McAgger
The Nature Boy
dmize
The Franchise
LeSwagg James
33 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 2 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:11 pm

The question is incredibly poorly timed.

The Heat are on a historical run, what do you think people are going to say? Laughing

Pretty sure this question is based on the fact Hollinger has the OKC atop his power rankings...which is based on various factors.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

As you can see, alot of maths, alot of categories the Thunder are better than the Heat in.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 2 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:08 am

Meh.. His rankings can go F themselves

The Heat are a better team than the Thunder point blank period
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:18 am

Of course....just tells me how stats really suck.

I am tired of them and its only getting worse, like 75% of the stuff I read people are just finding stats and coming to conclusions from them...rather than having information and then having the stats backing them up.

According to stats, the Nuggets actually dont need a star player to close games at the end, they dont need someone in the clutch...lets see how that works out for them.

The Heat are clearly the best team right now, and if they aint, its the Spurs, not the damn Thunder who rival them.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:15 am

Yeah.. If he wants to say the Thunder are better in a certain statistical category then ok, but you can't say they're the better team when they're clearly not

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:04 am

LAL games missed to injury - Nash: 24; Bryant: 2; MWP: next 6 weeks; Gasol: 33; Howard: 6; Blake: 37.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:24 am

Seriously... ship Pau ASAP... his screams are killing my speakers
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:50 am

RealGunner wrote:LAL games missed to injury - Nash: 24; Bryant: 2; MWP: next 6 weeks; Gasol: 33; Howard: 6; Blake: 37.

Funny thing too is though Howard missed just 6, the rest he played, he has been injured anyway.

But this aint shocking..old players get injured...shouldnt be old lol

Look at the Knicks...everyone is old and guess what? End of the season is here and half of the roster is injured.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:43 am

Miamis streak is about to end..

edit:
the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2iw5jyJoQ1r1kle4o1_500
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:50 am

Streak is over, Bulls minus Noah and obviously Rose done it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:40 am

Well, it had to end sometime. Congrats to the Heat. Historic record.

So I assume they'll just now be bit part for the rest of the regular season.

ESPN having a field day with this. Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:52 am

If the Bulls had much better luck, they could have taken out Miami this year imo.

I know its one game, but an inform Rose was taking them on by himself last year, I'm just trying to imagine what he would have grown into this season.

Still, magnificent achievement by the Heat and records aside, I think this was a good loss for Miami. If they meet up in the playoffs anywhere, at least they'll have a ton of motivation to play off.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:53 pm

He shouldn't even have to do a year in college.

Please go to Florida St though and not Kentucky ffs
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:54 pm

DAMN............

BTW, what do you think about the 1 and done rule? I think its kind of stupid...and I think its even more stupid when I hear guys like Barkley and Steve Kerr saying it should be 2 or even 3 years.

They say it takes the quality of the game down and kids arent learning the fundementals.

First of all that is mostly true, but not in all cases. For example Al Jefferson came straight from high school and he has a million moves in the post and great footwork. Emeka Okafor was in school for what, 2 or 3 years? He moves like a robot.

But I mostly dont agree with that logic because, if the kids aint ready, then dont draft them then....its the teams fault not the players.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:25 pm

The Franchise wrote:DAMN............

BTW, what do you think about the 1 and done rule? I think its kind of stupid...and I think its even more stupid when I hear guys like Barkley and Steve Kerr saying it should be 2 or even 3 years.

They say it takes the quality of the game down and kids arent learning the fundementals.

First of all that is mostly true, but not in all cases. For example Al Jefferson came straight from high school and he has a million moves in the post and great footwork. Emeka Okafor was in school for what, 2 or 3 years? He moves like a robot.

But I mostly dont agree with that logic because, if the kids aint ready, then dont draft them then....its the teams fault not the players.

I don't like the 1 and done rule at all. Can cost players millions with possible injuries or underperforming in college. Cost Drummond a few million probably considering if he had been drafted right out of high school he would've been #2 pick at worst.

Tim Duncan stayed 4 years, but he had good post moves from the very beginning.

Okafor doesn't move at all like he used to but that's due to all back injuries he's had throughout his career. He's always had a good assortment of moves but he can't execute them as well now. His first couple years were beast(since Nene has returned his been great for the Wizards too):

And on what Kerr/Barkley said, you can look at Javale McGee, a guy that just by watching you would assume came straight from high school, but he played in college 2 years.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:43 pm

Andrew Bynum committed to UConn originally but then he decided to go pro instead. Which turned out to be a good move. It's possible he would've came into the league more NBA ready, but players should have the option if they're good enough.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:22 am

Some of these BS calls on Howard are ridic... seriously.... Sanders tripping himself and Ilyasova flopping, and now 2 fouls and he has to sit
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:37 am

Wiggins is single handedly going to attract interest to Canadian basketball.

I got to see this kid live about 3 years ago when he was still 13-14 and even then he was rolling the other kids so easily. He was thrown into the same level of talent as Tristan Thompson at the time, but he's clearly miles ahead of Thompson at his stage of his career.

This kid can do everything...
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Yeah, maybe I was harsh on Emeka...he was better than I said early on. I didnt know about the back injuries though.

Agree with your post though dmize for sure. I am confused everytime Barkely and Kerr says those things...I am always thinking how come nobody has realised what they are saying dont actually exist lol

McGee was there 2 years?!?1 Good grief.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:54 pm

Amar wrote:Wiggins is single handedly going to attract interest to Canadian basketball.

I got to see this kid live about 3 years ago when he was still 13-14 and even then he was rolling the other kids so easily. He was thrown into the same level of talent as Tristan Thompson at the time, but he's clearly miles ahead of Thompson at his stage of his career.

This kid can do everything...

Yeah I remember seeing a Wiggins video titled something like the best 13 year old in the world like 4-5 years ago.

Do you Toronto/Canadian posters remember Denham Brown?
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:18 pm

That Wiggins kid has some serious vertical Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:23 am

Yeah I remember Denham Brown.. He dropped 100 in high school out here lol
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:36 am

Yes he did, 111 points in a high school game which I think is still a record up there.

if we didnt lose in OT his game tying lay up would be much more remembered. Guy was clutch.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:52 am

Andre Drummond returning tonight and starting against the Raps. cheers cheers

just started watching the beginning

edit: 16 pts(8-10), 4 boards, 2 blocks, 2 steals in 18 min so far
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:48 pm

baseline hook shot : o definitely been working on post moves
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:05 pm

Hes back.

Dmize, 5 years from now, Drummond or Davis?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:44 pm

Drummond. If you said 7-8 I'd be even more sure but I still say Drummond.

Obviously Davis is more advanced offensively and will continue to be, however he's never going to be a solid physical force at PF. Defensively he's actually been underwhelming considering how heralded he was coming in, but is still very good/elite. Davis' jumpshot is what's really going to make him a perennial all-star but he needs to add weight. He's a good offensive rebounder, but could improve with defensive rebounds. Great handles and quickness for the 4 position.

In 5 years I could see him at about 19/10/2, and his peak like 22/11/2

Drummond, defensively, is already better than Davis. His size is a part of that, but he's also got good instincts(his helpside d was a weak point early but he's already improved that) and timing on shot blocking. He's starting to finally use his strength more to bully down low.

He's already a better rebounder than Davis as well, both offensively and defensively. Although Davis is no slouch on the offensive glass either. Not only a great leaper, but a quick second leaper which I think is huge for rebounding.

Offense is his main concern but watching him you can see he's got a nice soft touch around the rim and decent footwork. Practice and repetition and he will end up with a serviceable or better postgame. He's already showing improvement(I had not seen him hit that little baseline hook in the NBA before) He's a really good passer as well which people may not know. Because of his size, he sets beastly screens as well, an underrated ability.

His free throw shooting I don't need to talk about it, that's obviously the weakest part of his game, but there's plenty of time to work on that.

Not only is he great defensively, he gets in passing lanes better than any big I've seen. Before he got hurt he was one of only 3 centers averaging a certain amount(forget the #) of blocks and steals. Noah was one of them, forget the other. And he did it in about half the minutes of the others. I don't think a center has ever lead the league in steals but if there was one to do it, it'd be Drummond.

I could see: 17/14/3 at that age with potential for even higher
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next