McAgger
The Nature Boy
dmize
The Franchise
LeSwagg James
33 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 3 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by dmize Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:44 pm

Drummond. If you said 7-8 I'd be even more sure but I still say Drummond.

Obviously Davis is more advanced offensively and will continue to be, however he's never going to be a solid physical force at PF. Defensively he's actually been underwhelming considering how heralded he was coming in, but is still very good/elite. Davis' jumpshot is what's really going to make him a perennial all-star but he needs to add weight. He's a good offensive rebounder, but could improve with defensive rebounds. Great handles and quickness for the 4 position.

In 5 years I could see him at about 19/10/2, and his peak like 22/11/2

Drummond, defensively, is already better than Davis. His size is a part of that, but he's also got good instincts(his helpside d was a weak point early but he's already improved that) and timing on shot blocking. He's starting to finally use his strength more to bully down low.

He's already a better rebounder than Davis as well, both offensively and defensively. Although Davis is no slouch on the offensive glass either. Not only a great leaper, but a quick second leaper which I think is huge for rebounding.

Offense is his main concern but watching him you can see he's got a nice soft touch around the rim and decent footwork. Practice and repetition and he will end up with a serviceable or better postgame. He's already showing improvement(I had not seen him hit that little baseline hook in the NBA before) He's a really good passer as well which people may not know. Because of his size, he sets beastly screens as well, an underrated ability.

His free throw shooting I don't need to talk about it, that's obviously the weakest part of his game, but there's plenty of time to work on that.

Not only is he great defensively, he gets in passing lanes better than any big I've seen. Before he got hurt he was one of only 3 centers averaging a certain amount(forget the #) of blocks and steals. Noah was one of them, forget the other. And he did it in about half the minutes of the others. I don't think a center has ever lead the league in steals but if there was one to do it, it'd be Drummond.

I could see: 17/14/3 at that age with potential for even higher

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 3 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:02 pm

The other may have been Nene, he is usually up there in steals.

I agree with your assessement. The only thing I would say are 2 are things.

1. I think Davis will get more acclaim without actually being better, I just get the feeling he will be seen as better.

2. Drummund may have trouble being on the floor at the ends of games because of his FT's, which give people a bad impression no matter how good he actually is.

But I agree with your assessment, Davis is very good, very long and very quick. I also think he going to play some 5, especially end of games. But people talk about him filling out, I dont think he will ever even really get to say how KG in that way is and if he doesnt I would be a little worried.

I like Davis in transition, as a spot up shooter and slasher, but I wonder will he ever really get the go to go game. I dont know he will ever be a number 1 option.

Drummond might not be either, but he will be so dominating down low it wont matter. I can see him easily getting Shaq like 60% FG shooting at some point.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:44 pm

Yeah thats the biggest thing with Drummond, have to improve free throws somehow. Even if he can only get up to 55%, that's enough to make coaches question the hack-a strategy.

I'm not sure Davis can be a #1 option like KG was, either. Would need a bit more size and muscle, and more back the basket moves especially a good fade away. He's shown he can hit the 15-18 foot spot up but he has to find ways to get off his jumper when he's not open.

Both of them have done pretty well managing fouls. Davis I've seen get into more foul trouble, but he's been starting with more minutes.

Either way it's great to have 2 really young exciting bigs in the League. Won't be long before Davis passes Blake.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:03 am

What a shame Curry didn't get an All Star call up this season. He's arguably top 15 player in the league right now.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:38 am

Wade, Chalmers and Lebron out of the Spurs games with "day to day injuries"

Wanna bet they dont get punished at all lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:29 am

Ive said it before, but I will say it again, the Spurs play some of the best basketball in the game...I will go as far as to say THE best...the way the ball moves...the constant the motion, everyone able to do multiple things on the floor, the 4th, 5th and 6th option on the possesion...

And with Leonard palying they also have an extra bit of athletic ability which can get people into that on the edge of their seat. He just posterized Haslem and has had made a number of fantastic plays today.

Winning or losing, I really enjoy watching them..guys like Diaw, Splitter even have something to get excited about them from.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:58 am

Bosh messing up a simple pass :facepalm:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:15 am

No Wade or Bron and still getting all the calls Laughing

What a joke.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:30 am

banana

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:23 am

I think I should stop complaining La Liga refs sometimes.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:10 am

great video. The calls in the Portland game were absolutely ridiculous.

in other news...

The knicks bring the longest streak in the NBA to the Miami Heat tomorrow night. It is possible that the Heat will be without Lebron and Wade tomorrow.

In addition. The Knicks have been playing really well over this winstreak. They have beaten the scrubs they were supposed to, and ended up winning a game against Memphis while also beating the Celtics. Even without Lebron and Wade, the Knicks still need to beat the heat to have confidence for when they eventually meet them in the ECF :coffee:

I think that Kenyon Martin has been huge for the Knicks. The guy was sitting on his couch spankin' it 1 month and a half ago. Now hes being a defensive leader and really getting the Knicks back to playing the defense that they were playing when they were 18-5. Im curious as to what you guys think. Is this 8-0 run they are on an abhorration, or are they for real in the east? Keep in mind, my expectations are realistic, not like other Knicks fans.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:12 am

The Franchise wrote:Ive said it before, but I will say it again, the Spurs play some of the best basketball in the game...I will go as far as to say THE best...the way the ball moves...the constant the motion, everyone able to do multiple things on the floor, the 4th, 5th and 6th option on the possesion...

And with Leonard palying they also have an extra bit of athletic ability which can get people into that on the edge of their seat. He just posterized Haslem and has had made a number of fantastic plays today.

Winning or losing, I really enjoy watching them..guys like Diaw, Splitter even have something to get excited about them from.

Splitter is definitely one of the most improved players in the NBA
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:49 pm

Yeah I have said from the start I like the Knicks team, I think they are legit. As in, depending on match ups they could get to the Eastern Finals,

They got a ton of injuries though, its going to be hard.

Though I think Amare being hurt is more of a good things. Nothing on him, hes still a very good player in my opinion, but he just dont fit and the Knicks refuse to believe it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:34 pm

The Franchise wrote:Yeah I have said from the start I like the Knicks team, I think they are legit. As in, depending on match ups they could get to the Eastern Finals,

They got a ton of injuries though, its going to be hard.

Though I think Amare being hurt is more of a good things. Nothing on him, hes still a very good player in my opinion, but he just dont fit and the Knicks refuse to believe it.

As a New Yorker, I will forever remember Amare for bringing back Basketball buzz back to NYC. Your not getting Melo without Amare here.

The sad thing is, injuries are really making him a non factor. He was looking good with the second unit. I don't see him coming back for the playoffs though. In addition, the resurgence of JR smith proves that you don't necessarily need Amare to be the #2 option on the team. If JR can continue to drive to the hoop and open up space for Melo to operate, the Knicks are in good shape.

The one thing that worries me though is this. When they were 18-5, the three ball was going in automatically pretty much. before this 8-0 run, we weren't hitting threes. now, we are hitting them again and were winning. It seams to me that we are capable of beating anyone when are 3s go in, but how long will it last? Definitly don't wanna go cold from beyond the arc just in time for the playoffs pale
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:50 pm

Live by the 3, you die by the 3, thats the old saying and its true.

Its the least reliable aspect of the game, distance shooting...so yeah....I understand the concern.

The thing I like about the Knicks though, they always give themselves a chance because they dont turn the ball over much and have 5 or even 6 (Novak, Smith, Felton, Shump and Kidd..could even throw Sheed in there if he comes back) long range shooters..you want to believe 2 or 3 of them can hit em consistently when it counts.

If they get hot, they can actually beat anyone, that alone is enough to be hopeful.

On Amare. I really like him, he cant defend a lick but offensively he is still one of the better big men in the game for me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:04 am

Next year will be his 3rd year, if he gets some help, I can see him having a breakout year(21ppg/7apg).

edit: Jeff Adrien finding a niche in the NBA despite being a 6'6 PF Thumbs up

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:10 am

The Franchise wrote:Wade, Chalmers and Lebron out of the Spurs games with "day to day injuries"

Wanna bet they dont get punished at all lol

Popovich's comments on that were hilarious Laughing

" ‘Are you kidding? What a bunch of rummies. Who would think of something like that? That’s below the belt. There’s no place for that stuff.’”"

rofl
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:43 am

Melo went for 50 against the Bron/Wade-less Heat. 0 turnovers.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:12 am

Melo is so nice.. They will do some damage in the playoffs, I don't see them beating Miami or Indiana though.. So how far they make it depends on when they meet either of those teams IMO
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:15 pm

You guys catch Wall the last couple of weeks? He had that great performance but he really seems to have turned a corner. I can't tell...because other players have gone on nice runs...but you sort of assume when someone is as talented as he clearly is - that they turned a corner.

A lot of people are attributing it to shooting, but I don't think it's just that...he's being more aggressive in general and the rest of the team is facilitating that by being consistent with their shot.

Also Shaq's ceremony last night was nice.

Best playoff matchups I've seen so far are

-All in the West...provided the Lakers get the 8th seed.
-Celtics vs NYK or Indiana.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Just watching the Shaq jersey retirement now, good stuff man, I feel like yesturday he was putting up 35 and 15 in the finals......well deserved, a true great..for me, at his best, the best Center, period..the most unstoppable player and the biggest freak of nature I ever seen.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:15 pm

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/9127664/mark-cuban-give-brittney-griner-opportunity-dallas-mavericks

it's April 3rd now Cuban, not the 1st anymore.

She would get shut down by the towel boy in the paint. The closest woman to D1 Men's(not even going to say NBA) talent, is Maya Moore or Taurasi not this hermaphrodite.

He has to be trolling, or trolling for ratings.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:30 am

After losing to the Lakers, they out of the playoff running...might aswell rake it in lol

I heard even he is bulking at luxary tax and all the extra these days.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:06 am

Lol yup, it would make money that's for sure, so I have no doubts Cuban has actually thought of it. Mavs fans would turn on him quick though, I know I would.

If there was ever going to be a woman in the NBA she would have to be a ridiculous shooter(like 45%+ from 3) to offset the defensive/athletic liability.

Last edited by dmize on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:13 am

http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2013/04/03/rajon-rondo-puts-up-shots-prior-to-celtics-game-for-first-time-since-acl-injury/

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 3 Rondocourt

Shot around before the game...

Will shock everyone and come back for the 2nd round of the playoffs :coffee:

Meanwhile the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 3 CsL1W sitting around perfectly healthy waiting for himself to become mentally comfortable, something that happens by playing on it.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:05 pm

If Rondo comes back before Rose Laughing

The fact we can even think it says so much about Rondo...probably something about Rose...something about him seems soft..this "god knows when I will return" crap, the crying about being fouled hard last year, the thing about him not liking the ASG and not playing pick up because he likes "the real thing" only and some thing a while ago about fame being "too much".
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next