Has Javi "Sexilicious" Martinez Justified his €40 Million Price Tag?

+14
VivaStPauli
juventus101
Dnmac4
Zealous
danyjr
BarcaLearning
Swanhends
Bellabong
Toffer Harley
Kaladin
Die Borussen
Onyx
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Arquitecto
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Has Javi "Sexilicious" Martinez Justified his €40 Million Price Tag?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Javi "Sexilicious" Martinez Justified his €40 Million Price Tag?

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 13, 2021 4:23 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Basque bias aside, I've watched Bayern due to my fanship of Osram and of course, Javi Martinez who is the pride of Basque midfielders in Germany at the moment, especially given he was burdened a monster price tag. Has he performed? Within the season he has accrued 2 goals and 3 assists, which is irrelevant to judge a player in the deep position of his. Yet with Schweinsteiger, in where he has formed a near legendary partnership with already this season, he has been nothing short of outstanding. Completeness defines his performances whether his lethergic but cerebral defence, his passing and occasional dribbles within the box and his all around excellence in tight spaces as well. He has brought out the best in Schweinsteiger, with the latter bringing out the best in Javi himself. Spot on move by Osram in building the midfield around Javi in order to allow Schweinsteiger a free role and Kroos to work his magic in tighter areas. Tonight was another Javi performance in which he was tasked alongside Mueller to nullify Messi similar to Ambrosini & Muntari for Milan. It worked wonders in exposing Barca reliance on their False 9 at times to bail them out of situations which wouldn't be helped by Pedro and Asexis.

Moving on, I think Javi has justified every Euro of his price tag and has helped launch Bayern as two of the best teams in the world without a doubt. Exceeded even my expectations. And only at the age of 24, there is a long way to go.

Basque Proud

late reply but the answer is yes.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Has Javi "Sexilicious" Martinez Justified his €40 Million Price Tag?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Javi "Sexilicious" Martinez Justified his €40 Million Price Tag?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 13, 2021 7:35 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:This absolute legend is leaving us when the season ends

he owns 12 Lederhosen!
are they single use to him ? How are they cleaned anyways ?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 13, 2021 7:38 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

he owns 12 Lederhosen!

I have no idea, I've never had one and surely never will

He got so many apparently as he provided them for all his mates visiting for the Oktoberfest
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu May 13, 2021 7:40 pm

Not sure if there was any player who went from having a world class season and being fawned over to becoming irrelevant right after. I wouldn't be able to name a relevant thing he did post Jupp.

Injuries and moving to CB have obviously contributed, but he's moved under the radar for years.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 13, 2021 7:48 pm

Casciavit wrote:Not sure if there was any player who went from having a world class season and being fawned over to becoming irrelevant right after. I wouldn't be able to name a relevant thing he did post Jupp.

Injuries and moving to CB have obviously contributed, but he's moved under the radar for years.

He was a rather frequent starter for Pep as CB, also under Ancelotti, so far from irrelevant. He just became irrelevant in midfield, not for Bayern. He was arguably performing as a world class CB for a couple of seasons. The knee damage was a career ender though.
Like Thiago, he was ignored by the Spanish NT for playing in Germany though, because let's face it they are SANCHOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 13, 2021 8:27 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

he owns 12 Lederhosen!

He got so many apparently as he provided them for all his mates visiting for the Oktoberfest
What do you have against them ? When i went to oktoberfest i didnt buy one because I didn't want to feel silly but ended up feeling sillier for being the only ass not to wear it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 13, 2021 9:18 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote: are they single use to him ? How are they cleaned anyways ?

What do you have against them ? When i went to oktoberfest i didnt buy one because I didn't want to feel silly but ended up feeling sillier for being the only ass not to wear it.

Have nothing against them, but I'm obviously not going to dress up in some Bavarian folklore costume when I'm a Franconian
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2