CBarca
Lex
Casciavit
McAgger
DeletedUser#1
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Footballing Poetry- Bale and Suarez go head to head on Sunday - Page 3 Empty Re: Footballing Poetry- Bale and Suarez go head to head on Sunday

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:58 pm

It's ok Arq, post match anger is always the worst, you and I know this more than most Razz

Well deserved win

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Footballing Poetry- Bale and Suarez go head to head on Sunday - Page 3 Empty Re: Footballing Poetry- Bale and Suarez go head to head on Sunday

Post by Casciavit Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Cou Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Btw Gerrard passes Owen in our goal scoring charts :bow: :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Downing yet to score a goal against a big club
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Agreed Lex, he needs to score a goal against a top team before we can hype him for Balon D'Or
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Lex wrote:Downing yet to score a goal against a big club

Doing better than any of our wingers
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:05 pm

We have wingers?

Shocked
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
CBarca wrote:It was walkers fault ffs

Messiah you said you would destroy Tottenham

You guys should have came away with 0 points but were gifted a couple goals. So...congratulations I guess but you were really only half right

Gifted? Aside from Downings capitalization on and error what other goal was a gift? How about Bale, being the pussy he is was allowed the fk which lead to the 2nd goal? You know, where he acted as if Lucas didn't just touch his face?

Win was deserved.

Arq your killing me rofl

The third one? I don't know, the one where Defoe headed it back into the box and then BAE being the idiot he is going in without even looking at the ball against a known diver (not that that changes anything about the fact that it was a PK, it just highlights how fking stupid BAE is).

Pussy? You guys were kicking Bale the whole game. I remember one run he made where you tackled him and got no ball but he didn't go down and he lost the ball because of it.

Lucas was beat by a quick turn to the left by Bale and hit him in the face to stop him from going on. I don't exactly see where that's being a pussy and I don't see where that's not a foul. We see that kind of crap all the time, it's a foul. Don't tell me it's not and don't call Bale a pussy for it Laughing

You guys won yeah good job I guess but don't act like you weren't gifted two goals.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:15 pm

gifted Laughing you do know CB that 99.9% of the goals ever scored could be avoided.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:16 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:gifted Laughing you do know CB that 99.9% of the goals ever scored could be avoided.

I'm not going to even explain myself because if you don't know the difference it's not worth discussing.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:30 pm

Downing had a decent game. Coutinho had a poor game though, however that's understandable since he only just joined, however I'm just giving him an excuse here.

Fortunately Liverpool got a penalty in order to win the game. I wasn't too impressed with the sitting back.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:07 pm

CBarca wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
CBarca wrote:It was walkers fault ffs

Messiah you said you would destroy Tottenham

You guys should have came away with 0 points but were gifted a couple goals. So...congratulations I guess but you were really only half right

Gifted? Aside from Downings capitalization on and error what other goal was a gift? How about Bale, being the pussy he is was allowed the fk which lead to the 2nd goal? You know, where he acted as if Lucas didn't just touch his face?

Win was deserved.

Arq your killing me rofl

The third one? I don't know, the one where Defoe headed it back into the box and then BAE being the idiot he is going in without even looking at the ball against a known diver (not that that changes anything about the fact that it was a PK, it just highlights how fking stupid BAE is).

Pussy? You guys were kicking Bale the whole game. I remember one run he made where you tackled him and got no ball but he didn't go down and he lost the ball because of it.

Lucas was beat by a quick turn to the left by Bale and hit him in the face to stop him from going on. I don't exactly see where that's being a pussy and I don't see where that's not a foul. We see that kind of crap all the time, it's a foul. Don't tell me it's not and don't call Bale a pussy for it Laughing

You guys won yeah good job I guess but don't act like you weren't gifted two goals.

So lets apply the same logic for Liverpool's conceded goals. How about when Johnson was caught ball watching against Vertoghen for the first goal? Glen did not cover his man therefore that is a gift to Vert.

2nd goal: Carragher failed to clear while Vertoghen got a shot around the same zone of Glen Johnson, the latter who tripped/slipped (for some apparent) reason therefore giving another "gift" to Vertoghen to slot it past Jones.

And yes I will call Bale a pussy considering the amount of dives he pulls of on a monthly basis. Football is a contact sport yet it does not allow you to infringe the passage of play just because he had contact made on his face. We are talking about 6'1 World class athlete who makes a meal of contact on his face just because he knew that he would be dispossessed.

I will highlight how much better of a player Dembele is for Tottenham compared to Bale who has little influence throughout the game while Dembele completely dominated our midfield majority of the game. He in my opinion was a victim of some unjust contact throughout the game, though Bale was not.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:08 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Downing had a decent game. Coutinho had a poor game though, however that's understandable since he only just joined, however I'm just giving him an excuse here.

Fortunately Liverpool got a penalty in order to win the game. I wasn't too impressed with the sitting back.

Countinho had a poor game? He was our best player in the first half by a long distance. Laughing

Sitting back? Well when you are against a team that thrives on beating high lines and are prone to counters, it doesn't hurt to keep a deep line and go on the break.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:10 pm

Gifted? Really? It's not as though we weren't in the game at LFC 1-2 THFC...

Neither the second nor the third goal were incredible errors, merely misjudgments. Lloris gets to that ball and wins it, and we are talking about how strong a performance he had. Defoe just mis-controls a clearance and BAE makes a hash of blocking off Suarez. There was nothing uncommon about that. To me, a gift constitutes a goal or a benefit that comes as the result of an unusual and unnecessary action. I don't believe you can classify either as such.

Today =/= gift.

Oh, before I forget... Are you really going to complain about Bale getting kicked after the treatment Suarez receives on a weekly basis? They both get used like a punching bag on a weekly basis. Perhaps if Bales so worried about getting kicked, he should go back to *cough* avoiding tackles *cough*... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/9131521/Tottenham-Hotspur-midfielder-Gareth-Bale-denies-being-a-diver.html
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:49 pm

Coutinho lost the ball mostly all game imo.

In terms of Liverpool sitting back, well I thought Liverpool were a pure possession side wanted to stick to one style.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:06 am

Not when we have to win MT. Rodgers is clever. He knows when to stick to his guns and when to alter his game plan. At the start of the season he didn't, however he has learned.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:55 am

So would it not be possible to succeed by sticking to one style?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:45 am

Yohan Modric wrote:So would it not be possible to succeed by sticking to one style?

Certainly not when your team is barely getting used to the system. We tried to stick to the system and were very inconsistent, when it worked we thumped teams, but when it didn't we would be very vulnerable.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:47 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Downing had a decent game. Coutinho had a poor game though, however that's understandable since he only just joined, however I'm just giving him an excuse here.

Hey botric I thought sitting back was the best way to win, no?
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:18 am

I didn't say it was the best, I was just discussing whether it could be the best/most effective.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:48 am

Is there shame in admitting that you guys were gifted two goals or what?

I don't see the problem here.

Both goals were absolute gifts that fell straight into the hands of Liverpool players.

I'm not going to continue wasting my time with such matters that really don't matter but jeez. I didn't know admitting Spurs choked hard and gave you guys two absolute gifts was a hard thing, or bad thing to do as a Liverpool supporter scratch
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:51 am

Is there a shame in admitting that you guys were gifted two fouls that led up to both your goals?

I don't see the problem here.

Both fouls were from nothing. If Bale was British he'd be a diver and a cheat, just saying.

Also, how did Bale manage to be let onto the pitch right after he had to go for treatment?

:rolleyes:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:55 am

And Vertonghen should of been sent off... not sure how he only got a yellow despite being the last man.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:04 am

ynwa wrote:And Vertonghen should of been sent off... not sure how he only got a yellow despite being the last man.

I was raging when I saw the yellow right that second. Sturridge was through on goal, and if Ref thought Vertonghen was impeding the play with his hand then surely it's a red.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:16 am

Ridiculous. Referee was horrible.

We could of got another penalty when Sturridge was brought down too. Instead he decided to try and come down like a wanker so it wasn't given. So Vertongen should of been sent off there too. Not sure how he stayed on the pitch tbh.

But with that said, I could argue he was the best player on the pitch too.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3