Rooney: SAF inspires me

3 posters

Go down

Rooney: SAF inspires me Empty Rooney: SAF inspires me

Post by jibers Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Wayne Rooney has heaped praised on Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson for helping to lift the squad after last season's dramatic climax, which saw rivals Manchester City win the title in the closing seconds of the campaign.

This season, Sir Alex's side have proven to be the dominant force in the Premier League, which is reflected in their 12-point advantage over second placed Manchester City.

Rooney - who as Goal.com exclusively revealed last month has admitted to team-mates he could leave the club in the summer - believes that his boss deserves the credit for United's position at the top of the table because his man-management skills have such a positive impact on the squad.

He told the Times of India: "We have regular team meetings and he speaks to a lot of players individually too. And his team-talks are brilliant. They really inspire you. It doesn’t matter that we might be a few points clear, he never lets you feel like that before a match because he wants us to keep going.

"The important thing is to go out and play each game with a positive attitude. We have to stay focused. We have to make sure we keep doing our job and keep our concentration."

The 27-year-old added: "It’s a great position to be in but nothing is over yet. We’ve just kept plugging away and have been getting results and thankfully the other teams have dropped points. But we have to keep things going, keep pushing on and working hard to make sure that gap stays as big as possible. It’s going to be a big few weeks for us now.

"Of course, to lose the league in the last second last season was bad. But when you are at a club like United, you have to be full of motivation and desire to win every year. That comes from the manager."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2013/04/13/3899660/rooney-sir-alex-ferguson-inspires-me

I would believe that if your conditioning was better than that of a 70 year old prostitutes.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Rooney: SAF inspires me Empty Re: Rooney: SAF inspires me

Post by RED Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:20 pm

LMFAO jibers rofl

He does look like he just strolls about on the pitch at times. I really miss that young hustle and bustle hungry Rooney. Looks like he just goes through the motions now, with the occasional 1 great game in 10.

He is the defintion of inconsistent.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:34 pm

RED wrote:LMFAO jibers rofl

He does look like he just strolls about on the pitch at times. I really miss that young hustle and bustle hungry Rooney. Looks like he just goes through the motions now, with the occasional 1 great game in 10.

Mate it's because he doesn't look after himself. My mate saw him on a night out in Manchester getting smashed. he smokes regularly. Look he held the club to ransom for £250k a ****ing week. The least he could do is take care of his body. I mean people can say crap about CR7 but the guy is one of the best professionals I have ever seen.

Rooney has more talent than Ronaldo and when they both joined Rooney was better. Ronaldo worked his arse off and look at the level he reached. Rooney will never fulfill his potential and if a good enough offer comes I hope we selll his fat arse tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:41 pm

The Ostracised One wrote:

Mate it's because he doesn't look after himself. My mate saw him on a night out in Manchester getting smashed. he smokes regularly. Look he held the club to ransom for £250k a ****ing week. The least he could do is take care of his body. I mean people can say crap about CR7 but the guy is one of the best professionals I have ever seen.

Rooney has more talent than Ronaldo and when they both joined Rooney was better. Ronaldo worked his arse off and look at the level he reached. Rooney will never fulfill his potential and if a good enough offer comes I hope we selll his fat arse tbh.

That's deep. Makes me kinda sad thinking just how good rooney could have been. He is still brilliant, but it comes in spurts. Just look how influential he was in our derby win at the Etihad...he was unplayable....then he plays the worst game of his career v Swansea a few weeks later.

He's built on the plus side. So any food he consumes takes a while to burn away. You're right in that respect. That's why he always takes a while to get match fit after his summer holidays.

His pace has all but gone.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:26 pm

RED wrote:

That's deep. Makes me kinda sad thinking just how good rooney could have been. He is still brilliant, but it comes in spurts. Just look how influential he was in our derby win at the Etihad...he was unplayable....then he plays the worst game of his career v Swansea a few weeks later.

He's built on the plus side. So any food he consumes takes a while to burn away. You're right in that respect. That's why he always takes a while to get match fit after his summer holidays.

His pace has all but gone.

Yea thinking of what he could have been makes me mad. It is what it is.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AlinJ92 Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:30 pm

He's blown the chance to be remembered as a true great. He *bleep* up with a lot of fans when he handed in that transfer request, he's always inconsistent (a paradox here: he's consistent in being inconsistent) and, atm, he plays like he doesn't give a flying *bleep* about the team. He must wake up and shape up. We have a saying in my country: "Good cheese in a dog's bellows.".
AlinJ92
AlinJ92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:05 am

AlinJ92 wrote:He's blown the chance to be remembered as a true great. He *bleep* up with a lot of fans when he handed in that transfer request, he's always inconsistent (a paradox here: he's consistent in being inconsistent) and, atm, he plays like he doesn't give a flying *bleep* about the team. He must wake up and shape up. We have a saying in my country: "Good cheese in a dog's bellows.".

That time has past to be honest. He has lost his explosiveness, his shooting range and his lack of looking after hiself has left him short of pace.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AlinJ92 Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:14 am

AlinJ92 wrote:He's blown the chance to be remembered as a true great. He *bleep* up with a lot of fans when he handed in that transfer request, he's always inconsistent (a paradox here: he's consistent in being inconsistent) and, atm, he plays like he doesn't give a flying *bleep* about the team. He must wake up and shape up. We have a saying in my country: "Good cheese in a dog's bellows.".

That time has past to be honest. He has lost his explosiveness, his shooting range and his lack of looking after hiself has left him short of pace.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy. Always have, always will, but I'm frustrated when I think that three or four years ago he was compared to Messi and Ronaldo and that he hasn't achieved a thing with England.
AlinJ92
AlinJ92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:23 am

AlinJ92 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy. Always have, always will, but I'm frustrated when I think that three or four years ago he was compared to Messi and Ronaldo and that he hasn't achieved a thing with England.

England is here nor there. Even Scholes didn't do well. My problem is his conditioning and the lack of discipline he has. Look @ Giggs ffs. He is 40 and is in better shape than Rooney!
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AlinJ92 Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:04 am

AlinJ92 wrote:

England is here nor there. Even Scholes didn't do well. My problem is his conditioning and the lack of discipline he has. Look @ Giggs ffs. He is 40 and is in better shape than Rooney!

I agree. At 40, Rooney will weigh 130 kg.
AlinJ92
AlinJ92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down