fatman123
Tomwin Lannister
Pedram
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Take-Two acquire WWE video game license - WWE 2K14 Empty Take-Two acquire WWE video game license - WWE 2K14

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:48 pm

After months of speculation, rumors and fierce negotiations, Take-Two Interactive has officially acquired the exclusive rights to the WWE video game license for the next five years and will publish the popular wrestling franchise as part of its 2K Sports brand.

Video game publisher THQ, which has held the exclusive WWE gaming rights since 1999, was forced to sell its assets after the U.S. Bankruptcy Court struck down its potential sale to Clearlake Capital Group in January.

The first WWE game under the Take-Two umbrella will be titled "WWE 2K14." As part of the deal, Take-Two hired key employees from THQ to work on the game with their design team. The company also agreed to work with longtime WWE games developer Yukes from Japan for the game, and plan to release it in the fall.

"Everything that we've done with NBA is what we're trying to contribute to WWE," said 2K Sports VP of Marketing Jason Argent. "So the growth that you've see in the NBA franchise from the authenticity in the game to the excitement of the marketing that surrounds it is all something we expect to add to the franchise. We're going to create one hell of a video game franchise."

More info here: http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/4228/wwe-take-two-agree-to-deal-on-wwe-2k#more

---------------

NBA 2K games have a lot of in depth modes etc etc. If it's anything like the NBA series, then I think the WWE series will improve. The online modes of the WWE series wasn't the best imo, so hopefully that's one thing that will improve.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Take-Two acquire WWE video game license - WWE 2K14 Empty Re: Take-Two acquire WWE video game license - WWE 2K14

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:00 pm

Honestly its good news and bad news....

1. Take Two do a great job with basically anything they touch and expect similar with the WWE games.

2. Unfortunately the developer is f*cking Yukes who haven't changed a thing to their games since Here Comes the f*cking Pain.

If they can get a decent developer on board then it will be very good IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Take-Two acquire WWE video game license - WWE 2K14 Empty Re: Take-Two acquire WWE video game license - WWE 2K14

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:35 pm

Don't take two make the game though?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:21 pm

No Take Two is a publisher.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:08 am

Haven't bought a WWE game for 5 or 6 years but I might buy it. I need to make a guy and call him sully Muntari then take the world by storm when I beat John Cena and The Rock in one night ffs :bow:

I'll make a stable with 'Arry RedKnapp as a manager, i'll give him the hot Diva manager entrance and he'll hang all over my Wrestler and do the splits on the rope and shit rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:35 am

I dont understand how hard it can be to make a good wrestling game, just take HCP, add the new superstars, improve the graphics and then sell it.
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:15 pm

Stephanie McMahon announced on Twitter that The Rock will grace the cover of the WWE 2K14 video game:

"Breaking News: @TheRock will be featured on the cover of WWE 2K 14" Casey Collins EVP CPG #BPS#Wrestlemania"

The WWE 2K14 game is scheduled for a Autumn 2013 release.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Take-Two acquire WWE video game license - WWE 2K14 Empty THQ dissolved, licenses auctioned off; Take Two acquires WWE license

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:38 am

This has been news for a while now and I thought I'd post it here for those of you that don't know about it.

The most interesting part about THQ as a company dissolving is that the WWE license(THQ's biggest source of income tbh) changed hands. That license now belongs to Take Two Interactive, makers of 2K games(and 2K Sports games like NBA 2K, etc).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/23/wwe-video-game-license-to-be-acquired-by-take-two

This was the last WWE game made by THQ: WWE 13

Take-Two acquire WWE video game license - WWE 2K14 Box2

Spoiler:

This is the new WWE game from Take Two Interactive: WWE 2k14
(Release date: October 29th 2013 in the US and November 1st, 2013 in Europe)

Take-Two acquire WWE video game license - WWE 2K14 256px-%D0%9E%D0%B1%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B6%D0%BA%D0%B0_WWE_2K14

And a few other videos about it I found

Spoiler:

A new development is, IT WILL BE RELEASED FOR PC!. Yes, this is news for PC gamers like myself who haven't had a WWE game since RAW Impact which was like a decade ago.

My conclusion: I have enough confidence in Take Two to revive this franchise because it had been stale for like the past 5 years. The graphics do look shoite but that's to be expected, considering the shift in ownership just happened this year. The major changes will probably be next year, although I'm definitely getting the game this year. I've waited long enough Proud

So to all interested, there you have it.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:45 am

http://www.operationsports.com/news/601409/thq-dissolved-wwe-license-heading-to-2k/

http://www.wwe.com/inside/2k/wwe-2k14-release-date-announced-26115387
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:38 am

http://www.goallegacy.net/t28371-take-two-acquire-wwe-video-game-license-wwe-2k14?highlight=wwe+2k14

Hopefully the game improves with take two.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:40 am

FFS I searched the forum for that Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:03 am

New features:

NEW NAVIGATION SYSTEM
The entire navigation system has been overhauled and reanimated including all walking, running, and dragging motions to give the game a more fluid and life-like feel and look.
Overall Superstar movement has been accelerated, meaning the action is faster-paced and more like what you see on WWE television.
There is now a "starting up" animation for when Superstars begin running. This leads to a more natural-looking match, where it is more difficult to "spam" running attacks.
Animation gestures have been added such as adjusting wrist bands, motioning for your opponent to get up, and many more to give a human-like appearance to the navigation system.

STRIKING CHANGES
Strikes and strike combos are now quicker and snappier, making them faster and harder to reverse.
Successfully landing a strike combo now puts your opponent in a groggy state, making groggy grapples appear earlier and more frequently.

REVERSAL SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS
Reversing a grapple move now causes the reverser to do a move of his/her own automatically.
This cuts down on the endless back-and-forth "reversal fest" some users complained of in WWE '13 while also making the match move faster.

CATAPULT FINISHERS
Catching Finishers can now be executed offensively, by Irish Whipping your opponent to the ropes with a finisher stored or catapulting your opponent up when they run towards you.
Select finisher moves give you the ability to launch an opponent into the air and then hit them with a Catch Finisher on the way back down.

NEW OMG MOMENTS
New multi-man OMG Moments added to help you gain the upper-hand in multi-man matches. One OMG move can take out two opponents in one shot making it easier to get the win against multiple opponents.
Double Attitude Adjustment
Double Shellshock
Double Chokeslam
New OMG Moments added to allow you to dole out even more damage using the ring environment.
Boot-to-head on outside ringpost
DDT on the apron

TWO-COUNTS
One of the most reviled bugs in WWE '13 was the dearth of two-counts. This issue has been addressed, bringing back the dramatic near falls you know and love.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:37 pm

OMG moments?

Why not IMO moments? hmm

I might get this.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:44 pm

If only season mode from here comes the pain/shut your mouth was in it. Where you get to roam around backstage etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:05 pm

If I do get this it'll be a bit before 2k14 so I can get to grips with whatever the controls are nowadays

Just waiting for it on the next-gen and we can be the Wyatt family on Ps4 ffs
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Last game I bought was Smackdown vs RAW 2010 which was pretty good. How are the recent ones?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:12 pm

I wouldn't get your hopes up Tom....

2K may have the license but Yukes are still developing the game ffs.

This game hasn't changed on a graphics and gameplay standpoint since Here Comes The Pain ffs.

Take-Two acquire WWE video game license - WWE 2K14 Wwe-2k14-screenshot-ryback

I mean really ffs? teeth graphics /10 No
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:17 pm

Nah i'm only getting my hopes up for the next one after this

I'll buy 2k13 whenever just to get used to the controls, which will no doubt be similar to what they'll have on 2k14. So I can go online straight away with my lamb mask and jump people :bow:

The texture for his arm band is so shit it looks like a tattoo

I swear it was better on Smackdown 'shut your mouth' rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:28 pm

Don't hate on SYM ffs that was legit.

Story mode was good too, that armageddon 6 man hell in a cell main event undisputed title story line followed up by Royal Rumble, NWO and WM :bow:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:28 pm

Don't tell me that's ryback Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:31 pm

I remember that HIAC match Mole

Of course every SINGLE.TIME. I would do the right thing and break open the door, climb onto the roof and most people would follow me up

But one time, I slammed a guy through the the two hatches on the top of the cell only for somebody to pin somebody else whilst I was recovering rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:34 pm

Was brilliant tbh.... had a 6 man hell in a cell for the title and HHH would come out and attack the winner like he did in real life.

Was frantic as shit too as one pinfall meant your f*cked rofl

One time i Rock Bottomed Austin off the side of the cell and Undertaker pinned him while i was trying to climb down :facepalm: rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Lmfao

Dat opportunist

Some of the storylines on the WWE games were fantastic.

Online will be great when it's all sorted out

I hired 2009 on the ps3 ages ago, and my mate had it anyway. We went online in tag matches and this one match was messed up

Some massive fat 'create a wrestler' on the other team was called Mr. Peanut, he had skinny legs, massive torso, pink trunks and a tophat + monacle. Plus he had some mental diva moveset rofl

He absolutely destroyed me and my mate for the entire match because his stats were like John FKN Cenas so my mate pulled the reff down (You can get away with it a few times) then attacked Peanuts teammate with a chair. I grabbed a sledgehammer and smashed Mr Peanut with it and we won. But got smashed for a good 15 minutes.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Yeh the graphics don't look the best. Hopefully they're good for 2k15.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I wouldn't get your hopes up Tom....

2K may have the license but Yukes are still developing the game ffs.

This game hasn't changed on a graphics and gameplay standpoint since Here Comes The Pain ffs.

Yeah still made by Yukes, meh. I like WWE 13, picked it up recently. The graphics could be better and there's a whole lot of glitches(like doing a move and I end up standing on my opponents head dafuq), but it's still pretty fun to play with a couple people or just Attitude Era. From the Trailer it looks like they are gonna take you back farther, like in the 80s Macho Man, Hogan, Ric Flair

Attitude Era mode in the latest one is tons of fun though. Recreating D-X.  All the cheap shots HHH and HBK pulled rofl The HBK/Undertaker match where Kane first comes out.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum