McAgger
Art Morte
stevieg8
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Recent Interview Quotes Empty Recent Interview Quotes

Post by stevieg8 Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:00 pm

Couple of things I've seen lately that I've been surprised haven't made it to this section.

Enrique on his recent form:
The Spaniard first noticed an injury prior to the Reds' Barclays Premier League opener against West Brom and revealed how the situation has since prevented him from performing to the best of his ability.

However, the full-back is confident that following a recent injection, he can return to full fitness and stake a claim for a regular role in Brendan Rodgers' starting XI.

"I don't know quite what the problem is but I have been playing with a lot of pain," he explained. "I had an injection in my knee so hopefully that will settle it down and allow me to find my form again because it is difficult playing with pain.

"It is something behind my knee and I have had to be very careful with it. I've been trying to play with it but it is not 100 per cent.

"I felt it in training before the opening day of the season at West Brom and since then it has been very bad. Hopefully the injection will sort it out.

"Obviously with a new manager at the club you want to be at your best, but I want to play to help us climb up the table.

"I want to get back as soon as possible."

Second article, from a few days ago; Rodgers on Downing and Enrique's attitudes:

Enrique, 26, was set to miss Saturday's Premier League trip to Norwich through injury, while Downing, 28, has been uncertain even of a place in the squad of late, having been left out altogether for the defeat at home to Manchester United last Sunday.

Rodgers was frustrated by the former Villa winger's performance against Young Boys in the Europa League just over a week ago, and there was little sign of improvement at West Brom in the Capital One Cup last Wednesday.

"Stewart is a good guy but it hasn't quite worked out for him as he would want it," Rodgers said in The Guardian. "The big challenge for him now is that commitment to the cause - to fight - because he has the qualities. Talent alone is not enough. You have to work hard. You have to fight for the shirt. I will keep private the discussions Stewart and I have had but he is under no illusion that he has to fight."

Rodgers has delivered the same warning to Enrique, who was responsible for two of the goals Liverpool conceded in their 5-3 win over Young Boys.

"What is important is that you have good communication," the manager added. "I don't waste my time waiting until January to tell both players what I know now. So they know in relation to the demands of what we want and certainly what it is going to take for us to succeed and for them to fit into the dynamics of the group.

"It is about the hunger and desire and that is why you admire big players who stay at the top for as long as they can because it is not just what they are doing in games.

"In order to be like that, that is what they are doing every single day of their life. Look at Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher. They are immaculate. It is a way of life and if you prepare yourself right that will ultimately lead to success, but if you are not quite right in your preparation and you come in looking in for an easy life, to pick up your money, it won't be here. We are a club that has to be fighting going forward. I am out there every day, assessing what is going on.

"Status does not matter. It is what you are like as a player. It doesn't matter how much money you have come for. That doesn't matter to me. I will play a 17-year-old if he fights and he has quality. It is quite easy."

Finally, on renewing Suso:
"The contract is something we're looking at," Rodgers told the Liverpool Echo. "Suso makes things happen. He is tactically very good and strong technically with the ball.

"I love that type of player. You saw that when he came on against West Brom for the goal. He took the ball out of a tight space. Talent finds space and he is a real talent. He knows he still has a lot to learn but he's a good kid."

Suso earned a regular spot in Rodgers' first-team squad after impressing during the club's pre-season tour of North America.

"I have noticed a big progression in him since America," Rodgers added. "I thought he looked a bit tired when he came over as he had just come out of the Euro Under-19 Championships with Spain. Within a couple of days, he was on a plane and I was demanding him to work hard.

"I have seen a real difference in him in the last couple of months since I brought him up to Melwood. He has got a really good appetite for the game.

"He is on the same page in terms of the tactical idea for the team. If his fight matches his talent then we will have a very good player. "We had a couple of offers for him to go abroad in the summer but I always said I didn't want him to go.

"I felt we had a very good young player so let's keep him here. He was keen to stay as he understood he was going to get a chance here. He's done very well in this early stage."
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Recent Interview Quotes Empty Re: Recent Interview Quotes

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:51 am

Don't know what to say about Enrique. I just hope he finds his form because we need him with Kelly out so long.

If Suso is just happy to stay in England, I'm sure he will renew his contract with us. But if he fancies moving back to Spain, then he might see this as an opportunity to do that - I'm sure there are clubs who'd gladly take him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Henderson on future:
Jordan Henderson has spoken of his determination to fight for a place in the Liverpool first team and spend his entire career at the club.

The England U21 captain has had limited playing time in the league so far this term, though has featured in six cup games.

And he told Sky Sports News: "I love playing for Liverpool, it is a real passion of mine.

"When I put the shirt on it is a real honour to go out and play for Liverpool so I want to do that for the rest of my career.

"I will keep fighting and I have belief in my own ability that I can be a success here."

Though having to fight hard for a Premier League place, Henderson is enjoying life under new boss Brendan Rodgers.

He said: "I have got a good relationship with the manger, I think everybody has, and I feel he has improved my game since he came to the club.

"I think I have got that bit more confidence in my ability and I think you can see that in my performances."

Would love to have him for the rest of his career. He has a high ceiling and would do wonders for us. Great to see that he loves the club.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:20 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Henderson on future:
Jordan Henderson has spoken of his determination to fight for a place in the Liverpool first team and spend his entire career at the club.

The England U21 captain has had limited playing time in the league so far this term, though has featured in six cup games.

And he told Sky Sports News: "I love playing for Liverpool, it is a real passion of mine.

"When I put the shirt on it is a real honour to go out and play for Liverpool so I want to do that for the rest of my career.

"I will keep fighting and I have belief in my own ability that I can be a success here."

Though having to fight hard for a Premier League place, Henderson is enjoying life under new boss Brendan Rodgers.

He said: "I have got a good relationship with the manger, I think everybody has, and I feel he has improved my game since he came to the club.

"I think I have got that bit more confidence in my ability and I think you can see that in my performances."

Would love to have him for the rest of his career. He has a high ceiling and would do wonders for us. Great to see that he loves the club.
I'm not as sold on Hendo. He has yet to really establish himself in any position. He's been used wide: he was ineffective. He's been used in the center: he has raw talent, but he can't decide if he's a deep cm or a cam and he's prone to disappearing in games. He's already decisively been overtaken by Shelvey in the pecking order, and it looks like Suso has done the same, or is at least very close.

I think Rodgers may be looking to convert him to a more Joe Allen-esque role, playing him deep and looking to have him recycle possession and orchestrate attacks. The problem is that we already have Allen, Leiva and even Sahin that can, and will, play that position in front of him. I'm not sure if he's going to get enough time to really make the transition. I hope he can develop into a real quality player, but I'm not as optimistic about it about his future as Mr. 'Swagger here.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:17 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/jonjo-on-fergie-tackling-and-rafa

Brilliant little interview with Jonjo Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:45 pm

"I remember coming up here with my mum, sister and dad and we met Rafa at the training ground. He took us into his office and began talking to my mum about how Stoke played the long ball. My mum was thinking: 'I really don't care about Stoke'."

Rafa you legend! Talking tactics with a potential/just arrived signing's mother. Laughing :bow:
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm

"The reality is we're a long way off in the league," said Rodgers. "We finished eighth last year. If we can improve on that, it'll be fantastic for us."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20292420

Now there's the winning mentality I want to see from a Liverpool manager :bow:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:26 pm

Art Morte wrote:
"The reality is we're a long way off in the league," said Rodgers. "We finished eighth last year. If we can improve on that, it'll be fantastic for us."

Art Morte wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Art Morte wrote:It's a fine result for us. Chelsea were slightly better, but we have been that in too many games this year while not winning, so I will take this point as one that we deserved.

Art no result is fine for us unless it's a win. I hate when fans try to justify results by saying the opposition was tough. Heck every opposition is tough, we don't want that mid-table-club mentality where we say a home draw vs. Stoke is fine.

It's called "realism", I believe.

You even disagree with him when he agrees with you. Impressive consistency.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:31 pm

I just feel some of us are just trying to find excuses to blame him in any way. With the team we currently have i can't see us doing any better. Sorry had to put it in there. . . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:07 pm

stevieg8 wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Art Morte wrote:
Art Morte wrote:It's a fine result for us. Chelsea were slightly better, but we have been that in too many games this year while not winning, so I will take this point as one that we deserved.

Art no result is fine for us unless it's a win. I hate when fans try to justify results by saying the opposition was tough. Heck every opposition is tough, we don't want that mid-table-club mentality where we say a home draw vs. Stoke is fine.

My realism comment in red was a reply to the other part in red. It's realism that we might not win at Stamford Bridge and being happy with a draw is then OK. It's not realism to me to call us a mid-table club or being happy with drawing against Stoke. Apparently Brendan Rodgers sees those as fine targets, though.

Fahim89 wrote:I just feel some of us are just trying to find excuses to blame him in any way. With the team we currently have i can't see us doing any better. Sorry had to put it in there. . . .

What? I mean, what? In Johnson, Skrtel and Agger we have some of the best defenders in the league. In midfield we have Gerrard, Sahin (Bundesliga Player of the Season from 10-11), Rodgers's hand-picked Allen, Lucas coming back, Shelvey... In attack there's Luiz Suarez, one of the best players in the league. Sterling who is looking like the real deal, Suso as well. Carroll was pushed out and Borini is another hand-pick from Rodgers. This team should be at least as good as last season, which was a very unlucky season for us in terms of finishing chances, and in fact even better a team because Rodgers had £20m+ to spend in the summer. Yet he comes out saying "if we can improve from last season's 8th place finish it will be a fantastic achievement". F*** logic.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Art Morte wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Art Morte wrote:

My realism comment in red was a reply to the other part in red. It's realism that we might not win at Stamford Bridge and being happy with a draw is then OK. It's not realism to me to call us a mid-table club or being happy with drawing against Stoke. Apparently Brendan Rodgers sees those as fine targets, though.

Fahim89 wrote:I just feel some of us are just trying to find excuses to blame him in any way. With the team we currently have i can't see us doing any better. Sorry had to put it in there. . . .

What? I mean, what? In Johnson, Skrtel and Agger we have some of the best defenders in the league. In midfield we have Gerrard, Sahin (Bundesliga Player of the Season from 10-11), Rodgers's hand-picked Allen, Lucas coming back, Shelvey... In attack there's Luiz Suarez, one of the best players in the league. Sterling who is looking like the real deal, Suso as well. Carroll was pushed out and Borini is another hand-pick from Rodgers. This team should be at least as good as last season, which was a very unlucky season for us in terms of finishing chances, and in fact even better a team because Rodgers had £20m+ to spend in the summer. Yet he comes out saying "if we can improve from last season's 8th place finish it will be a fantastic achievement". F*** logic.

I'm sorry, I fail to see where in the quote Rodgers said anything about drawing to Stoke or being midtable. he said an improvement from last year would be ideal, essentially exactly what you're arguing in the second half of this post, but is acknowledging that being a top team this season is probably out of reach - exactly what you're saying in the post I quoted. You' contradicted yourself because you don't like Rodgers, and now you're trying to twist his words to claim that's false. 0/2.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:28 pm

Rodgers didn't say anything about drawing with Stoke. Messiah said something about it and I never meant to comment on that part of his post.

Rodgers said it would be "fantastic" if we finished higher than eight. That's equivalent to saying "it's not bad if we finish 8th, 10th is not that bad either. In top-7? Wow, that would be fantastic."

I, again, did not say "improvement from last year would be ideal". I'm saying it's a must. I'm saying "I can't f***ing believe it that a Liverpool manager comes out and says 'finishing 8th or higher would be fantastic'".

I mean, just last season we finished 8th and our manager got sacked. The very next season it's supposed to be fantastic to finish 8th or higher? I mean wtf?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:50 pm

Tbh I kind of agree with Art. At a club like Liverpool, there should always be the aim to reach top 4 if not higher. Rodgers didn't do himself any favors by saying that. The squad is more than good enough. We're only lacking depth in attack and it's not like we don't any weapons up there, we have one of the best in the league in Suarez whose shown that he can carry the load at least until Jan. I still have Rodgers back %100 but it frustrates me when he comes out and says shite like this. Heck I'm still being optimistic about top 4 here and he brings up the bullshite about it being fantastic to improve on last year. It's f*cking MUST to improve on last year, there's no way I can sit here and be ok with Rodgers, if we sacked the greatest legend of our club with not living to the clubs standards.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:12 pm

So obviously there isn't much to go off of until the story gets published, but apparently the Times has some big news about LFC coming out tomorrow, and it's not good. Two biggest ideas going around are a godfather offer from Man City for Suarez, or a point deduction over the stuff with Fulham. I think either would be pretty upsetting though, hoping they're full of hot air.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:05 am

Will probably just end up being some story about how Agger's/Lucas's injury is going to take longer than expected or some such. Never trust journo's on twatter.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:39 am

RedOranje wrote:Will probably just end up being some story about how Agger's/Lucas's injury is going to take longer than expected or some such. Never trust journo's on twatter.

yeah the injury idea was also suggested, although specifically mentioning reina. feel like they wouldn't hype up something like that, but you never know what people will do for a little attention.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:23 am

Point deduction over Fulham? Really...?

It's most definitely the fact that City are ready to submit a bid for Suarez. Just hoping they don't turn his head. And if they do turn his head I'm hoping we get something like 40m AND Balotelli for him.

@ Red: Lucas has tweeted he was set to be back in training next week. It's most likely Agger if it is an injury issue.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:24 am

The circulations in the newspapers have been regarding the City transfer interest for Suarez . . . . . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:58 am

Goddam, I'm not ready to lose Suarez so soon. If we even consider it, I would despise the owners and Rodgers for quite some time. Can't deal with this January bullshite and losing our top attacker right when they're about to hit their prime age for us (i.e. Owen, Torres) all over again.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:55 am

It's just a rumour, you know papers need those to sell.
I'm sure we won't sell him unless he hands in a transfer request. Not too worried.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:57 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Goddam, I'm not ready to lose Suarez so soon. If we even consider it, I would despise the owners and Rodgers for quite some time. Can't deal with this January bullshite and losing our top attacker right when they're about to hit their prime age for us (i.e. Owen, Torres) all over again.

Now come on mate!! the fact that they want him doesn't mean we are going to sale or he wants to leave. Suarez is not leaving for sure!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:50 am

of course that is if the rumors are true, which they probably aren't Razz
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Goddam, I'm not ready to lose Suarez so soon. If we even consider it, I would despise the owners and Rodgers for quite some time. Can't deal with this January bullshite and losing our top attacker right when they're about to hit their prime age for us (i.e. Owen, Torres) all over again.

Back so soon, Sep?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:06 pm

I'm multi-tasking....someone has to keep Sep's memory alive, no? Very Happy
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:21 am

guys, i hope everyone has read Suaraz interview on LFC website:
Luis Suarez today collected his second successive Standard Chartered Player of the Month award :bow: ....what he has to say,

"I have a very long contract here and it's a dream come true to be playing at a club like Liverpool because, as I've said, as a boy I dreamt of playing for a team like this.

"Now I'm here, it's all about enjoying myself and trying to be here for as many years as I can, because I'm at a club where I'm very happy, my family is happy, I've got fantastic teammates and a manager from whom I'm learning so much.

"As a player, it's vital to have the backing of your manager and so I think that the confidence Brendan is showing in myself and the team as a whole is very important and it's down to us to repay that trust out there on the pitch."

Suarez added: "Let's hope we can keep improving. I'm working well and I'm very happy at a club where I've always wanted to be. At a club to whom I'm very grateful for the trust everyone is showing in me - a club with amazing supporters and teammates who are all great people.

"The other important thing is that the squad is very united. In spite of not getting the results we would have liked, we have a great spirit of togetherness and let's hope we can continue to pick up points."

Reaction about receiving boooss from other supporters:

"I think you need to really know a person before you criticise them or speak out about them," he explained. "I think sometimes the opposition fans are more interested in booing Luis Suarez for the problems he had or because he's gone down for something than they are in their own team!

"I think that each set of supporters should just worry about their own team and leave their opponents well alone, just like the Liverpool fans do.

"I think our fans are the perfect example and always show how to help the team by wanting to get behind the side. It doesn't matter who the opposition are, the only thing they want is for their team to win by giving a lift to the players with their support.

"That's what the other clubs' fans need to do - get behind their own side and not just think about Suarez, because all that does is motivate me even more to do well."

"Chelsea was a result that was neither good nor bad," said the No.7. "I guess we really need to be picking up as many points as we can, given that we haven't got as many points on the board that a club like Liverpool would expect to have at this stage.

"Wigan is an absolute must-win fixture. It's a very important game for us to gain in confidence for the matches ahead and to get stronger here at Anfield, which is where we need to make the difference."

Last edited by HEIL MEIN REDS on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I had copied wrong information.)

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next