+5
Onyx
The Madrid One
guest7
Ganso
Mr Nick09
9 posters

Go down

Cantera debate: cartera looming again Empty Cantera debate: cartera looming again

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 30 Jun 2011 - 23:39

There is an interesting debate going on right now on Marca, the tradtional Cantera vs Cartera. Its a debate that arises whenever we are linked to very young players, namely Varane (18) and Neymar (19) in this case, one we signed, and another one we are very strongly linked to.

I would like to get your opinion about the issue. What does it mean for castilla to make such young signings.

Is it the spanish medias blowing smokes up in people faces again?

Are we overrating the talent those kids have?

this is the article Marca published

There are only campers in Valdebebas, because there are outraged, and they are few. The signing of Varano and the probable arrival of the cup has overflowed Neymar discouragement-grown players, who see the Madrid paid 10 million for a central unknown 18 years that goes straight to the first team and the club is also willing to pay 45 million by another boy of 19 when the costumes Factory are full of talent.

The first has been injured by Varane Mateos (24 years). Mou counting to be sought to inform you that team, hours after he leaked the signing of French was done. Matthew's case is symptomatic that there is no room for local produce. He rose to the first team last year, went on loan to AEK, proved his worth ... and again to make a living away from the Bernabeu.

Nacho appears behind (21 years), international central lower in all categories and Mou already used (and praised) as a starter twice. One of the defenders with more projection of Spanish football. But Varane also closes the door.

The Neyman will be a blow especially to Jesse Rodriguez, the most talented of the quarry in years. The canary is a player very similar to Brazil, both physically short, explosive and powerful, like footballing-vertical, dribbling and goal, and very technical. "If Jesse would also be a starter in Brazil's Santos and a star ... You can be the same or better than Neymar, but as it is here, do not trust him ...", says a senior Valdebebas. For now, Jesse and Nacho will go to Los Angeles.

The players are very discouraged. They do not understand, they and their coaches in 25 chips there is no room for two homegrown. Hence, the tail of castles in the Bernabeu asking for a transfer or an assignment almost turn the stadium. Sarabia, Juan Carlos, Juanfran, Fran Rico ... The majority seeks a way out. And those who stay do so angry.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Cantera debate: cartera looming again Empty Re: Cantera debate: cartera looming again

Post by Ganso Thu 30 Jun 2011 - 23:54

i completely understand how the spainards feel,but by no means these kids are better than aguero,neymar,coentrao,pepe/carvalho etc

i must admit that the signing of that french guy was unnecessary with the cantera's quality.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Cantera debate: cartera looming again Empty Re: Cantera debate: cartera looming again

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 0:01

To me, the signing of Varane is one that we cant question.

We dont produce quality CB. Our most talented CB is 16, Ivan Saez, then you have another playing with RMC not even castilla.

for us to have bought that kid so young, mou and his staff must have seen something exceptional.

They talk about Mateos, but i have been calling his hype as a fraud for a year. People bashed me, but you cant be 24, still playing for Castilla, and be the gem everyone missed.

We have one of the most exposed cantera in spain, if Mateos was such a genius he wouldnt have been there at 24
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 0:02

I have to agree with this lowering the quality of our castilla. When we ruin their moral like this there is no way they want to stay with us
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 0:02

im talking about nacho(if he can play as a CB)
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 0:03

Very sad and very true

I agree about Jesse We should have put faith in him last year and Sarabia should of been promoted instead of buying back Callejon or getting Leon in the first place imo

Hard situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 0:10

Ganso wrote:im talking about nacho(if he can play as a CB)

true, nacho is a very solid player. he plays across the defense like Arbeloa, but i think he started as RB, played LB and then moved as CB because we were lacking quality and Mateos got promoted.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 0:17

i guess this is one of the things mou wants to improve on, i see us maybe buying youngsters at a very young age and producing them in the castilla at some point.

the spanish media is being a bitch here, always picking at everything.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 0:24

The Madrid One wrote:i guess this is one of the things mou wants to improve on, i see us maybe buying youngsters at a very young age and producing them in the castilla at some point.

the spanish media is being a bitch here, always picking at everything.

so you dont think it's a legitimate question to ask?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 0:51

i read the article in spanish, i think they are overblowing it, im sure mourinho wants to work on this, if the changes that have been heard of are taking place, then this is def one of the topics, how to handle the castilla youth.

im sure jese will get his opportunities but why talk about nacho and mateos? i think they kinda blow some of their things over poportion
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 0:53

IMO Jese, Sarabia and Morata are the only ones at this point in time I can see making an impact in the first team

There are others like Carlos, Alex, Joselu that show promise but are not on the same level.

If we can find a way to introduce these guys somehow then I think the media would stop their bitching

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 1:01

its not about prvoing the media wrong per say, they just wish our starting 11 was cantera, what we have to do is find a good balance. mou should work on this
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 1:32

Sarabia can rotate with Callejon and Morata can be third striker.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 1:45

I think Marca is becoming desperate. We have always been a club looking for best talent. We try to homegrow some but the majority comes fromoutside. Case in point, the last 2 young signing were Canales and Garay from Santander.

We don't have any equilvalent talent in our system equal to Varane nor Neymar. I don't believe Mateos nor Nacho are any better the Pavon nor Torres. If they did make the team they would be behind Albiol.

What is harmful to the academy is Mou and previous coaches never giving any Cantera a legitimate chance to make club. It could have happened when they got Garay and Marco Alonso was looking promising. It may happen with Nacho and Mejias (on a spare roster) or possibly Morata and Sarabia, but I doubt it. That's more discouraging when year after year, noone gets a chance (as opposed to Barca who almost ever year give 1 or 2 a good shot at team).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 1:47

as it has been said before,madrid signed Mou already knowing that hes no fan of giving youth opportunity
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 4:03

Ganso wrote:as it has been said before,madrid signed Mou already knowing that hes no fan of giving youth opportunity
id try to fix ur brains but you got none so nvm... :coffee:
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 5:21

i am made to believe that Mou runs the youth now pale

honestly i would be happy if Morata gets promoted instead of us getting some other striker.....
he is real talent....
and we should NOT get Neymar
i agree that Jese is as good
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 5:42

what do u guys think will happen with jese, i mean mourinho aint stupid, im sure hes been watching over sarabia,morata,jese
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 10:00

Well Sarabia is going out to Getafe, I hope Morata gets promoted if we don't sing Aguero and Jese may be give a full season with Castilla to get them promoted and from there I don't mind replacing Callejon with Jese.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 10:08

The Madrid One wrote:what do u guys think will happen with jese, i mean mourinho aint stupid, im sure hes been watching over sarabia,morata,jese
You're deluded if you think they will get a proper chance to shine here, just look at Canales. Same thing will happen to those guys. Is it so hard to accept that your beloved Mourinho isn't a perfect?

OT: I think it hit in the head of the nail. Too long our youths has been treated like garbage and I'm not sure if that is going to change anytime soon with our recent purchases.
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 16:58

Error wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:what do u guys think will happen with jese, i mean mourinho aint stupid, im sure hes been watching over sarabia,morata,jese
You're deluded if you think they will get a proper chance to shine here, just look at Canales. Same thing will happen to those guys. Is it so hard to accept that your beloved Mourinho isn't a perfect?

OT: I think it hit in the head of the nail. Too long our youths has been treated like garbage and I'm not sure if that is going to change anytime soon with our recent purchases.

whatever floats ur boat alligator.. bounce :arrow:
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down