Donuts
buddytaller
Cyborg
RealGunner
Onyx
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad discussion

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:14 pm

billy_gr wrote:I’m surprised to hear Madrid fans frustrated with Essien’s inability to provide as a RB.
Have you ever seen him play this position successfully and consistently?

He's not all that bad, he just doesn't provide much attacking wise.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad discussion

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:26 pm

He's just meh at RB.
I mean what more does he offer there aside from being there?

I'd rather have Arbeloa at RB than him.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:18 pm

i cant blame essien, its not his position and the man is 46 years old what are we to expect.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:42 pm

I'm not blaming him. We all know it's not his position.
It's just I can help but try to find reasoning as to why he's here.

Arbeloa is technically our only RB. I don't include Ramos because he's our 1st choice CB after many of us called for his head whenever he played RB. We got our wish of him playing as CB again, so there's no point in including him as a RB.

Now we got Modric. Okay that's fine I guess. But the situation was/has been apparent for a long time. There were rumors and from the look of things at the time it was safe to say we were indeed looking for a permanent RB solution. Heck even all the way back to the Maicon rumors when we first got Mou.

And getting a RB now isn't going to change how we are playing nor will it improve us magically for the next coming months. I just amazed at how we neglected such an important component to the team during the summer.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:00 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:i cant blame essien, its not his position and the man is 46 years old what are we to expect.
lol

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:36 am

I think Ramos should be moved back to right back, he can rotate with Arbeloa. If I was Mourinho, I'd develop a partnership between Pepe and Varane, the two have been our best centre-backs this season. Next summer Carvajal is a must, hopefully he benches Arbeloa and Ramos.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:40 am

Ramos won't be benched. He is already a symbol, and the next captain(after Casillas retires) and I think Varane and Ramos will complement each other very well.(although Rapha won't be a starter by next season)
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:03 am

buddytaller wrote:I think Ramos should be moved back to right back, he can rotate with Arbeloa. If I was Mourinho, I'd develop a partnership between Pepe and Varane, the two have been our best centre-backs this season. Next summer Carvajal is a must, hopefully he benches Arbeloa and Ramos.

be realistic. ramos will not move to right back. he is centre back for the rest of his life now. his days as a right back ended with the performances he put in for madrid last season and the euros. he was excellent.

so thats the end of that. i would rather ramos and varane be the partnership.

but as long as pepe has his pace he will start with ramos.

marcelo is back, we still have coentrao and nacho as left backs

we have arbeloa, nacho and essien at right back with carvajal coming in the summer for sure, if not in january.

plus with the shift carvalho put in as a centre back, quasi left back. maybe he can play as a left back. as someone said before he made more forward runs that arbeloa!
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2