Juventude
MMM
Luca
Tomwin Lannister
8 posters

Go down

According to Marotta Empty According to Marotta

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Beppe Marotta says Juventus are unable to afford some of the world's best players, despite the Serie A champions being linked with a number of big names.

The Old Lady are reportedly in the market for a new striker and the likes of Real Madrid's Gonzalo Higuain and Manchester City's Edin Dzeko have been tipped for a move to Turin in January.

Marotta, though, has said the club does not have the financial power to attract those types of players to Juventus stadium, and he admitted the financial situation in Italy has left a number of clubs in a similar position.

"[Robin]van Persie, Higuain, [Luis] Suarez and Dzeko? They are great names, but it is almost a utopian way to think," he told Corriere dello Sport.

"I don't speak only for Juventus, but for all the Italian teams. We are in a time of great decline, so I think it's really difficult to imagine that a team may invest more than €30 million for a player of this quality."

Despite being the second highest scorers in the division, Antonio Conte's team have struggled to find a regular goalscorer, but Marotta's admission looks to have put an end to rumours of the Bianconeri bolstering their attack.

Juve suffered their first league defeat of the season against Inter last Saturday and are now just one point clear at the top of Serie A as they look to retain their Serie A crown.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry but this is complete Bs, we are back in the CL, we get revenue from our privately owned stadium and if we get to the CL round of 16 we get another 8 figure sum of money.

We have fans from all around the globe buying merchandise and our wage structure is not out of control.

You have a multitude of teams spending 20-30M on nearly EACH position, I doubt the financial crisis in Italy means we can't buy one single world class player whereas other teams have squads lined up with big money players.

No, we can't go and spend 120M on 4 players but if we can't spend 25-30M on one striker then something's wrong. This is Juventus, tied to Elkann and the Agnelli family. We are not Udinese.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

According to Marotta Empty Re: According to Marotta

Post by Luca Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:54 pm

"I don't speak only for Juventus, but for all the Italian teams. We are in a time of great decline, so I think it's really difficult to imagine that a team may invest more than €30 million for a player of this quality."

This is how I know he is lying
He hasn't spent more than 20M on a player since joining Juventus, let alone 30.

Not to mention there is not a difference between signing 6 players for 90 million, instead of 3 for 90

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MMM Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:19 am

This is the way to make fans celebrate like hell after signing llorente Very Happy
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:15 pm

I don't think he's lying. We ran up major debts while building the stadium and spending after Calciopoli. Anyways, rarely do big names move in January and if great players do get sold in January, they are usually overpriced compared to the summer window.

The biggest name we can possibly get is Llorente because of his potential Bosman status in the summer.

I think it's funny when people on the board are in denial about the financial situation in Italy. Juve may be in a better position compared to other Italian teams, but don't forget what we went through the last five years.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:57 pm

why don't Juve consider Rossi? seems like the perfect solution
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Is Rossi even back from his injury yet? If so hows he doing?

Either way, hes not the clinical target man were looking for. Hes a creative SS with a rocket of a left foot. Were now.being linked with Lewandowski. I thibj Lewandowski would be a great move, but not for 35 mil like its being suggested. Still think we shoulda went for Barrios before he went to China.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:23 pm

zarola wrote:why don't Juve consider Rossi? seems like the perfect solution

He just isn't though, consecutive long term knee injuries
He is a low risk gamble, because the fee to buy him would be low and so would his wages

But from what I read he's out until March, so, that still leaves Juventus short and dependent on a player who just might not return to his best if we are being realistic

He could be a definite third or fourth option in attack but Juventus really need a prominent forward that can slot into the starting 11, who would be a definite class above the current attack

Two years ago Rossi would have fit

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:42 pm

Juventude wrote:I don't think he's lying. We ran up major debts while building the stadium and spending after Calciopoli. Anyways, rarely do big names move in January and if great players do get sold in January, they are usually overpriced compared to the summer window.

The biggest name we can possibly get is Llorente because of his potential Bosman status in the summer.

I think it's funny when people on the board are in denial about the financial situation in Italy. Juve may be in a better position compared to other Italian teams, but don't forget what we went through the last five years.

+999
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:18 pm

Luca wrote:

He is a low risk gamble, because the fee to buy him would be low and so would his wages

But from what I read he's out until March, so, that still leaves Juventus short and dependent on a player who just might not return to his best if we are being realistic

He could be a definite third or fourth option in attack but Juventus really need a prominent forward that can slot into the starting 11, who would be a definite class above the current attack

I agree. I feel bad for Rossi. I would have loved to have Rossi two years ago. Even if he were in his original form, he's just not at a position we need. We have enough players that can play at the SS position with Gio, Vucinic, and Quags. Quags and Vucinic can sometimes play as CFs, but Matri is really our only pure CF and he's not cutting it right now.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:34 pm

Juventude wrote:
Luca wrote:

I agree. I feel bad for Rossi. I would have loved to have Rossi two years ago. Even if he were in his original form, he's just not at a position we need. We have enough players that can play at the SS position with Gio, Vucinic, and Quags. Quags and Vucinic can sometimes play as CFs, but Matri is really our only pure CF and he's not cutting it right now.

Don't forget Bendtner at CF Smile
Honestly, Giovinco operates as more of a CF usually and this is not ideal
Vucinic is yet to have a big game this season where we all quiet down about the attack having problems
I'm hoping Giovinco's goal in the champions league sparks him but I'm just not sure

Quagliarella scored so I expect to see him on the bench next game

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:38 pm

Quagli > Rossi

apart from that powerful shot I don't see in what Rossi is good :/ .. I was never his fan..

Lets being Cardozo in Torino ! He is beast
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:54 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Quagli > Rossi

apart from that powerful shot I don't see in what Rossi is good :/ .. I was never his fan..

We could say the same thing about Cardozo in that case though Dejan

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Luca wrote:

Don't forget Bendtner at CF Smile
Honestly, Giovinco operates as more of a CF usually and this is not ideal
Vucinic is yet to have a big game this season where we all quiet down about the attack having problems
I'm hoping Giovinco's goal in the champions league sparks him but I'm just not sure

Quagliarella scored so I expect to see him on the bench next game

Poor Bendtner. I completely forgot about him.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:42 pm

I actually think Rossi's good and he might be a good solution for us, he had 32 goals in all competitions two seasons ago and i think if he's fit and can get back in form he would be a good signing because he has played with some of the players in Juventus since he played for Italy, less of a risk than Llorente since he's probably going to be cheaper and he isn't spanish, he's from Italy so he might not flop and he can actually get past players.I don't mind if we sign Llorente though, as long as we get a world class striker or a striker who can score us goals, im happy.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MMM Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:52 pm

GIGItheBest wrote:I actually think Rossi's good and he might be a good solution for us, he had 32 goals in all competitions two seasons ago and i think if he's fit and can get back in form he would be a good signing because he has played with some of the players in Juventus since he played for Italy, less of a risk than Llorente since he's probably going to be cheaper and he isn't spanish, he's from Italy so he might not flop and he can actually get past players.I don't mind if we sign Llorente though, as long as we get a world class striker or a striker who can score us goals, im happy.
As others mentioned above, he is not a goal scoring striker, he plays as SS. In case of comparison between him and llorente, I'll go for llorente anyday. Llorente is a better goal scorer than rossi can ever be and he is a CF. other than that we all remember what happend to Quags after a knee injury. The only difference is that it happened to rossi twice.
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:25 pm

Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:Quagli > Rossi

We could say the same thing about Cardozo in that case though Dejan

Sorry bro but Cardozo is one of the deadliest strikers in the world. Last season for him to score the coef. in the betting were 1.30 only Di Natale had lower. he is killer here is his stats in Benfica

2007– Benfica 141 (94)
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down