Let's re-evaluate our transfer doings in late August. Plenty of time left.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:19 pm

X
Maicon-Benatia-Castan-Balza
DDR-Strootman
Pjanic
Lamela--------Gervinho
Totti
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:23 pm

Gervinho? I rahter have Marquinho playing there.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:36 pm

well he might not be the smartest but we need someone to score against teams in lower table , teams Roma always have problem against
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:30 am

Out of curiosity, what is likely to be Roma's starting midfield for the coming season?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:50 am

We're very likely looking at a Pjanic-De Rossi- Strootman midfield, with Florenzi and Bradley slipping in when needed.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:45 am

Can't say I like the sound of that.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:06 am

I think Bradley-DDR-Strootman with DDR being more of a DM and Pjanic to cover up for Bradley or Lamela or Totti
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:51 pm

If Pjanic subs Bradley, then he's as good as gone next summer.

Here's how we played against the MLS Allstars

De Sanctis

Torosidis Benatia Castan Balzaretti

Bradley Pjanic Strootman

Florenzi Tallo Totti

We then switched to something like this:

Lobont

Torosidis Benatia Castan Balzaretti

Bradley De Rossi Strootman

Caprari Totti Marquinho

Pjanic started off playing quite deep, with Bradley and Strootman often operating between the lines and making runs forward, as seen on our last goal.

Bradley could be swapped with De Rossi, who can play as a side-midfielder in this system. Keep in mind, his role under Zeman would have been completely different. With Zeman, his job would have been just to run from box to box, arrive late and not have many touches of the ball. With Garcia, he'll have a more Prandelli-esque role, rotating in that midfield triangle and seeing a lot more of the ball.

Basically with Pjanic De Rossi and Strootman, we've found that link between midfield in attack in the Dutchman. He has the physique to defend well and the touch to launch our wingers to great effect, that's something we were missing. He brings a touch of creativity without compromising on defensive duties. De Rossi will be there to protect the back 4, as he does, while Pjanic has to work on his ability to fill in the gaps (he has to take a page out of Perrotta's book) while helping Strootman control the pace of the game.

The problem now is lack of pace on the wings. Florenzi and Marquinho are good back up options, but we need a reliable starter. Lamela is not enough and I'm hoping that Gervinho could prove to be a smart move. Like I've said, I'd prefer Gomez, but we'll have to do with what we could get. I'm also hoping we could keep Caprari to adapt to that role, given that he has the speed.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:54 pm

well bradley is playing good football , Osvaldo is injured and might not stay , florenzi has been used in wide position ,i have a feeling Garcia wants to use Lamela as CF and not as winger
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:39 pm

I haven't watched Roma for a while. When I used to watch (regularly), I think Totti played TQ, SS or further upfront either alone or partnering someone.

Now it seems everyone (on this forum atleast) thinks or wants him to play as WF. Do you think he, speciall given his age, is best suited for such position! Don't you think it would have been better to twick the formation as play him as SS.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:31 am

He's suited to play anywhere up field, it's a question of getting the best out of the players around him. Play him as a false 9, LW, whatever you want, but it has to work for the others.

We have to look at our key players and find a way to use them together and at this point in time, those people are Totti, Strootman, Pjanic, Lamela and De Rossi.

Now we could top that off with Osvaldo to be a finisher, but we would have no pace and only slightly more creativity and toughness than last year through Strootman. Or we could finish that with Gervinho and shift one between Lamela and Totti to the middle, therefore injecting a lot of pace but losing out on having someone who has physique up front. Then we have the Florenzi wild card and the back up options of Bradley and Marquinho.

If the season would start today, we would be looking at this:

De Sanctis

Torosidis (Maicon) Benatia Castan Balzaretti

Pjanic (Bradley) De Rossi Strootman

Lamela (Florenzi) Osvaldo Totti (Gervinho)
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next