flameas
McLewis
Lupi
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Roma’s coaching conundrum - Page 4 Empty Re: Roma’s coaching conundrum

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Deschamps in his press conference for the France NT tomorrow said that Blanc to Roma is almost done.

You'll get a lot of people who don't like him out there... i personally like him. Very pragmatic. He will utilize the tactic that can get the best result from the squad. He's not married to one way of playing.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:57 am

Reports emanating that Blanc could be announced tonight, but it's highly likely that it will happen tomorrow as a meeting between Palotta (via video conference), Fenucci, Baldini and Sabatini will be held at Trigoria to discuss when to have him take over.

Official terms are $2 million per annum for 2 years. Former Parma, Samp and Napoli player Alain Boghossian is tapped ahead of Vincent Candela as his assistant. Blanc's assistant at Bordeaux, Jean-Louis Gasset, is also in the frame to join him in Rome. Candela isn't completely ruled out and could still have some role in the technical staff.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:13 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/euro-2012/9310440/Euro-2012-France-coach-Laurent-Blanc-brings-unity-to-an-exciting-squad.html

patrick viera talks about blanc
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:59 pm

seemingly Blanc is not their first option , and they are talking with rudi Garcia and Mancini as Mancini agreed to get wage cut to 4.5m/5m scratch
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:32 pm

Epoto wrote:seemingly Blanc is not their first option , and they are talking with rudi Garcia and Mancini as Mancini agreed to get wage cut to 4.5m/5m scratch

The Mancini bit doesn't make much sense. Bielsa asked for 4m and they balked at him, but Mancio is willing to go down a mere 500K to 4.5 and they're interested?

taking that with copious grains of salt.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:07 pm

they wanted an Italian but i wouldn't bank on that either , my bet is on rudi Garcia (Who is he?) because he is cheaper (Read more enthusiastic)
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:19 pm

Garcia did wonders with Lille, winning the Ligue 1 in 2011. Otherwise quite unexperienced
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:59 pm

Rudi Garcia is a decent coach tbh and one that can probably grow with Roma. Not exactly what we need right now though unless he has the personality to asset himself into a tough and volatile environment like this.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:54 pm

I Love Roma but once you don't get lesson from ur failures , You will fail again by repeating them and that exactly comes with Rudi Garcia , LE N2 . and Now we have Sabatini (I personally want him out ) and the only way that happens is by appointing Mancio because he will demand to be (English Style ) Manager , putting Sabatini in the shadow and he cant take that and he might leave as well .
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:15 pm

I really don't want Sabatini out. He just needs to be put in his place. He is not capable of doing what Baldini was able to do because he lacks tact or diplomacy. He's a scout and has an incredible eye for talent. We should continue using him that capacity. I just don't think he's capable of the position he now has himself in. And paired with a guy in Zanzi who knows very little about football management and transfers work...this is going to be some summer.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:11 pm

http://www.forzaroma.info/2013/06/07/panchina-roma-potrebbe-arrivare-un-mister-x-diverso-dai-nomi-gia-fatti/229246

MR X , I say its Spaletti smoking

Blanc is the manager of R.Sociedad
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:15 pm

Just what we don't need. Laughing
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:17 pm

UPDATE:

- Vocegiallorossa.it puts the announcement of Roma's next coach as sometime mid-next week.

- Sabatini has confirmed that the new coach will very likely be foreign, ruling out Roberto Mancini, who is favored by the American Leadership and major shareholder Unicredit - Gianluca Di Marzio

- Di Marzio also reports that a new face has been linked with Roma and its former Paraguay and current Newell's Old Boys coach Gerardo "Tata" Martino. This comes in light of reports that there will be delays in time for Rudi Garcia to settle his contract situation with Lille and free himself up for Roma.

- ANSA Reporting that Rudi Garcia will not be on the Lille bench next season, further fueling possibilities that he will join Roma.

- Sabatini still has his eye on Marcelo Bielsa and Roberto Mancini as alternatives as though he likes Garcia, his lack of Serie A experience appears to be the sticking point. A salary of 1.4m with 1.2m additionally in bonuses is being pondered. - Sky Sport

- Roma have also categorically denied that Sabatini has resigned via their official twitter account. This was in response to a report by Sky Sports that alleged that Sabatini would resign if the American leadership and Unicredit chose Mancini over one of his choices.

- Multiple Spanish sources reported that Laurent Blanc is set to take over at Real Sociedad under a 2-year deal, ruling him out of the running officially for the Roma job, but now there's news that Jagoba Arrasate has been named the new Sociedad coach instead, putting Blanc back in the running, but with Roma unconvinced by him, he remains a distant choice.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:06 pm

I would take Black over those others anytime. Balanced, experienced, his teams have good morale and work rate, isnt a laziale..
Garcia is too much of a gamble. We cant take that gamble for the third year in a row. Id even take Ranieri back.. but he is bagging some money at monaco sadly
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:38 am

scratch so Sky said if Mancini become the manager sabatini would resign , then what exactly Roma denied here ?
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:45 am

McLewis wrote:UPDATE:

- Di Marzio also reports that a new face has been linked with Roma and its former Paraguay and current Newell's Old Boys coach Gerardo "Tata" Martino. This comes in light of reports that there will be delays in time for Rudi Garcia to settle his contract situation with Lille and free himself up for Roma.

Gerardo 'El Tata' Martino.

Dear me , No European experience let alone Italy ..... :facepalm:

would love to know what does Totti think about this mess
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:53 am

reports say Roma have reached agreement with Garcia in Barcelona for two years , guess what , his playing style attacking and direct , his team lose the lead often , isn't that familiar ?

I hope it just a media B.S , Sabatini cant be that stupid , can he?
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:20 am

Nah, sounds like Garcia's our man.

Like I said though....he can't be or do any worse than LE, who came into roughly the same environment with the same lack of experience. So worst case scenario is that we finish 6th again.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:23 pm

Garcia has a lot more experience than LE. Won Ligue 1, won French Cup and played CL for 3 straight years despite losing all his best players every year almost. Lost Rami, Cabaye and Gervinho after one year... then Hazard, Sow and Landreau... then Debuchy and Joe Cole this past year.

Plays very attractive footy and wins. Issue is that he's a tiki taka coach and you can't have massive turnover because players have to learn the system.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:Garcia has a lot more experience than LE. Won Ligue 1, won French Cup and played CL for 3 straight years despite losing all his best players every year almost. Lost Rami, Cabaye and Gervinho after one year... then Hazard, Sow and Landreau... then Debuchy and Joe Cole this past year.

Plays very attractive footy and wins. Issue is that he's a tiki taka coach and you can't have massive turnover because players have to learn the system.
sportsczy wrote:Garcia has a lot more experience than LE. Won Ligue 1, won French Cup and played CL for 3 straight years despite losing all his best players every year almost. Lost Rami, Cabaye and Gervinho after one year... then Hazard, Sow and Landreau... then Debuchy and Joe Cole this past year.

:facepalm:

I don't doubt the coach's abilities, I'm sure he's very good. But he's not what we need right now, we need someone who has experience as a coach in Italy (because I would've said the same thing about Blanc, Rijkaard, etc) so he could be ready to clean the place out from day 1 and have enough credibility to make decisions regarding the whole club. Garcia is going to need even more time and therefore bringing on even more pressure from the fans.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:53 pm

tbh, it's we're not talking years here... typically, Lille struggled for about the 10 weeks because of the new players learning the system... and then they typically crushed it afterwards. The problem the last 2 years was that PSG (with Montpellier one year) were just too good and got too big of a lead for them to get into the title hunt.

Personally, Garcia is my favorite french coach after Wenger. He has that kind of potential. I actually wanted him to be NT coach rather than Deschamps.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:36 pm

Like I've been saying...Garcia can't possibly be any worse than LE or Zeman/AA.

The bench mark is 6th place. If a former b-team coach with no Serie A experience can get us there. So can a former Ligue 1 winner with no Serie A experience. It's getting us above 6th that will prove tricky for Garcia and it's that reason why Roma fans are not feeling him.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:42 pm

the squad is way too static for Garcia's play and we get the same story , and by that i mean not Totti but even Lamela is too static for Garcia's play , just watched Lille highlight and id say it is going to be a bumpy road
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:05 pm

Yeah... i mean players are going to need to be constantly active and run. This is total football. Everyone attacks and everyone defends. Garcia won't allow for anyone to jog around.

I assume Roma management know this because otherwise hiring Garcia is a waste of time... you either support the style he implements or you just don't hire him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:38 am

Garcia has reportedly flown to New York, where Roma's leadership has been meeting and has signed on as Roma boss.

He's to be presented officially on Thursday.

Source: Francesco Balzani
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:31 pm

Sky Sport , Garcia signed a 2 years contract in New York
Lupi
Lupi