Cyborg
VanDeezNuts
RealGunner
buddytaller
Onyx
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Real Madrid vs Espanyol discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Espanyol discussion

Post by _LMG_10_ Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:42 am

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid vs Espanyol discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Espanyol discussion

Post by Le Samourai Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:50 am

buddytaller wrote:Any formation without Ramos would be better, I'd play Varane as direct replacement for Ramos, I believe over the course of the season Mourinho would ease Ramos out of the first team, if Mourinho stays next season Ramos would definitely be out of the team.

He seem to have a mind of his own he spent half the time in the attacking third when Real was leading 2 -1 instead of sticking to his defensive duties, he's grown wings and Mourinho needs to clip them no matter what the Spanish media says.

I'd play this eleven in Madrid's next match

Casillas
Arbeloa - Varane - Pepe - Coentrao
Khedira - Alonso
Callejon - Ozil - Ronaldo
Benzema

Subs: Adan, Ramos, Carvalho, Modric, Morata, Kaka, Di Maria

Do you realise that it was the man Pepe was supposed to be marking who scored the goal?

Do you realize it was Pepe who failed to step up to execute the offside trap?

It's become fashionable to heap the blame for defeats on Ramos even when he is one of the better players on the pitch (such as today). But alas I'm not worried.

He's not going to be dropped and you're just going to have to deal with that.

You pointed to a Perez presser to assure Mourinhio's security the other day, so here's a quote that should prove a bit of an arrow to the knee.

"The Bernabeu is the temple where legends have forged Madrid. It is not easy to wear the shirt of the club and play in this stadium," he added.

"It takes much talent, maximum delivery and all with a big dose of responsibility. Fans have welcomed Ramos as a new benchmark for Real Madrid. The best of you has yet to come.

- Florentino Perez

So now that that's settled...

Mourinhio can be fired.

Because it seems completely logical that a team attempting to defend a lead, a team with a noted penchant for conceding from set pieces, would have no men on the posts in the closing stages of a game.

The set piece problem is no longer the problem of the players. It has existed too long not to be remedied by the coach using simple modern countermeasures.

It is now a coaching problem and has been for quite some time.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:28 am

Ramos has been shit since the start of the season and above all has shown gross insubordination to Mourinho. He isn't an exceptional player I rate Varane and Pepe ahead of him, Pepe may make mistakes but he sticks to the coaches instructions.

Don't fool yourself Mourinho isn't going anywhere, la liga may be over but the season is far from over, Mou showed his displeasure towards Ramos by benching him for the Champions League game against City, I can see him doing it more often from now onwards, especially after the glowing tribute to Varane in his last game.

Anyway, I have a strong feeling this season is going to end well, and Madrid will hopefully win the Copa and the Tenth at the end of the season.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:33 am

No he hasn't.

That's what you have imagined. Ramos has been really good lately and it's been Pepe and others making the majority of the careless errors. But you idiots seem to have something against him by now that's not really logical.

I'm not fooling myself. You are. What you're proposing is unrealistic.

Firing Mourinhio after our worst start to La Liga in the Perez era isn't unfeasible. I genuinely hope we win both as that should be enough to secure his exit anyway. cheers
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:46 am

I need to watch and be 100% sure.
Will download and watch tomorrow.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:08 am

I'm almost inclined to pin both goals on Ramos.
First debatable. But still some there to see as why he would be singled out.

But the second goal was 100% his fault.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:11 am

I think both ramos and pepe have been inconsistent during the season so as arbeloa and all of them contribute to us conceding goals in their own special ways . ramos didnt have a terrible game yesterday but he did have a very indifferent game against valladolid , and pepe didnt have the best of games the week before that or whatever , arbeloa was at fault for celta's first goal etc.. its a collective issue. . as for still not being able to defend from set pieces--- No comments , it is just pathetic that this problem hasnt been fixed yet
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:11 am

I won't go about blaming anyone for set piece goals conceded anymore (I blame Mourinhio) but here's my rationalization. You can't blame Ramos for the goal because despite the fact that it was a weak defensive header, Pepe is on the ground not picking up the man who scored.

In fact Ramos is the only person who won a header to begin with.

On the first goal, there was an individual error. The first goal is important because it's either an individual error or instead it's what I perceive to be the failure of a tactical setup (one which is the staple of our defense) - the offside trap.

> Modric loses the ball cheaply in midfield.

> Ramos is already positioned ahead of the forward because of his role in the distribution of the ball.

>The ball is played between Pepe and Ramos.

>At this point the offside trap , a preventative mechanism for exactly this type of goal should come into effect.

>It doesn't.

> Why doesn't it? I don't see Arbeloa or Coentrao so I'll assume it's Pepe playing him onside.

That's just what I see though. Tell me what you see.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:15 am

When you win headers you head it out of danger not feebly on to the head of the opposition, I'm not so much disgusted by the mistakes Ramos made as I am about his tactical unawareness, when the team is leading 2-1, he's not required to be the "striker cum playmaker all in one". He's supposed to keep things simple and stick to his defensive duties.

Like I earlier said, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Mourinho benches him more frequently, he was benched in the Copa Del Rey against Celta Vigo and the Champions league match against Man City, as the season progresses he'll no longer be an undisputed starter.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:32 pm

One weird thought. Just for fun - I would do a Bale to Ramos. You got the drift?

Bale used to be just like Ramos as a LB, an average one though. Put him on the wings, he flew. Draft Ramos as a right winger and you never know - you may end up with a bale on the right and sell the chicken head - Di Maria.

Ramos plays for Spain almost plays like a right winger - amazing speed with great physical attributes and his crosses are also decent. Did I hear someone say - Striker? No, Thanks.

But Seriously - what you guys think, apart from me joking?

This apart Of course we need to put Varane in center and move Ramos to right/buy one more RB
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:47 pm

the problem with moving ramos is that he has always seen himself as a CB even with his time as RB which he only played out of utility (madrid and spain both needed RBs)

now we desperately need a RB again and he continues to play CB.. hes moved enough, i doubt any manager would put him through that transition again unless it was an emergency

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:01 pm

Thing is both Pepe and Ramos can be haphazard at times. I don't think either of them are leaders at the back, though I can see Ramos turning into one. Varane is more composed overall. So maybe he can play instead of one of them.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:27 pm

He is not a right winger.

At most he can play as a forward when we are chasing the game, or perhaps as a driving midfielder...but even those I'm not particularly comfortable with.

I'm all for moving him to right back for the time being while we can find a new right back and develop Varane.

I would be much more enthused by a 3 centre back system because all 3 centre backs are well suited to it, as are Di maria and both left fullbacks.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Varane-Ramos would be great. Varane as the composed, elegant one, and Ramos as the 'fighter'. You can't let the heart on the bench(Ramos)>
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Ramos playing as right wing ? dafuq did i just read
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:42 pm

How about?

-----------------Ramos---Pepe---Varane

--Di Maria--------------Alonso/DM----------------Marcelo
--------------------Ozil---------Modric

-------------------Benzema----Ronaldo

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:19 pm

problem with that is half the time it will look like

-----------------------Pepe---Varane

-----------------------------ramos

--------------------------Alonso/DM----------------Marcelo
------------------------------Modric
-------------------------------Ozil
-----Di Maria -----Benzema----Ronaldo

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:54 pm

arbeloa is the problem.

every time he pushes forward he spreads the defense apart.

he is not even decent at attacking so why does he go forward!! when coentrao is already going forward on the other side is beyond me. He contributes nothing in attack or defense.

he runs into the middle pitch like an attacking midfield, he is on the edge of the box like a striker and when we lose the ball he is out of position.

he has no speed to get back and someone always has to run out of their defensive postion to cover for him.

he is useless, let varane play there, cause in my opinion he is the cause of the defensive problems in open play.

ramos will not move to the right back slot, let varane develop as a defender and be a starter in the right back slot as ramos did, when pepe loses his pace and athleticism, varane can easily slot into that position.

i would go even as far as playing nacho there instead of arbeloa right now
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Varane is already a better centre-back than Ramos in my opinion, he's a better ball distributor and has great tactical awareness. He'd eventually be a starter before the season ends.

Arbeloa is very deficient, he's a good backup right back but is simply not good enough to start for a club like Real Madrid, there are not many good rightbacks around who are not cup tied in the Champions League. So the best would be to alternate between him Ramos and Varane.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Pedram wrote:Ramos playing as right wing ? dafuq did i just read

Bench sounds about right had it not been Spain? But unfortunately it is so was looking for excuses to play him. Razz

I hope we sell Arbeloa and get a decent defender like Daniel Agger to play with Varane in center and Ramos on right. Send Pepe for meditation and play him for few years. If Ramos doesn't want to be on right, he can play for a new club. Perhaps buy back Carvajal. Also stop joking about Nacho.

I guess this would be decent.

CD: Agger(if bought rotate between 3) ,Pepe,Varane
LB: Marcelo, Fabio
RB: Ramos, Carvajal(if bought, otherwise Arbeloa will be backup for Ramos)

Over a period Varane can replace Pepe. For god's sake don't play Varane as RB. Kid has more sense/composure than Pepe & Ramos combined would have at their 50's.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:47 am

we became so obsessed with beating barca, i feel like its the only thing we can do now.

the team is built to beat barca. mindset, tactics everything.

if we face anyone else we have problems.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2