flameas
McLewis
Lupi
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Roma’s coaching conundrum - Page 2 Empty Re: Roma’s coaching conundrum

Post by Lupi Sat May 25, 2013 2:19 pm

well Allegry said he considers getting a year of if Milan wont announce him name as their manager :brickwall:

Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue May 28, 2013 10:19 am

Mancini: 'I'd take Roma job'
By Football Italia staff

Roberto Mancini has admitted he’d be “ready” to take the Roma job despite his past at Lazio. “I don’t rule anything out.”

Manchester City fans today bought a full page ad in La Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper to salute the sacked manager.

He is now available and reports have emerged he’s on the shortlist for the Roma bench, as difficulties continue with first choice Massimiliano Allegri at Milan.

“Would I accept the Roma post? I am a professional and I’m ready to work anywhere,” Mancini told Sky Sport Italia.

“I don’t rule anything out. Will I return to Italy? I don’t know, it’s too early to say.”

Roma fans would not be happy with Mancio’s arrival, as he was with their arch rivals Lazio as a player from 1997-00 and then a Coach from 2002-04.

Other alternatives for the Giallorossi include Laurent Blanc, Marcelo Bielsa and Roberto Martinez, who this afternoon announced he is leaving Wigan Athletic.

---------------

Mancio Laughing....pls go...on so many levels.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Tue May 28, 2013 10:22 am

At least he is Italian...but yeah, a laziale and cant do shit in europe..
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue May 28, 2013 5:54 pm

After reading that about Mancini i said , No way after his episode with Tevez & Balo ,i don't think he can be a strong character that suits Roma but after ive read Donadoni assistant said that Donadoni is contacted by AS Roma to take the job , now i tend to be on Mancini's side than donadoni .

Its getting really ugly , we are on the verge of third year without any European game and atmosphere close to a pressure cooker that can easily ruin reputation of any manager and Managing for us considered a risky job for them top ones even if we had enough money for them anyways , We cant risk further more ....
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue May 28, 2013 6:08 pm

McLewis wrote:

Other alternatives for the Giallorossi include Laurent Blanc, Marcelo Bielsa and Roberto Martinez, who this afternoon announced he is leaving Wigan Athletic.

---------------

who that ?
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue May 28, 2013 7:44 pm

Epoto wrote:After reading that about Mancini i said , No way after his episode with Tevez & Balo ,i don't think he can be a strong character that suits Roma but after ive read Donadoni assistant said that Donadoni is contacted by AS Roma to take the job , now i tend to be on Mancini's side than donadoni .

Its getting really ugly , we are on the verge of third year without any European game and atmosphere close to a pressure cooker that can easily ruin reputation of any manager and Managing for us considered a risky job for them top ones even if we had enough money for them anyways , We cant risk further more ....

Yeah I hear that. Neither Mancio nor Donadoni are it. I would still prefer Pioli or Guidolin as well as Allegri, but it looks more and more like we might just go outside of Italy for a manager again. Bielsa would whip these guys into shape, but I don't see us winning much with him either. Martinez would be a straight risk considering he's never coached in Italy before.

Epoto wrote:
McLewis wrote:

---------------

who that ?

He was Wigan's coach. Decent manager, but presided over their relegation, which has hampered his reputation. Not what we needed.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue May 28, 2013 9:42 pm

Looks like it's still Allegri we're working towards. Milan will make their decision on his future thursday so that will go some way towards telling us where he will end up.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue May 28, 2013 9:59 pm

Even though I have heard rumours that Roma are growing impatient over the Allegri situation, I can't imagine why the club wouldn't be willing to wait just a week to get a manager who would be perfect for instilling the discipline in a squad that has been lacking for so long. I'm convinced that Allegri would take Roma closer to Champions League qualification than any other coach available. I'm still clinging on to the hope that we will retain him, simply because the issue is dragging on - I had previously lost all hope - however if he does leave and decides to take on another team, I think he would excel at Roma. One couldn't expect the free flowing football of Zeman, however Allegri is pragmatic, an overall positive manager, instils great discipline and is fantastic from an organisational point of view. He gets more out of a squad than is present simply on paper; with a team with the talent that Roma has that he has been crying out for in our transfers we will a team that pleases whilst getting results. In the dressing room he has shown himself to be capable of encouraging, disciplining and supporting both young and old, wayward and steadfast. If you get Allegri and we get Seedorf, you'll finish ahead of us next season unless we see a miracle in our transfer market.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue May 28, 2013 10:30 pm

McLewis wrote:Looks like it's still Allegri we're working towards. Milan will make their decision on his future thursday so that will go some way towards telling us where he will end up.

Considering how often the "ownership" took shots at Allegri all season long I'd tell Berlusconi to take his job and shove it up his Twisted Evil

I would love for him to end up at Roma, and just laugh at the impending implosion of Milan due to losing the one coach that had a pretty good handle on the "Balotelli" situation.

Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed May 29, 2013 11:26 am

dostoevsky wrote:Even though I have heard rumours that Roma are growing impatient over the Allegri situation, I can't imagine why the club wouldn't be willing to wait just a week to get a manager who would be perfect for instilling the discipline in a squad that has been lacking for so long. I'm convinced that Allegri would take Roma closer to Champions League qualification than any other coach available. I'm still clinging on to the hope that we will retain him, simply because the issue is dragging on - I had previously lost all hope - however if he does leave and decides to take on another team, I think he would excel at Roma. One couldn't expect the free flowing football of Zeman, however Allegri is pragmatic, an overall positive manager, instils great discipline and is fantastic from an organisational point of view. He gets more out of a squad than is present simply on paper; with a team with the talent that Roma has that he has been crying out for in our transfers we will a team that pleases whilst getting results. In the dressing room he has shown himself to be capable of encouraging, disciplining and supporting both young and old, wayward and steadfast. If you get Allegri and we get Seedorf, you'll finish ahead of us next season unless we see a miracle in our transfer market.

Agreed. The only thing that worries me about Allegri is that he sometimes make some crazy, stupid decisions that I cannot make any sense of. But hey, I'll take it.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed May 29, 2013 1:57 pm

Yeah seconded, Mike.

All of these other names just aren't cutting it and those aren't even the coach I think we should be linked with.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Wed May 29, 2013 3:09 pm

yes, those other names are pathetic.. donadoni ffs
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu May 30, 2013 9:56 am

I have two questions for you guys:

1. It seems there is a serious effort to get Allegri. But what would be his motivation! He will be in CL with Milan. While at Roma he will be pretty hard-pressed to qualify for next years CL.

2. Who would you prefer as Roma manager! Someone you can stick with.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu May 30, 2013 10:22 am

Guidolin is great, but will stay with Udinese forever unless he was offered Sheikh money
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu May 30, 2013 10:47 am

I maintain that Guidolin would be a better fit than Allegri. He don't take no shit and knows how to tactically set up young teams, as we've seen with Udinese.

Seeing as he really doesn't seem interested though, it's still likely to be Allegri.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu May 30, 2013 11:38 am

iftikhar wrote:I have two questions for you guys:

1. It seems there is a serious effort to get Allegri. But what would be his motivation! He will be in CL with Milan. While at Roma he will be pretty hard-pressed to qualify for next years CL.

2. Who would you prefer as Roma manager! Someone you can stick with.

1. His motivation is to get the hell away from Berlusconi, that's it. He's currently not able to work calmly, as he has a president waiting for him to make a little mistake to call him out. With us, he'll be under heavy pressure from the fans, but I believe management will support him in Luis Enrique fashion.

2. Mazzarri, but that ship has sailed. Allegri is somewhere on the list after that. My two wildcards are Panucci and De Rossi, but that would be contradictory to my calls for an experienced manager.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu May 30, 2013 7:13 pm

Guidolin would officially be my pick.

As for Allegri? What Mike said about covers it though I'd like to think a project like this with such a talented young team might entice him as well. Could be shades of an Italian Klopp of sorts.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu May 30, 2013 7:47 pm

Guidolin is awesome. Should be your #1 target. He's great with youth as he's shown plenty of time with Udine.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu May 30, 2013 8:29 pm

Roma agree terms with Allegri then

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/05/ac-milan-coach-agrees-roma-deal/

As expected.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu May 30, 2013 8:37 pm

I'm hearing that there's going to be another meeting next week,with Silvio included this time. :brickwall:

It's quite obvious Allegri is waiting to get fired so he can get a pay off. Rolling Eyes

I say *bleep* this and lets make a move for Guidolin instead..
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu May 30, 2013 8:52 pm

Wouldn't hate that one bit as he's my #1 choice, but it will take some prying to get him away from Pozzo in Udine.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu May 30, 2013 10:39 pm

At this point im afraid we end up with Panucci or stramm or managers in that category . Allegry clearly prefers Ac Milan and im thinking berlesconi wants to frustrate him to pay him less
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri May 31, 2013 7:44 pm

Roma have Allegri plan B
By Football Italia staff

Roma have drawn up a list of names they will approach if Massimiliano Allegri stays at Milan.

The Rossoneri Coach has been linked with a move to the capital club in recent weeks, but his future has remained uncertain following reports that a meeting between the tactician and Silvio Berlusconi has been pushed back until next week.

And according to Corriere dello Sport, if the 45-year-old does end up staying at San Siro, they will try and approach a host of other Coaches for the top job at Stadio Olimpico.

The paper believes that Athletic Bilbao's Marcelo Bielsa, Laurent Blanc, Roberto Mancini and Christian Panucci could all be interviewed for the post.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri May 31, 2013 8:12 pm

hmm my choice would be between blanc and bielsa within those 4 , moe inclined toward Blanc as i think he can manage to bring more discipline into club . I think its safe to say that Bielsa is "Mild Zeman"
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri May 31, 2013 8:44 pm

FFS, fans are already saying that we're being run by a management team of Laziali, imagine if we get Mancini.

I get the impression that Allegri would want to join us, but is willing to remain if Galliani convinces Berlusconi. It's a complicated resignation process indeed.

In the event that we don't get him, Blanc has basically called on us today, saying he would love to join us. If all else fails, I want a Roman or someone who has a Roma past. Basically, De Rossi, Panucci or Giannini.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri May 31, 2013 8:46 pm

PS- We still have Zeman under contract...
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next