Sri
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
Lex
Raptorgunner
32 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now. Empty Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now.

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:25 pm

The Sunday Mirror has reported that Theo Walcott could become the subject of bids of £15 million from Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain. Walcott's contract will expire in a year's time and the issue of his future in North London has been overshadowed by the attention paid to Robin van Persie.

The article indicates that Walcott is seeking a new deal worth around £100,000 a week. The questions are whether he's worth that level of investment and whether Arsenal should be tempted by a £15 million offer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now. Empty Re: Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now.

Post by Lex Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:30 pm

This is what Manchester Shitty have done to football

Thank you very much, you steaming c*nts
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now. Empty Re: Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now.

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:31 pm

Lex wrote:This is what Manchester Shitty have done to football

Yes and its becoming a tradition at Arsenal now selling at least 2 main players every season. Evil or Very Mad
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:33 pm

12 years ago, players would bite your hand off if you offered them 70k a week. Now, people argue that 100k a week is "an insult" to some players

F*ck off it's an insult :facepalm: i WISH i could be insulted in such a fashion

Last edited by Lex on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:36 pm

£100,000 a week?

Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now. The_office_gtfo_vsgi8zcf
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:37 pm

Lex wrote:12 years ago, players would bite your hand off if you offered them 70k a week. Now, people argue that 100k a week is "an insult" to some players

F*ck off it's an insult :faceplam: i WISH i could be insulted in such a fashion

Cisse is on 40k a week :coffee: your negotiating tactic is the issue IMO :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:39 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:£100,000 a week?

Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now. The_office_gtfo_vsgi8zcf

If Theo does leave I am sure it is to win trophies not the money. rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:40 pm

Give it a season or two, Mole, he'll be demanding 120k and a second seat on the team bus for his ego :coffee:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:41 pm

:facepalm:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Lex wrote:12 years ago, players would bite your hand off if you offered them 70k a week. Now, people argue that 100k a week is "an insult" to some players

Cisse is on 40k a week :coffee: your negotiating tactic is the issue IMO :coffee:

djourouand Diaby are on 60k a week. :facepalm:

I agree who ever gives these contracts should be fired.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Lex wrote:Give it a season or two, Mole, he'll be demanding 120k and a second seat on the team bus for his ego :coffee:

That's when we sell him for 50m when the market inflates even further Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:47 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

djourou and Diaby are on 60k a week. :facepalm:

Djourou and Diaby were once a main part of our team, playing atleast 20 PL games a season.
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:55 pm

Legend wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

djourou and Diaby are on 60k a week. :facepalm:

Djourou and Diaby were once a main part of our team, playing atleast 20 PL games a season.
They are making same amount of money Mata is making at Chelsea, we signed them both for another 4 years just this year, which team is ever going to pay them that kind of money.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:00 pm

Wouldnt pay much attention to the Walcot to Chelsea rumours, we already bought three wingers thus far (Marin, KDB and Hazzard) and Kakuta should get some more regular game time this season and thus far we've only offloaded one winger, Kalou.

Also we've already had bids rejected for Moses so given FFP blah blah blah and the club possibly looking to sign another big name (Hulk, Modric, Moutinhio) and the need to purchase a backup RB if we really wanted another winger (which still could happen if Yossi and/or Malouda go) then youd think we'd be more inclined to go for Moses given his wages and transfer fee would be cheaper and we'd strugle to offer Wallcot enough game time
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:09 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

djourouand Diaby are on 60k a week. :facepalm:

If you think that's bad you should have seen our wage bill when we went down we had the 6th highest wage bill in the league Laughing

It was insane, it looks good now after 3 and a half years of cutting the wage bill but we used to pay ridiculous wages.... i mean Owen 130k ffs Laughing

I'm sure you will cut all the deadwood on high wages from your wage bill eventually as well, we still have one player to get rid of actually so hopefully he sods off Very Happy

In any case i like Walcott as a player and i think he should stay but 100k is stupid, i wonder why he thinks he deserves that hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:16 pm

It is not about deserving Mole. It is about what he can get in the market. And the likes of PSG will easily give him a 5 million per season contract i think.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:17 pm

He thinks he deserves it because he can get it at multiple clubs on the open market.

Also Wenger doesn't even play him at CF where he's repeatedly said he wants to play.

So unlinke the Van Persie case, I'm inclined to say he can do whatever he wants....would love him at Liverpool TBH....I know he's a fan.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:19 pm

kiranr wrote:
It is not about deserving Mole. It is about what he can get in the market. And the likes of PSG will easily give him a 5 million per season contract i think.

Yes I agree, he looks around the league and guys like Young making more money than him, and if he does move he could make the same or maybe more.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:27 pm

but which big team would put Walcott their starting 11? If i were him i wouldn't want to be called super sub for the rest of my career
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:29 pm

Arsenal every summer.Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now. Bash
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:34 pm

Legend wrote:but which big team would put Walcott their starting 11? If i were him i wouldn't want to be called super sub for the rest of my career

I agree, as you all know I am not his biggest fan and had RVP stayed I would not care if he had moved on but losing 2 big name players again is a embarrassment.

Walcott is hot and cold and when he goes cold in any other big club he will be warming the bench game after game. At Arsenal Walcott would walk in to starting 11 with one eye.

Walcott would be wise to stay at Arsenal and he is still young and in few years he can ask for the raise he wants. If it was not for Arsenal I dont think he would have made it to Euros.

No sure if its true but He reportedly said he doesn't want to stay if we can't keep RVP.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:12 am

Its amazing how a player like walcott can demand 100000k per week.
He had a reasonable season last year but still i have my doubts about his ability as a winger. I feel he lacks the necessary skill and flair to dribble or trick his way around a defender. He is most effective when the team is a goal up and there is space behind to exploit.

As for his desire to play as a CF. Really with his physical structure he wants to play the lone striker against the likes of vidic,company, skrtel and the other giant CBs. If we get 15m and he acts as a diva over his contract we should sell him and get a better winger.

If the club agrees to pay him 100000k a week, the contract should contain a clause that he will use 20000k to buy dribbling and crossing lessons so that when he sees a LB he does not just try kick the ball forward and race after it and that some of his crosses gets past the first defender.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:33 am

abirking wrote:
If the club agrees to pay him 100000k a week, the contract should contain a clause that he will use 20000k to buy dribbling and crossing lessons so that when he sees a LB he does not just try kick the ball forward and race after it and that some of his crosses gets past the first defender.

Quote worthy. :bow:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:37 am

lol @ this guy if he's serious about 100k a week. he's not even the clear cut deserved starter at RW. Gervinho & AOC are on his heels and he has little consistency....

Podolski isn't even on 100k/week is he? FOH, with this mess Theo.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:46 am

Le Samourai wrote:He thinks he deserves it because he can get it at multiple clubs on the open market.

Also Wenger doesn't even play him at CF where he's repeatedly said he wants to play.

So unlinke the Van Persie case, I'm inclined to say he can do whatever he wants....would love him at Liverpool TBH....I know he's a fan.

So do you think Chelsea or PSG or any other top club would play Walcott at CF??????

I'm afraid he juz ain't good enough to play there!!!! So the sooner he starts realising that, the better for him. And if he trully wants to play as a CF he should ASAP get he's shit together!

On Wally staying at Arsenal or not. I really hope he stays! as much as he sometimes can make me furious, when...on his day when his good he's very good!

So I hope our fecked up board sorts their shit out, so we can keep Wally.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next