Albiceleste
RealGunner
McAgger
Die Borussen
Onyx
52 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The official Modric appreciation thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official Modric appreciation thread

Post by Gil Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:02 pm

Gonna have an immense season.

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The official Modric appreciation thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official Modric appreciation thread

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:08 pm

yepp I have that feeling as well. He will be very important for us because everything will be going through him ( and Isco). I just hope he doesn't get injured because we have noone that can do his job
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:10 pm

I just hope that Xabi won't be anywhere near the first XI this season. Modric is way better than him.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:12 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:yepp I have that feeling as well. He will be very important for us because everything will be going through him ( and Isco). I just hope he doesn't get injured because we have noone that can do his job
Isn't that why you paid €40m or whatever for Illara though? Thought he was equally adept in both roles?

Valkyrja wrote:I just hope that Xabi won't be anywhere near the first XI this season. Modric is way better than him.
Alonso is great just not against top quality opposition. Easy to take out of the game.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:15 pm

Gil wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:yepp I have that feeling as well. He will be very important for us because everything will be going through him ( and Isco). I just hope he doesn't get injured because we have noone that can do his job
Isn't that why you paid €40m or whatever for Illara though? Thought he was equally adept in both roles?

Valkyrja wrote:I just hope that Xabi won't be anywhere near the first XI this season. Modric is way better than him.
Alonso is great just not against top quality opposition. Easy to take out of the game.
Alonso isn't mobile enough to play against teams who press constantly great. Modric is a great dribbler who is capable of making space for himself, something Xabi can't.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm

Gil wrote:
Isn't that why you paid €40m or whatever for Illara though? Thought he was equally adept in both roles [/quotes]
Nopp Illaramendi is a DLP with great defensive skills. Modric basically collects the ball and drives it forward. Illaramendi wil take Khediras place when he comes back. our passing will improve even more then Proud dat 90% posession with 10 shots on target by both Bale/Ronaldo Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:34 pm

Modric doing extremely well in Ancelottis Pirlo role. Very impressive

Loving the three man midfield and once Illarra comes back it will be even more formidable.
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:35 pm

Got the talent for sure, lets see if he can consistently turn up in big games for once.

Instead of once the tie is already over like the coward he is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 pm

took awhile to adapt hes doing okay now but
isco >>>>>

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:45 pm

Albiceleste wrote:took awhile to adapt hes doing okay now but
isco >>>>>
Well they are playing different roles completely, Isco is playing a left sided CM role (aka Seedorf role) and Modric is performing the Pirlo deep lying playmaker role.
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:46 pm

Isco will be iniestas replacement for Spain Proud

mole we are not playing individual football anymore and he has Isco as a passing option instead of solely Khedira. So far so good for him, hope he plays like this when it matters
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:49 pm

I'm talking about his whole career not just last season.

He would be top 5 CM if his mental levels were comparable with his talent but he has shown by far it clearly isn't.

Fair play to Ancelotti if he pulls this off, i'll be watching lol.

Also the disrespect to Alonso by some people is disgusting, if it wasn't for Xavi he would be Spain's best CM in their golden generation.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:50 pm

Crimson wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:took awhile to adapt hes doing okay now but
isco >>>>>
Well they are playing different roles completely, Isco is playing a left sided CM role (aka Seedorf role)  and Modric is performing the Pirlo deep lying playmaker role.
when they are playing together, yeah. but what is modric going to do when xabi comes back? surely xabi is better

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Alonso's injured, he isn't as good as he was before and apparently wants to leave next year.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:54 pm

nah Xabi is gone next summer, no point in relying on him. Xabi and Illaramendi will rotate that CDM role while Casemiro will probably be the sub of Modric
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:57 pm

If Alonso's counted as a CM, then Iniesta would be Spain's best CM if it wasn't for Xavi.

Also Senna was starting for Spain in 2008.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:58 pm

modric did look good last night in midfield but its still only preseason, if he can do this consistently he could be vital for madrid, i agree with gil

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Modric is finally looking like the player we paid the big bucks for.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:12 pm

There wasn't really anything wrong with how he was performing in the majority of games last season. It's just he wasn't playing much at the start of the season and was unjustly branded a flop.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:19 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:There wasn't really anything wrong with how he was performing in the majority of games last season. It's just he wasn't playing much at the start of the season and was unjustly branded a flop.
Well done you failed to read once again The official Modric appreciation thread - Page 2 Clap

No one called him a flop.... if you look my stance from the very beginning it is about his career as a whole.

Hugely talented player who lacks the mental edge to be as good as talent should allow him to be.

You can't say anything negative about players on here, even if its just a small part of their game without someone getting hugely defensive or the person in question being branded a hater.

Pathetic.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:25 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm talking about his whole career not just last season.

He would be top 5 CM if his mental levels were comparable with his talent but he has shown by far it clearly isn't.

Also the disrespect to Alonso by some people is disgusting, if it wasn't for Xavi he would be Spain's best CM in their golden generation.
Xabi is clearly one of the best Spanish players ever, or at least midfielders(the 3rd actually imo), but he is way past it.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:26 pm

Not in terms of his entire career. It's just Marca were apparently calling him a flop after a few months.

Same with Song.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:31 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm talking about his whole career not just last season.

Xabi is clearly one of the best Spanish players ever, or at least midfielders(the 3rd actually imo), but he is way past it.
3rd best Spanish midfielder ever? Is that what your saying?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:33 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:There wasn't really anything wrong with how he was performing in the majority of games last season. It's just he wasn't playing much at the start of the season and was unjustly branded a flop.
Well done you failed to read once again The official Modric appreciation thread - Page 2 Clap

No one called him a flop.... if you look my stance from the very beginning it is about his career as a whole.

Hugely talented player who lacks the mental edge to be as good as talent should allow him to be.

You can't say anything negative about players on here, even if its just a small part of their game without someone getting hugely defensive or the person in question being branded a hater.

Pathetic.
Not true, tons of people called him a flop
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:40 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso ?
Ever heard of Luis Suarez?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next