shinigami99
messixaviesta
BarrileteCosmico
nj
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

?

Do you want Cesc at Barca? Vote_lcap24%Do you want Cesc at Barca? Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 8 ]
Do you want Cesc at Barca? Vote_lcap76%Do you want Cesc at Barca? Vote_rcap 76% 
[ 25 ]

Total Votes : 33

Do you want Cesc at Barca? Empty Do you want Cesc at Barca?

Post by nj Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:46 pm

i'm sure you've been discussing this for a while, but i wanted to have a clear view about what Barca fans think of this trough a poll.

so: yes or no?
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Do you want Cesc at Barca? Empty Re: Do you want Cesc at Barca?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:56 pm

Absolutely not.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:58 pm

Already written too much about this. So just voting - no of course. It's pointless though since the transfer seems 99% likely to happen.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:21 pm

No. If it happens, a good player will rot on the bench.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Do you want Cesc at Barca? No_gif

Answer the question?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:46 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Do you want Cesc at Barca? No_gif

lmao, i dont know if you watch The Office, but this was litteraly my best moment of that show, no kidding.
(Michael finding out that Toby, who he hates with all his heart, was still there)

Last edited by nj on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:48 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Do you want Cesc at Barca? No_gif

+100000

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:09 pm

Not this season!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:12 pm

Yes. He will warm the bench for one maybe two seasons and then he'll be our next xavi
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:24 pm

billy_gr wrote:Yes. He will warm the bench for one maybe two seasons and then he'll be our next xavi

Why not buy him in one or two seasons for now then?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:38 pm

The Franchise wrote:

I think he has lost the desire to play for Arsenal. If we don't buy him now he could either get disillusioned and his game could deteriorate or he could well move to another club. Not saying we should buy him at all but just trying to give some explanation for why it's doesn't make too much sense to wait for one or two years. We shouldn't think we have some kind of ownership over him. If we don't take him then he is free to either move somewhere else or hope that Arsenal spends enough money and builds a top class team in which case he can cut off all ties with us. Either way if we don't buy him now then we should not make plans considering that he will be ours in future. All possibilities should remain open for both him and us. That's how I prefer it rather than either side claiming any imaginary rights over each other.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:40 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

I think he has lost the desire to play for Arsenal. If we don't buy him now he could either get disillusioned and his game could deteriorate or he could well move to another club.

Fine with me. Cool
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:29 pm

The Franchise wrote:
billy_gr wrote:Yes. He will warm the bench for one maybe two seasons and then he'll be our next xavi

why risk loosing him to another club.
Plus it's not like he won't help from the bench.

the same people that complained about our subs quality last season are arguing against super subs (and potential leaders) in this one

I too would rather have Thiago silva or david luiz over cesc but since he's to come let's see the positives
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:52 pm

billy_gr wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

why risk loosing him to another club.
Plus it's not like he won't help from the bench.

the same people that complained about our subs quality last season are arguing against super subs (and potential leaders) in this one

I too would rather have Thiago silva or david luiz over cesc but since he's to come let's see the positives

Where else is he going? He loves Arsenal, he isnt desperate to leave. Seriously, where else is he going to go.

But, lets say, he goes somewhere else....so what? We will just use one of the very many young players we have?

Sub quality? People only complained because there was gaps in the squad...there isnt a gap in midfield.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:57 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

I think he has lost the desire to play for Arsenal. If we don't buy him now he could either get disillusioned and his game could deteriorate or he could well move to another club. Not saying we should buy him at all but just trying to give some explanation for why it's doesn't make too much sense to wait for one or two years. We shouldn't think we have some kind of ownership over him. If we don't take him then he is free to either move somewhere else or hope that Arsenal spends enough money and builds a top class team in which case he can cut off all ties with us. Either way if we don't buy him now then we should not make plans considering that he will be ours in future. All possibilities should remain open for both him and us. That's how I prefer it rather than either side claiming any imaginary rights over each other.

He isnt going anywhere else, I am pretty sure of that. He loves Arsenal, he isnt desperate to leave at all. He is only desperate to go to Barca.

Isnt it wise to take transfer decisions based yearly? As in, do we need him now? No? Then we dont sign him.

Lets revisit the topic in 2 years. Do we need him? Yes? Then we will go for him.

He has gone somewhere else? Ok, so we will sign someone else, or better yet use one of the kids we have...say Thiago's younger brother who is supposedly better then even Thaigo? How about Sergi Samper? Its not important who, but lets review the subject when its the time.

Dont understand the logic of, buy him now before its too late, not when you dont need him now and there could be other options out there anyway.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:06 pm

He will come to us dani.

Better sign him now before we troll you. mwahaha
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:54 pm

Not
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:59 pm

I want Cesc at Barca, but now is not the time.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:47 pm

The Franchise wrote:
He isnt going anywhere else, I am pretty sure of that. He loves Arsenal, he isnt desperate to leave at all. He is only desperate to go to Barca.

Isnt it wise to take transfer decisions based yearly? As in, do we need him now? No? Then we dont sign him.

Lets revisit the topic in 2 years. Do we need him? Yes? Then we will go for him.

He has gone somewhere else? Ok, so we will sign someone else, or better yet use one of the kids we have...say Thiago's younger brother who is supposedly better then even Thaigo? How about Sergi Samper? Its not important who, but lets review the subject when its the time.

Dont understand the logic of, buy him now before its too late, not when you dont need him now and there could be other options out there anyway.

dani, a few things must be mentioned clearly here.

1. He seems like he is desperate to come to Barca but actually he is even more desperate for success. Since we have shown interest in getting him back he has combined some other desires along with that of success and is not really thinking of anything else at the moment. If we back out then he will reconsider the situation. First he will see if Arsenal will spend enough money to plug the gaps in the squad and really challenge for all the major honors. If not then he will move to any other big club which can give him the success he desires more than anything else. Either way he will be committed to some club soon - Arsenal or some other.

2. Of course dani I have said before and agree completely that transfer decisions should be taken on a need basis. What I insist is that they be taken with complete freedom. This applies to both us and Fabregas. What has happened during the last few months is not something I like. We gave up on Ozil and D.Silva probably because it was like this place is reserved for Fabregas and only he can take it. Similarly he considered clubs like Milan, Inter and even Real Madrid a little bit but not too seriously simply because he had a belief that Barcelona would take him back. Things would be very different if we had given him a different message such as we can't say whether we will ever need you back and after all it was your decision to leave. What I insist is that both sides give up these imaginary claims on each other. It's not fair to anyone including Arsenal. What's the point of a club's captain all the time dreaming of playing for another club? If you are that desperate for each other then get together right now. If not then give up all these claims and all future evaluations made by both sides should be almost purely objective.

3. I am not in favor of purchasing Fabregas. I am just not opposing it vehemently out of reverence for Pep because it is clearly his desire. However this saga must end either way. It has tortured everybody for too long including Arsenal fans, Barcelona fans and all other football followers as well. Either he moves to Barcelona or the matter is closed in a way that both sides stop talking about each other and concentrate on what they have to do. When the next summer arrives they can each evaluate what they want to do but are in no way bound to go for each other ahead of some other attractive proposition in the market.

I hope I have made my thoughts on this matter very clear now.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:45 am

He isn’t going anywhere?
I like this certainty. Like if we don’t sign him and some other club offers a shitload of money to Arsenal they won’t sell him.

Using someone else?
To my eyes Cesc is the closest thing we can find to Xavi, not only in terms of ability and skill but love for the team and philosophy.
But of course we can always try JDS.

The real question is, what are the negatives from having him now instead of 2 years?
We do agree that he is needed here in the long run and I rather have Fabregas in instead of Keita thousand times
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:46 am

No, because of what Dani said. I'd rather it happen in 2 years.

Yes, because I'm so f***ing sick of this transfer circus!!! OMG!
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:50 am

www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:53 am

You should have a maybe option. Lately i am undecided. Normally i was against it because of Thiago and the price. But i am getting really tired with this crap so i am thinking we might just get over with it and sing him now. So i really do not know what position to take.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:48 am

I also believe we should have a 50/50 option because, while not too indicative, there are two sides to it. Clearly our midfield isn't thin, nor do we have vast amounts of cash to drop, and with Xaviesta it just doesn't seem smart. But it makes you wonder how much stronger it could make the team.

Xavi has said, apparently that he wouldnt fear Cesc's competition but if you consider thiago, that doesn't help his development at all. And if cesc couldn't take Xavi's starting spot next season then that would be an awful lot that we spend for backup. But we also have to consider Iniesta, and the fact that he too could face injury or less likely, dip in form. But both are possibilities for all four of these said midfielders.

So its tough to cast a vote at least for me, because if we do end up getting Cesc, and certain scenarios happen, like say (god forbid) more than one of our top midfielders faces an injury then having Cesc or thiago or possibly both as backups would seem genius. But that's a big "if" considering how crowded a midfield we already have, and if Fab were to warm the bench, it would be yet another less than great transfer on our part.

So to me, it comes down to a 50/50, because last season, as deep as our midfield was, it was also where we had some of the most trouble when Xavi didn't look 100% which leads me to believe that if we do get cesc (and Alexis), there will be no lack of depth, but it may be unnecessary spending as well. Defense has been almost neglected and although we have our youngsters, my take on cesc is 50/50 and if he does move, only time will tell whether it was a good move this year or not. Too many factors in the end.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Interesting to see this. Do majority of Barca fans feel this way as well?
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next