Die Borussen
Be/\/ceCALI
Onyx
halamadrid2
Abramovich
urbaNRoots
14 posters

Go down

CEO of Man United, becomes  FA's new Vice-Chairman Empty CEO of Man United, becomes FA's new Vice-Chairman

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:31 pm

David Gill is the new Vice-Chairman of the FA, while retaining his post as the Chief Executive of Man United.

Come on....this is just wrong.....

Back to top Go down

CEO of Man United, becomes  FA's new Vice-Chairman Empty Re: CEO of Man United, becomes FA's new Vice-Chairman

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:32 pm

Atleast they made if official Razz
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

CEO of Man United, becomes  FA's new Vice-Chairman Empty Re: CEO of Man United, becomes FA's new Vice-Chairman

Post by Abramovich Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:36 pm

Well at least Ref United fans can't deny no more.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:36 pm

rofl, he is just there to give every player a fine so that he can squeeze every penny from FA for his own purposes

Nah but seriously WTF, the guy can't even own a club properly let alone be the fcking face of FA
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:39 pm

Retained his post? Shocked

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Anybody surprised by this?

the FA is United's b1tch.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:44 pm

nothing wrong with it

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:59 pm

Its a conflict of interest for sure, but the Chairman of Bolton has served as a Vice-Chairman for awhile and I never heard a peep of complaint there hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:17 pm

Swanhends wrote:Its a conflict of interest for sure, but the Chairman of Bolton has served as a Vice-Chairman for awhile and I never heard a peep of complaint there hmm

he isn't that known so he probably didn't have that much say in decisions, he is kind of like Nick Clegg, being there but not being allowed to utter a word because of fear you will be ignored

David Gill is a whole other matter, seriously i can't see why he wants this post, he has definitely something up his sleeve
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:05 pm

Stay on topic.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:18 pm

Get in!!

Cool
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Had to look at Rawk once I saw this thread. No doubt they are crying about it. surprise surprise lol. *****!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:22 pm

Today is a good day to be an UTD fan.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:24 pm

David Dein had a similar position with the FA. Course, he never wrangled favours for Arsenal during his tenure
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:27 pm

exactly. And whatever about him being a cash obsessed snake with kent brockman's attitude towards the Glazers. He seems to be by all accounts a very smooth, competent and effective chief executive. Whatever else you might say about man utd, they are very well run off the pitch, and go about their immensely lucrative, evil business with the minimum fuss. That counts for a lot when the Premier League chief executives come to pick someone to represent their interests in the FA. I would be very surprised if we didn't vote for him. Similarly when it comes to picking someone to represent the CL clubs on the ECA, we probably voted for him as well. And it probably isn't much of a surprise that the FA are going to pick him.

I'm not saying that the man is a giant, far from it. More that he is the tallest pygmy in the village when it comes to football executives. I mean truly, with your hand on your heart, having seen the behind the scenes documentary, do you think that the other PL Chief executives are going to be headhunting Ian Ayre to be the PL's man on the FA board any time soon? And he's probably near to the top of the class.

The other thing is that I suspect the clubs are pretty aware of the level of influence wielded by their representative. If being the Premier league's representative on the FA enabled you to become this shadowy, behind the scenes powerbroker, I seriously doubt that the other chief executives would just hand that over to man utd. David Gill being on the board of the FA didn't really count for much when wayne rooney became the first premier league footballer to be banned for swearing. I'm sure that there were plenty of man utd fans in tinfoil hats who put that down to FA chairman david Bernstein being a former chairman of City, and making sure that rooney couldn't play against them in the FA cup Semi-final. But it's amazing where you can wind up when you start to pay too much attention to club affiliations and start questioning the independence of the FA's disciplinary panel.

What David Gill is there for is to keep making sure that the FA allows premier league clubs do pretty much what they want, be sold to whoever they want, and enable them to make as much money as possible, and not have to hand over as little to grass roots football as possible. he's there to make sure that football is run for the benefit of the insiders of the professional game, rather than the game as a whole. Unfortunately there is very little that our owners would disagree with there, and the same is true for all other premier league clubs.

Given the way that football has been massively tilted in favour of big clubs making huge money, and with that comes the fact that all big teams get more favourable questionable decisions from referees, to the outside world, the obsession of some liverpool fans with David Gill just looks like the fans of one huge, privileged club complaining that a system skewed in their favour, is unfair to them for some unclear reason.

From a rawk poster.

*round of applause*
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:35 pm

RED wrote:
exactly. And whatever about him being a cash obsessed snake with kent brockman's attitude towards the Glazers. He seems to be by all accounts a very smooth, competent and effective chief executive. Whatever else you might say about man utd, they are very well run off the pitch, and go about their immensely lucrative, evil business with the minimum fuss. That counts for a lot when the Premier League chief executives come to pick someone to represent their interests in the FA. I would be very surprised if we didn't vote for him. Similarly when it comes to picking someone to represent the CL clubs on the ECA, we probably voted for him as well. And it probably isn't much of a surprise that the FA are going to pick him.

I'm not saying that the man is a giant, far from it. More that he is the tallest pygmy in the village when it comes to football executives. I mean truly, with your hand on your heart, having seen the behind the scenes documentary, do you think that the other PL Chief executives are going to be headhunting Ian Ayre to be the PL's man on the FA board any time soon? And he's probably near to the top of the class.

The other thing is that I suspect the clubs are pretty aware of the level of influence wielded by their representative. If being the Premier league's representative on the FA enabled you to become this shadowy, behind the scenes powerbroker, I seriously doubt that the other chief executives would just hand that over to man utd. David Gill being on the board of the FA didn't really count for much when wayne rooney became the first premier league footballer to be banned for swearing. I'm sure that there were plenty of man utd fans in tinfoil hats who put that down to FA chairman david Bernstein being a former chairman of City, and making sure that rooney couldn't play against them in the FA cup Semi-final. But it's amazing where you can wind up when you start to pay too much attention to club affiliations and start questioning the independence of the FA's disciplinary panel.

What David Gill is there for is to keep making sure that the FA allows premier league clubs do pretty much what they want, be sold to whoever they want, and enable them to make as much money as possible, and not have to hand over as little to grass roots football as possible. he's there to make sure that football is run for the benefit of the insiders of the professional game, rather than the game as a whole. Unfortunately there is very little that our owners would disagree with there, and the same is true for all other premier league clubs.

Given the way that football has been massively tilted in favour of big clubs making huge money, and with that comes the fact that all big teams get more favourable questionable decisions from referees, to the outside world, the obsession of some liverpool fans with David Gill just looks like the fans of one huge, privileged club complaining that a system skewed in their favour, is unfair to them for some unclear reason.

From a rawk poster.

*round of applause*

As much as do actually believe that FA is in favour towards United, RAWK cannot be used in any form to represent Liverpool fans as that place is a cesspool of utter crap and a waste of cyberspace. Just like any single club forum e.g Redcafe, Red and Black Forums.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:49 pm

cue a whole new brand of meme's for david gill now everytime United get a call, step aside Howard Webb its David Gill time :facepalm:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:57 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
RED wrote:

From a rawk poster.

*round of applause*

As much as do actually believe that FA is in favour towards United, RAWK cannot be used in any form to represent Liverpool fans as that place is a cesspool of utter crap and a waste of cyberspace. Just like any single club forum e.g Redcafe, Red and Black Forums.

Ofcourse...I'm in no way associating them with all LFC fans. Majority of them on that site....well about 98%, are a joke.

That's why I immediately went to that site after seeing this news, because I knew i would get a few laughs due to them being so wound up by it.

Surprised to read one or 2 sensible posters on there tho Shocked . They will be tagged as "mancs" now for not joing the "conspiracy United rule the FA" brigade.

Last edited by RED on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:58 pm

Careful with Utd players now!

Before it was a penalty, now some additional bans on side.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum