REWB
Chumlum
Jay29
RealGunner
LeBéninois
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Would you buy Micha Richards if Sagna is to leave  Empty Would you buy Micha Richards if Sagna is to leave

Post by LeBéninois Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Micha Richards is on his way out of Mancherster City. The 24 years old price tag is around 15m . would you buy him ?
I would buy him even if sagna stays

Last edited by Bénin on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Would you buy Micha Richards if Sagna is to leave  Empty Re: Would you buy Micha Richards if Sagna is to leave

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:43 pm

I would
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Would you buy Micha Richards if Sagna is to leave  Empty Re: Would you buy Micha Richards if Sagna is to leave

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:48 pm

Depends if the injury has affected his explosiveness or not. Without that speed and power, he's nowhere near as good because he's pretty clueless tactically.

If he's still as quick and strong as ever then he'd be a good signing since we haven't got a defender like him.

He wouldn't be my first choice for a replacement right back, though. I'd prefer someone more effective going forward.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:49 pm

I've said here before that I'm in the camp that thinks that keeping Sagna is better than any (realistic) alternative. But if Sagna "has" to go, I do think that Micah Richards is a really decent option to compete/rotate with Jenkinson. He's not as good as Sagna but there are a lot of positives, including his ability to fill in as a 4th/5th choice CB. And he's a Gooner.

£15 million seems a little steep for a signing like this (it wouldn't be that much if he weren't British), but I can think of many worse people to replace Sagna, if indeed Sagna goes and Wenger brings in a senior player for the first team.

(Also, I see Jay's note about Richards' physical performance ... that's a very good point too.)
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:07 pm

Chumlum wrote:I've said here before that I'm in the camp that thinks that keeping Sagna is better than any (realistic) alternative. But if Sagna "has" to go, I do think that Micah Richards is a really decent option to compete/rotate with Jenkinson. He's not as good as Sagna but there are a lot of positives, including his ability to fill in as a 4th/5th choice CB. And he's a Gooner.

£15 million seems a little steep for a signing like this (it wouldn't be that much if he weren't British), but I can think of many worse people to replace Sagna, if indeed Sagna goes and Wenger brings in a senior player for the first team.

(Also, I see Jay's note about Richards' physical performance ... that's a very good point too.)

how do you know this?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:11 pm

I thought it was common knowledge - if you Google "Micah Richards Gooner" you'll see various references. I don't know enough about Richards' personal life to corroborate but over the years I've just come across lots of casual mentions of who he grew up supporting.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:12 pm

Yea Richards is a boyhood Arsenal fan
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:12 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Depends if the injury has affected his explosiveness or not. Without that speed and power, he's nowhere near as good because he's pretty clueless tactically.

If he's still as quick and strong as ever then he'd be a good signing since we haven't got a defender like him.

He wouldn't be my first choice for a replacement right back, though. I'd prefer someone more effective going forward.

Pretty good reasoning.

I was thinking of buying him as a CB. What do you think ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:20 pm

I've had my reservations about him as a centre back, especially when Pearce loved using him there for England U21s. I don't want to call him stupid, but his positioning and decision making at times was Vermaelen-esque so I'd be hesitant play him at centre back, at least consistently. As a possible 3rd/4th choice and alongside an intelligent defender like Mertesacker or Koscielny I wouldn't mind, but I believe right back to be his best position; that's where he had best spell as a City player before he got injured, anyway.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:25 pm

Yeah without doubt, he's a good rightback and would rotate well with Jenkinson.

Would also add to depth at CB. I agree he is clueless with his positioning at times, but he his athleticism and strength would be extremely useful against bullish teams.

I don't see City selling him to us though...
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:26 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

I'd argue Richards pre injury was pretty effective going forward, probably more effective than any RB you have had since Lauren.

Defensively he's not anything right home about though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:29 pm

Amar wrote:Yeah without doubt, he's a good rightback and would rotate well with Jenkinson.

Would also add to depth at CB. I agree he is clueless with his positioning at times, but he his athleticism and strength would be extremely useful against bullish teams.

I don't see City selling him to us though...

We have fed City many times , they better let us M.Richards if we make an offer.

I agree with the points above. also 15m might be too much but he's still 24 .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:32 pm

It's been so long since I've seen Richards in action that I don't actually remember how good/bad he was going forward, to be honest. I remember him being an effective ball carrier but not particularly good at crossing, which is pretty much what I want from a new right back.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:34 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

I'd argue Richards pre injury was pretty effective going forward, probably more effective than any RB you have had since Lauren.

Defensively he's not anything right home about though.

Are they many defenders who are great both offensively AND defensively ? not that much imo. so it's depends of what you need i basically.
I like Micha richards Strength and explosiveness , could help us.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:50 pm

Micah is pretty good going forward. bit like yaya when he runs with the ball.

Defensively i am not sure how sound he is.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:12 am

YES!
been considering it for 3-4 years lol

but 15M too much+not the same player without physical prowess
important factor
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:16 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:It's been so long since I've seen Richards in action that I don't actually remember how good/bad he was going forward, to be honest. I remember him being an effective ball carrier but not particularly good at crossing, which is pretty much what I want from a new right back.

Oh right, yeah he would usually drive into the box and cut it back rather than cross.

Which can be just as effective tbf but if you are looking for a good crosser than i suppose he wouldn't be the answer.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:14 am

yes.. it is his strength and attacking qualities which make him a good player.. i would still prefer Jenkinson.. who will be completely better than him after one full season..
may sign as backup... but 15 million is too high.. may be 8-10m at the most..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:35 am

Wilson37 wrote:yes.. it is his strength and attacking qualities which make him a good player.. i would still prefer Jenkinson.. who will be completely better than him after one full season..
may sign as backup... but 15 million is too high.. may be 8-10m at the most..

we won't sign a 24 years old as back up for a 21 (?) years old player especially when his price tag is around 12-15 millions.

anyways, Jenkison is probably our LB for the next 4-5 years at least imo
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:02 am

I would take him if Sagna was definitely leaving yes
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:20 pm

I would rather promote Bellerin tbh, or buy an experienced RB, someone who can do a job till Bellerin & Jenkinson are ready, so no I wouldn't like us to sign him especially at that price.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:58 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I would rather promote Bellerin tbh, or buy an experienced RB, someone who can do a job till Bellerin & Jenkinson are ready, so no I wouldn't like us to sign him especially at that price.

That SOUNDS like a good idea until 21 year old Jenkinson gets injured and we have to play no experience Bellerin against Chelsea, Manchester City, and the Champions League.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:05 pm

Good athlete but an average defender, also we can't afford to pay him whatever is getting at City
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Ali"The Superman"8775 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:I would rather promote Bellerin tbh, or buy an experienced RB, someone who can do a job till Bellerin & Jenkinson are ready, so no I wouldn't like us to sign him especially at that price.

That SOUNDS like a good idea until 21 year old Jenkinson gets injured and we have to play no experience Bellerin against Chelsea, Manchester City, and the Champions League.

That's why I prefer to keep Sagna or sign an experienced RB. Micah isn't even that good, headless chicken like Vermaelen.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:31 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Ali"The Superman"8775 wrote:

That's why I prefer to keep Sagna or sign an experienced RB. Micah isn't even that good, headless chicken like Vermaelen.

Vermaleen , how the mighty has fallen
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum