Deschamps: Leaving Juventus was my biggest mistake

2 posters

Go down

Deschamps: Leaving Juventus was my biggest mistake  Empty Deschamps: Leaving Juventus was my biggest mistake

Post by DeviAngel Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:55 pm

Didier Deschamps says his decision to leave Juventus after just one season in charge is the biggest mistake of his career to date.

The France coach enjoyed five glorious years as a player with the Bianconeri, and returned in a coaching capacity in 2006, guiding the club to the Serie B title before departing following alleged clashes with senior management.

"I did not know what team I was returning back to," Deschamps told France Football.

"Fortunately, we managed to keep a few large players, such as [Gianluigi] Buffon, [Alessandro] Del Piero, [Pavel] Nedved and David Trezeguet, and I immediately had a team.

"It was an opportunity for me to give back everything Juve have given to me and it was a real source of pride.

"It is a pity, though, that I made my biggest mistake in deciding to go, but I didn't know it until afterwards."

After leaving the Old Lady, the 44-year-old spent three years with Olympique de Marseille, before being named the head coach of les Bleus last June.

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Deschamps: Leaving Juventus was my biggest mistake  Empty Re: Deschamps: Leaving Juventus was my biggest mistake

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:15 pm

I respect him and he would be welcomed back in a different role but he's obviously deeply regretting parting ways after he got us promoted.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down