futbol
VanDeezNuts
vizkosity
McAgger
Donuts
huntsman
11 posters

Go down

Do you think Barcelona are on Track to Break Madrid's Records  Empty Do you think Barcelona are on Track to Break Madrid's Records

Post by huntsman Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:46 am

Do you think Barca this season, will break Madrid's goals scored and points earned record of last season?
If they continue the way they are playing, it is very possible.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Do you think Barcelona are on Track to Break Madrid's Records  Empty Re: Do you think Barcelona are on Track to Break Madrid's Records

Post by Donuts Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:45 pm

I don't know about goals scored, but points is definitely a possibility, almost halfway through the season with practically a perfect record except that one draw against Madrid.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Do you think Barcelona are on Track to Break Madrid's Records  Empty Re: Do you think Barcelona are on Track to Break Madrid's Records

Post by McAgger Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:53 pm

I really don't see them dropping 13 more points so they probably will but I'll pray to all the entities against it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:21 pm

alex song was right to join barca after all :3
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:30 pm

i dont know the exact points but i think they are more than on track to beat the record.

pretty sure they have more points at this point in the season than madrid did. not 100% though.

knowing barca, they probably will break the record.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:48 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:i dont know the exact points but i think they are more than on track to beat the record.

pretty sure they have more points at this point in the season than madrid did. not 100% though.

knowing barca, they probably will break the record.
http://www.statto.com/football/teams/real-madrid/2011-2012/results
Madrid had a worse first half season (compared to Barcelona's this year) but after December they went undefeated *in the league*
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:03 pm

Real Madrid after 16 match days had 40 points. If Barcelona beat Atletico Madrid next week in the Camp Nou (which they probably will), they will be on 46 points after 16 match days ...

IMO they didn't even hit top form yet. A lot of results were grinded out so far without Pique and Puyol available. Since they returned the whole team has been a lot more stable and is steadily improving. Alexis and Pedro aren't even contributing with goals so far, Villa is not at 100 % and so on. There is still a lot of room for improvement. Messi is usually playing better in the second half of the season, too. Fabregas is better integrated into the team. I'd be be surprised if they don't break the 100 point mark.

Of course Messi could suddenly break his leg as well next week.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:10 pm

Don't forget they have been very very lucky in some games.

In 2nd half of the league i don't think they will win as many as the first but they will break it. very possible.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:16 pm

what is more likely to happen is in the last 4-5 games, being guaranteed the league we might just play our B team and lose many points there..
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:20 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:i dont know the exact points but i think they are more than on track to beat the record.

knowing messi, they probably will break the record.
There ya go
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Who cares. As long as we win the league, doesn't matter how many goals/points we concede...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:07 pm

At this rate we won't beat any of the records because the league will be won several weeks earlier and we will then rest players and stop winning.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:50 am

Yeah I also see us becoming complacent at the end, it always happens. Assuming we go deep into the CL we might rest key players at the league's expense.

Also, Cesc's curse ffs.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down