VendettaRed07
urbaNRoots
SamuelJayC
RealGunner
sportsczy
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Diaby's physical trainer for past 4 months talks Empty Diaby's physical trainer for past 4 months talks

Post by sportsczy Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:42 pm

http://video.lequipe.fr/video/football/foot-and-co-diaby-peut-on-croire-en-lui/?sig=b9c51839e5cs

after 8 min mark.

Basically, he said the following:
- Diaby had massive muscular imbalance issues and the rehab at Arsenal was not done well (implied on second part).
- Diaby had one leg that was a footballer's and another leg that was fit for a 10 year old (exact quote).
- The last 3 months were spent to strengthen his injured areas and regain proper balance.
- Also spent a lot of time working on getting the body to release the scar tissue from his injuries, which created irritation, and to reestablish proper flexibility in those areas.

This trainer was the one who trained Diaby during his only injury-free season (2009-2010). After that, Arsenal wanted Diaby to use the club's training and recovery methods (because they're cheap). Only in the last 4 months did Diaby request and receive authorization to return to this trainer.

From what i heard, Arsenal's training staff seems pretty pathetic. You NEVER allow a player to return unless the player's muscular makeup is strong and balanced. Working on regaining flexibility and releasing scar tissue are novice level things. Wtf are they doing?!

No wonder so many injuries at Arsenal keep recurring and players always seem to stay out much longer than anticipated.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Diaby's physical trainer for past 4 months talks Empty Re: Diaby's physical trainer for past 4 months talks

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Damn

No wonder there was news last year or so reporting Diaby is unhappy at the Club. Wouldn't be surprised if this was the issue behind it

Last edited by RealGunner on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Diaby's physical trainer for past 4 months talks Empty Re: Diaby's physical trainer for past 4 months talks

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:04 pm

Wow. Long may he stay with current physical trainer.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:06 pm

Yeah... the trainer also said that everything is a consequence of the ankle injury he got in 2006. Because of that, Diaby needs to have himself treated and trained proactively and with a focus on his issue... reactively would be a disaster and history has shown it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:07 pm

Terrible.

Thankfully he has his own trainer now and hopefully do a 09/10. How sad this might sound we need him and Jack for the season.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:07 pm

...Can he train Wilshere too please?
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:13 pm

DIaby spent his whole summer in a clinic with this trainer to work on rehab 100%. He didn't take any vacation and committed all his time. As the trainer said: "not many elite footballers would spend 1 month staring at 4 walls and doing rehab."

Good for him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:19 pm

Im not surprised at all though

Wilshere was supposed to be back months ago but the rehab went shit for some reason

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:33 pm

We should hire this guy.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:36 pm

spend some bleep money .....on trainer rofl
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:43 pm

Wow, you guys also realise that last season was the year rvp switched to using his own trainer? i dont know how we look after our players, dont know the details, so i dont want to critisise unfairly, but this is very worrying.

DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:48 pm

I remember Pepe having recurring injuries until he got his own rehabilitation trainer

I think its best to get a professional trainer from outside when you get a serious/niggling injury because more often than not you are always cured
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:33 pm

The amount of money these players get they all should their own trainers.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:34 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Terrible.

Thankfully he has his own trainer now and hopefully do a 09/10. How sad this might sound we need him and Jack for the season.

Why is that sad? when fit Diaby and Wilshere are wonderful midfielders.

Majority if not all teams in the league would miss that quality and would need them to reach their goals.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:39 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:The amount of money these players get they all should their own trainers.

You can't do it unless the club allows it. If something happened to you and the club hadn't allowed the outside training, the club could void your contract.

Arsenal was not allowing Diaby to use this outside trainer until 4 months ago.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:56 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:The amount of money these players get they all should their own trainers.

You can't do it unless the club allows it. If something happened to you and the club hadn't allowed the outside training, the club could void your contract.

Arsenal was not allowing Diaby to use this outside trainer until 4 months ago.

Interesting, I did not know that, thanks.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Terrible.

Why is that sad? when fit Diaby and Wilshere are wonderful midfielders.

Majority if not all teams in the league would miss that quality and would need them to reach their goals.

With sad I wasn't questioning their qualities, I meant relying on one injury-prone player (Diaby) and a youngster who didn't play a year and a half (Wilshere). If one or both go wrong we only have Coquelin, Arteta and Frimpong (D'oh). Sure there's still Cazorla who can play there but our team wont be near as strong as when both fit.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikebergkamp Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:28 pm

sportsczy wrote:
- Diaby had massive muscular imbalance issues and the rehab at Arsenal was not done well (implied on second part).
- Diaby had one leg that was a footballer's and another leg that was fit for a 10 year old (exact quote).
- The last 3 months were spent to strengthen his injured areas and regain proper balance.
- Also spent a lot of time working on getting the body to release the scar tissue from his injuries, which created irritation, and to reestablish proper flexibility in those areas.

This trainer was the one who trained Diaby during his only injury-free season (2009-2010). After that, Arsenal wanted Diaby to use the club's training and recovery methods (because they're cheap). Only in the last 4 months did Diaby request and receive authorization to return to this trainer.

From what i heard, Arsenal's training staff seems pretty pathetic. You NEVER allow a player to return unless the player's muscular makeup is strong and balanced. Working on regaining flexibility and releasing scar tissue are novice level things. Wtf are they doing?!

No wonder so many injuries at Arsenal keep recurring and players always seem to stay out much longer than anticipated.

Sorry, I am french and I disagree with your translation...
He never mentions Arsenal! All the negative things he said was on Diaby, he said that once he rushed his comeback, but at no point he mentions the medical staff at Arsenal, you say "it is implied", maybe i am not as smart as you but for me he never says anything bad about Arsenal medical team...
The rest (that is not said on the video) about how Arsenal didnt let him go etc is true, but it has no link with the video...
So for me there is absolutely no "breaking news" here, except that once Diaby rushed his comeback and it was a mistake....

ilikebergkamp
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:30 pm

dont know how familiar you all are with the nba, but this sounds really familiar to greg oden in the nba.

he was riddled with leg injuries because of a similar imbalance, except his was worse. one of his legs was a bit longer than the other, and he was 7ft. tall which further complicated the issue.

if this trainer can sort out diaby's imbalance issues that will be great. it also shows that are physios AREN'T the best like i've been saying. having the best equipment in the world doesnt mean jack. bottom line is you have to keep the players healthy, and rehab them quickly and successfully and our staff struggles in that area
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:47 pm

So many viewers on this thread as I linked it on twitter Razz
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:04 pm

I was wondering why we have so many guests lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SSgooner Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:27 pm

A very interesting thread. The end product of Diaby using his personal trainer is very obvious. Look at him in the last 2 games.

The bigger test now will be this international break. He's been called up for France NT, and if he manages to play both games and come back fit, I think we won't have any problem with him anymore.

The club should encourage fragile players to use their own personal trainers.

SSgooner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:12 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:So many viewers on this thread as I linked it on twitter Razz
Most users ever online was 2485 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:17 pm affraid :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:34 am

Sam probably just brought in a shitload of new Gooners to the forum.

More power to us I guess Laughing
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:50 am

ilikebergkamp wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Sorry, I am french and I disagree with your translation...
He never mentions Arsenal! All the negative things he said was on Diaby, he said that once he rushed his comeback, but at no point he mentions the medical staff at Arsenal, you say "it is implied", maybe i am not as smart as you but for me he never says anything bad about Arsenal medical team...
The rest (that is not said on the video) about how Arsenal didnt let him go etc is true, but it has no link with the video...
So for me there is absolutely no "breaking news" here, except that once Diaby rushed his comeback and it was a mistake....

Would you care to translate the text as you interpret it then? So we can get a different perspective?

I agree with many post's that based on other players situations and recurring injury issues we have been facing for a long time now, that these accusations ring true..
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum