Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ?

+42
worms
rwo power
white_star
Be/\/ceCALI
McAgger
StrugaRock
Lupi
Mamad
Clockwork Orange
dronte
Mr Nick09
sportsczy
ARIARAIDEN
Ganso
the xcx
Dutti
Beautiful Football
Onyx
7amood11
VivaStPauli
Nirgall
barca 2011
Real Kandahar
scotladd
futbol
Harmonica
FennecFox7
Albiceleste
LeBéninois
The Sanchez
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
Lord Spencer
Blue Barrett
Milantildeath
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
The Franchise
Die Borussen
Vibe
Gil
Valkyrja
46 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

???

Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap26%Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 9 ]
Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap46%Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 16 ]
Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap28%Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 35

Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ?

Post by Harmonica Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:26 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:Brazilian leauge Was strongest in 60 and 70. And then started decline.
There was no Brazilian league in 60's.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ?

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 pm

South America had the best leagues in the world until the mid 80s lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:33 pm

romario scored goals from his toilet seats as well, 1000 goals? that's fake
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:37 pm

Harmonica wrote:
Beautiful Football wrote:Brazilian leauge Was strongest in 60 and 70. And then started decline.

R u serious? By your logic, then the EPL has only technically existed since 1992. Brazil has had top leagues since the 50s.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:40 pm

Harmonica wrote:

I know they had state football still had quality player not like in Europe atm.
Honestly in 50 and 60 era football was not quit professional like today.That's why you will see lots of player had other profession as well. Thats why i don't really Rate high that times player specially offensive player, 2-1-7
type of formation was common .IMO 80's/90's European football had best balance in term of quality of player tactics, technical play etc..

Last edited by Beautiful Football on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:43 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

R u serious? By your logic, then the EPL has only technically existed since 1992. Brazil has had top leagues since the 50s.
Say what? Show me the Brazilian league of 60's?

There was Taca Brazil which was national cup format competition and Taca de Prata, which was reminiscent of half a league, but which was contested only between 5 states of the overall 27 in Brazil.

I hope you learnt something.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:44 pm

Harmonica wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Harmonica wrote:There was no Brazilian league in 60's.

Say what? Show me the Brazilian league of 60's?

There was Taca Brazil which was national cup format competition and Taca de Prata, which was reminiscent of half a league, but which was contested only between 5 states of the overall 27 in Brazil.

I hope you learnt something.

Thumbs up

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:48 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:romario scored goals from his toilet seats as well, 1000 goals? that's fake

are you serious? tell that to romario.eco smile

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:49 pm

sorry, but the copa libertadores in the 60s and 70s... even early 80s was the best tournament in the world by a lot. Just because you can't relate to a period doesn't mean that the period was worse. It wasn't. You had just as much talent back then as you have now.

The big difference? you couldn't have super teams in those times. You were restricted to 3 non-domestic players on your team. So the current structure where you have all WC players on a team was impossible. You had great teams... but they had to depend on their own country's players. The amount of talent in Brazil dwarfed every country in Europe. So the top teams in Brazil would literally destroy almost ever team out here. The shift only happened when that restriction was lifted in the late 80s. Santos, Flamengo, Corinthians were by far the best in the world until then.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Pele scored in movies. Razz
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by ARIARAIDEN Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:59 pm

If he didnt score that many goals he would be considered as very good player not a all time great!
ARIARAIDEN
ARIARAIDEN
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:10 pm

sportsczy wrote:sorry, but the copa libertadores in the 60s and 70s... even early 80s was the best tournament in the world by a lot. Just because you can't relate to a period doesn't mean that the period was worse. It wasn't. You had just as much talent back then as you have now.

Have to agree with this. Some of you sound a little silly here.

Go ask Liverpool in 1981, who had dominated Europe handily, what happened when they came against Zico and Flamengo.

Total destruction and humiliation.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:17 pm

There should be a worse choice, like top100 or something.. Because he is surely not a Top35 player, one of the most overrated players in football history. He is a great player obviously, but nothing special

All the hype surrounding him is there only because the the media needs a rival for Messi in Real Madrid. Yes, I'm serious.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:22 pm

sportsczy wrote:sorry, but the copa libertadores in the 60s and 70s... even early 80s was the best tournament in the world by a lot. Just because you can't relate to a period doesn't mean that the period was worse. It wasn't. You had just as much talent back then as you have now.

The big difference? you couldn't have super teams in those times. You were restricted to 3 non-domestic players on your team. So the current structure where you have all WC players on a team was impossible. You had great teams... but they had to depend on their own country's players. The amount of talent in Brazil dwarfed every country in Europe. So the top teams in Brazil would literally destroy almost ever team out here. The shift only happened when that restriction was lifted in the late 80s. Santos, Flamengo, Corinthians were by far the best in the world until then.

Some part of your post i am agree Thumbs up .Again imo Brazilian leauge decline at least after 1984.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Second best player in history
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:40 pm

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Honestly the more i see discussions like this the more i agree with the likes of Sports, Jibers and Dani.

Best of lists need to die in a fire, there's no objective way to do it properly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:53 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Honestly the more i see discussions like this the more i agree with the likes of Sports, Jibers and Dani.

Best of lists need to die in a fire, there's no objective way to do it properly.

Agree. But you should tell that to Pele as he started with FIFA 100 Player of all time. :coffee:

Last edited by Beautiful Football on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:55 pm

sportsczy wrote:

one thing old time it was too slow pace game lol.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:00 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:
sportsczy wrote:How can you say Messi is better than Zico? Zico had 30 or more goals for 10 straight seasons... 3 of those were over 40 and 6 of them over 50 lol. In 1983, he scored 81 goals.

I'm sorry, but you kids need look farther than just in front of your noses. Messi has had 5 fantastic seasons.... amongst the best 5 of anyone arguably. However, he is not amongst the top 10, let alone the top 5 until he does this for another 3 years and he actually plays well with Argentina NT. He doesn't need to win with Argentina NT because footy is not guaranteed; they just need to play well. For example, Zico's Brazil NT never won the WC. But each of their exits in the 3 WCs he participated in were after legendary matches. I'll never forget those games.

WC2014 is crucial for Messi's standing historically imo.

I am sorry are you comparing Brazilian 80's leauge to Todays modern european Football. scoring in brazil that time prove nothing.Cause romario did score 1000 goals but he is not in messi's leauge. lol when Zico played in europe with udinese his highest score was 30,And its says all about Brazilian 80's leauge.
Zico was 30 when he went to udinense ffs.You guys underrate our league so much its ridiculous, even in the past when SA clubs ruled the world :facepalm:

Also,why exactly are you taking a shot at Romario?He was one of the best strikers ever and he proved himself at Barca
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:06 pm

Ganso wrote:
sportsczy wrote:How can you say Messi is better than Zico? Zico had 30 or more goals for 10 straight seasons... 3 of those were over 40 and 6 of them over 50 lol. In 1983, he scored 81 goals.

I'm sorry, but you kids need look farther than just in front of your noses. Messi has had 5 fantastic seasons.... amongst the best 5 of anyone arguably. However, he is not amongst the top 10, let alone the top 5 until he does this for another 3 years and he actually plays well with Argentina NT. He doesn't need to win with Argentina NT because footy is not guaranteed; they just need to play well. For example, Zico's Brazil NT never won the WC. But each of their exits in the 3 WCs he participated in were after legendary matches. I'll never forget those games.

I am sorry are you comparing Brazilian 80's leauge to Todays modern european Football. scoring in brazil that time prove nothing.Cause romario did score 1000 goals but he is not in messi's leauge. lol when Zico played in europe with udinese his highest score was 30,And its says all about Brazilian 80's leauge.
Zico was 30 when he went to udinense ffs.You guys underrate our league so much its ridiculous, even in the past when SA clubs ruled the world :facepalm:

i might underrate but imo it was still not as good as current top European league ,UCL. Because of professionalism, slow game pace etc not to mention lots of player used to smoke before football match..which is unthinkable in modern time.
Anyway its hard to compare and matter of opinion.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:29 pm

Ganso wrote:

Also,why exactly are you taking a shot at Romario?He was one of the best strikers ever and he proved himself at Barca

I am sorry if i offended you of course romairo was a great player and he played for my beloved club.But people always bring scoring records in brazil that made me bit offensive.
Anyway have a fun..

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:36 pm

omfg ganso change that sig

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:40 pm

Still don't understand how people can compare players they actually never watched.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:49 pm

Gil wrote:Still don't understand how people can compare players they actually never watched.

Thumbs up
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:01 pm

But that's the thing... i watched all these guys lol. I'm like the old man here. I'm 40.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next