Lex
REWB
Sushi Master
Die Borussen
danyjr
45 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Give the Cup to Bayern Already - Page 2 Empty Re: Give the Cup to Bayern Already

Post by Toffer Harley Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:09 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:They are.... Barca, Dortmund and Madrid are not brushing everyone aside with an iron fist like Bayern are.
Lost to Arsenal at home lol.

because they can.

Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Give the Cup to Bayern Already - Page 2 Empty Re: Give the Cup to Bayern Already

Post by danyjr Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:22 am

futbol wrote:Bayern won't win it. It almost never works like that. Teams looking the most convincing early on tend to crash out in the latter stages while other favourites which scrap through in the early stages suddenly come to life when it matters. Remember Germany 2010? Same hype. Or Italy last year after the semis? I bet everything on Bayern not winning it tbh.
Early on? We're in semi finals. The truth with Bayern is they are not just rated highly because they can score goals but they are also very balanced and defend well too. . They're easily brushing past everybody they've come up against and as mentioned their Bundesliga form should speak for itslef. Almost like Barcelona of a few of years.
That loss to Arsenal was due to them having won the away game. They barely switched gears in the second leg.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:46 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:people are forgetting that Germans are one of the biggest chokers in football.

You are young, aren't you?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:09 am

futbol wrote:Bayern won't win it. It almost never works like that. Teams looking the most convincing early on tend to crash out in the latter stages while other favourites which scrap through in the early stages suddenly come to life when it matters. Remember Germany 2010? Same hype. Or Italy last year after the semis? I would bet everything on Bayern not winning it tbh.

Exactly. Madrid will win it.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:17 am

lol mamad

Bayern is definately the team to beat but I think Dortmund are well equipped to beat them because they have met so many times so if i was a bayern fan I would hope we got one of the spanish teams probably Madrid because getting Barca would be very tough without seeing posession
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:19 am

They are the most inform team, but CL needs a lot of luck to win it.
They are the favourites, but we can't rule out Barça or Madrid. Hope we can pick up our form and prove we are the best team in Europe, which I believe we are.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:43 am

"Give the Cup to Bayern Already" - what they said before last year's final. :coffee:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:44 am

VivaStPauli wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:people are forgetting that Germans are one of the biggest chokers in football.

You are young, aren't you?
How is that even relevant?

Yes, the period of 1950-1996 was one of the most majestic eras in German football but even that is filled with numerous bottled up opportunities and the past 16-17 years have just invigorated that fact. In the past decade, German NT or any German club has won absolutely zilch inspite of having come so close to winning. I know it's difficult to endure this fact since you're a German (I'm guessing from your nationality specified) but that is the crude reality mate.

Again, I'm not saying that Bayern can't win; they can, but considering them as head and shoulders favorites above Madrid and Barca is blasphemy.

Last edited by ExtremistEnigma on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:52 am

@saveusdimatteo
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:10 am

Team of the year by a fair margin for me.They'll win the whole thing as well,there's actually no doubt in my mind now.Nothing to do with those stupid jinxes ,i'm giving my honest opinion here.

PS.Seriously those people slagging off Schweinsteiger not too long ago i bet are eating their words right now.He looks his dominant self now again after having an injury ravaged last season which caused a dip in form in the subsequent EURO campaign as well.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:59 am

ffs give Bayern the next 3 CLs
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:45 pm

TBH, I'm enjoying the underdog status barca currently have.

For the past 4 years, we have gone into every single game as favorites and its gonna be interesting to see what happens from now.

I hope we manage to pull off an upset in the semis. Very Happy
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:50 pm

Surag wrote:Team of the year by a fair margin for me.They'll win the whole thing as well,there's actually no doubt in my mind now.Nothing to do with those stupid jinxes ,i'm giving my honest opinion here.

PS.Seriously those people slagging off Schweinsteiger not too long ago i bet are eating their words right now.He looks his dominant self now again after having an injury ravaged last season which caused a dip in form in the subsequent EURO campaign as well.
cause that will make your encounter with them feel less painful right? since you supposedly lost to the ''team of the year by a fair margin''
lmao Very Happy

barca will rape them, real madrid are pretty much equal, and dortmund has a decent record against them so rulling them out if they draw bayern doesn't sound right.

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:58 pm

If Bayern play at their best they really are fearsome this season... but always confident if Barca save them, as soon as long get the keep the ball successfully we will win. But they pressure so much and counter so fast this season, im nto so sure anymore. Together with the fact that I Thought we were poor vs PGS, its worrying... I still hope that we drew Dortmund for semis and than meet Bayern in the dream final Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:06 pm

gondov wrote:

rofl pls go

We are the ones who haven't proven anything so we will be the underdogs no matter what team we meet. I hope we have what it takes to scrape through Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:08 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
gondov wrote:

rofl pls go

We are the ones who haven't proven anything so we will be the underdogs no matter what team we meet. I hope we have what it takes to scrape through Proud
pls go hala, never underdogs, always superior smoking

dortmund are slightly underdogs

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:11 pm

gondov wrote:
TBH, I'm enjoying the underdog status barca currently have.

For the past 4 years, we have gone into every single game as favorites and its gonna be interesting to see what happens from now.

Same here!

Being favorites always add more pressure, so being "underdog" will be a breath of fresh air..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:13 pm

You know, fighting for underdog status doesnt give you any advantage in the actual game lol

Especially as none of the players will think it.

There is no underdog here, other than Dortmund, only based on pedigree.

Bayern look the best right now, but it wont count for anything when the game actually is played.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:17 pm

It doesn't give you any advantage but it does remove some pressure..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:18 pm

Not for the players, because none of them feel like underdogs.

Maybe you as a fan perhaps?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:23 pm

Me as a fan, definetly, but maybe while the players will not see themselves as the a "underdogs", they will not either see themselves as the red hot favorite as the used to be. And that will remove some pressure as well..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:31 pm

Well I doubt it, I dont think they will think any different.

I dont think they think any team is better than them, and if they do, thats probably not a good thing anyway.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:23 pm

A class (or two) above the rest... :coffee:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:25 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
REWB wrote:loool, a few levels...

They are.... Barca, Dortmund and Madrid are not brushing everyone aside with an iron fist like Bayern are.

When they win the CL and they will people will finally realise how good they are.

Realised it yet :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:26 pm

danyjr :bow: Laughing Hope to hear your opinion on Barca going forward in the Barca section too Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:26 pm

if* they win

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next